Chapter 5

Future and Past

       Yoona finally open her eyes as the sun light get trought the window.Actually,she want to continue in her deep slumber but suddenly remembering that Mrs.Lee want to give a 'very special assignment' in her class today.Her life in university is very miserable as many assignment,activity by the club and others to do.But she can't do anything.Oh...for the sake of her career.

As she down the stairs rushly,her brother greet her in such a shock condition that make her finally kiss the floor.Siwan can't help nothing than burst into laughter.Yoona give such a killing gazed for him and he finally stop laughing."Oppa! You're so cruel!" Yoona smacks Siwan's arm strongly as she standing."Ouch! Is that your hand or a rock?" Siwan still joking with his sister.What to do...It's so fun to make her angry!

      "Wo,wo,wo...What's going on here?" Suddenly Mr.Im reach them with a newspaper in his hand."Nothing,appa! This little kid just hit me with a 'stone'..." said Siwan then smile playfully to Yoona.Yoona clench her teeth."Stone?" Mr.Im almost believe what Siwan has said."No,appa.He is just trying to mess up with me this morning." Yoona then glare at Siwan.Mr. Im laugh as he enjoying the harmonious situation in his house.

"Yoona,I think you better ake a move before you're late!" Mr.Im said while patting Yoona's shoulder.Finally she remember about her class.She kiss Mr.Im cheek and not forget to stuck her tongue to Siwan who is now busy eating breakfast.Seeing that,Mr.Im burst into laughter again.

 

* * *

 

        "Alright class,like what I've said yesterday,I will give your big assignment in pair.Right now,I will annouce the group." Mrs.Lee take out a paper with students name on it.

"Why you look so relax? Don't you throb about who is your partner is?" Sooyoung wonder why Yuri is so relaxing that he just ignoring what Mrs.Lee will say."Why I need to be like that? Of course you are my partner!" Yuri said then play with his iPhone."If not?" Yuri just ignoring Sooyoung's question.He put on his earphone to hear music.Sooyoung can't do nothing beside sighing with Yuri's behaviour.

  

"....Kwon Yuri and Im Yoona will be a pair.So,the final pair is Kim Hyoyeon and Choi Sooyoung." Mrs.Lee said her last words and give the instruction.

"Oh,Kwon Yuri...You're right.I'm 'really' your partner." said Sooyoung sarcastically.

"WHAT?!" Yuri take off his earphone and said the word out loud that make all the students looking at him.

"Yes,Yuri-sshi? Want to say something?" Mrs.Lee ask with a smile on her face.

"How can-- Oh,nothing...I'm sorry." Yuri was about to say something but he finally change his mind.

The lecturer just look at him with a weird-looking at Yuri."Okay,that's all.But,before I forget,in two month,we will have a camping at the forest.Get ready!" Mrs.Lee walk out from the class.Yuri is still in his shock condition with the pairing announcement.

"Hey,close your mouth before a fly enter your mouth..." Sooyoung pack all his books."I think it would be better if fly enter my mouth than pairing with that girl."

 

* * *

 

"What the- How can that Kwon Yul be my partner?!" Yoona release her tension at the restroom."Yoona,you can't give up that easy.You need to try! You can,Yoona!" Yoona is like a crazy girl when she is talking alone while pointing at her image in the mirror.

"Are you turn into a crazy girl after Mrs.Lee class?" Hyoyeon who is just come out from the toilet looking at her weirdly.

"Yes,I'm! I think it will be worse if I see that Kwon kid's face!" Yoona grips Hyoyeon shoulder then shake it while give her a i'm-crazy look.

"Wo..wo...I think you must be hungry so that's why you're like this.Let's go!" Hyoyeon pull Yoona's hand and walk to the cafe.

 

* * *

 

"Eat this so you can come back to your sense!" Hyoyeon put a tray of food infront of Yoona and sit opposite her.Yoona blink her eyes and grab the chopstick as she want to start eating.

"I know you never avoid food..." Hyoyeon also start eating.

"Yah! Don't you know I'm a shikshin? Next time,bring more food to me." Yoona wink to her new bestfriend that turn her into a giggle.

"I think even the men are not eating that much.Are you a human or what?" Hyoyeon said playfully then laugh with her own joke.

"It's not funny at all,Hyo.Are you gonna eat that or not? If not,give it to me..." Yoona said with a serious face before they burst into the laughter.They cannot stop laughing until someone interrupt them.

"Hi,Hyo and...."

"Yoona.Her name is Im Yoona...What are you doing here? I guess it must be something important." Hyoyeon look into that person's face.

"Hi,Yoona.Ermm...Actually Hyo, I want to invite you to my birthday party this weekend.Make sure you come,okay?" that person give her a card then she continue,"You can come also,Yoona.See you there!" Finally that person walk away.

"Who is that?" Yoona ask while munching her food."That's Jessica.She is my cousin.Why? Different from me?"

Yoona nod."Yeah,I admit it...She is a little bit annoying...That's why when I said she is my cousin,nobody believe it." Hyoyeon raising her eye brow.

"Yes....I can see the difference.She is cute while you..." Yoona said while pointing to Hyoyeon up and down."Yah! Do you want to say that I'm ugly?" Hyoyeon holds her chopstick infront of Yoona's eyes.

"I don't say anything.Seems like you admit it,huh?" Yoona try to joke around with Hyoyeon."Yah! You 'Im choding'!"

 

* * *

 

Yuri's POV

 

"Seobang ah~" 

Oh,no.I thought that I was save today.Unfortunately...The voice that I never want to hear...Omma!!!

I turn myself to see the owner of the voice.As expected,Yuri.You're finish.

"Sica ah,what do you want?" I ask Jessica quickly,so she will answer me quickly,and I will go from here quickly! Hope that she don't ask me a weird thing.

"Seobang ah,here.Take this.This is my invitation card for my birthday party.Make sure you come!" What? Birthday party? Is she a little kid or what?

"Sica ah,I don't think I could make it.And..one more thing,don't call me 'seobang' !" I tried to find other excuse so I will never go to her birthday party."But...you need to come! Puhleaaaaaseeee~" Oh,no.she's start it.She is clinging her arm in mine as she is jumping like a little kid.Haishhh....Sooyoung ah,where are you? Help me!!!

"Yes,I will come later but now,let me go!" I pushed her hand aside so I can free.She smiles.I bid a goodbye and walk away but after taking two steps,there she goes...

"Seobang ah--oops! Yul ah,don't forget to bring Sooyoung too!!" she shout from the back and wave to me.I just ignore her.Walk,Yuri! Walk!

"Hey,Yul,what's up?" Oh,this shikshin really want to taste my fist."Yah! You make me shock!" I smacked him on his head."That's hurt!" He said while rubbing the place that I've hit him.Hehe~ Serve you right!

"You know,I just save from the 'hell'..." I said as we're walking side by side."Oh,yeah? I don't know.That's why I asked you 'what's up'." A few seconds later,a shout heard.

"Yah! What's that for?" Sooyoung look at me as he want my answer."For being dumb!" I said while continue to walk.

"Sorry~ I'm just joking.Why are you so sensitive today? Don't tell me that you're--"  

PANG!

"Don't be nonsense! I know what you want to say! You want to say that I'm pregnant?!" I hit him again on the same place as before.

"Yah! I don't care if you want to hit me but,CAN YOU PLEASE HIT AT OTHER PLACE?! YOU'VE HIT ME ON THE HEAD FOR FOUR TIMES!" Sooyoung shout really loud that make other students near us looking at us with what's-wrong-with-him stare.I smile apologetically and drag Sooyoung away.

"Ah,I don't believe that today is my unlucky day!" I sigh.Sooyoung look at me."Before I forget,Jessica invite us for her birthday party this weekend.I think better we come before she do something that will bother me in the future." Sooyoung didn't even blink his eyes.

"If you said so...Um...I need to go now.See you later!" Sooyoung walk away.

"Wait! Where are you going?" I ask confusely to Sooyoung who is far away from me.

"Work on my assignment! I think you should too!" I sigh after hearing his last words.Work on the assignment? With that silly kid? Hell,no! What I want to do?

         "Yah! Kwon Yuri! Come here!" Suddenly a voice heard from my back.Is that Jessica again? But,it seems like no.So,I turn to face the owner of that sound who is rudely shout my name like that!

Omo! She's again?!

"Yah! Let's start working on our assignment so I don't have to see your face again!" She said as she walk towards me.I can feel my blood is boiling because she shout at me like that.

"Who are you to shout at me?!"

 

* * *

 

Yoona's POV

    

       "Who are you to shout at me?!" This Kwon kid that stand infront of me is really pissed me off."I'm a human so,what?" I just try to mess up with him.

"Oh,really? So,who am I?"

Wow...I thought that this Kwon kid will have no more words.

"You are a lazy monster that don't want to start our assignment! Can we start our work now?" I look into his eyes asking for an answer.I really hope that we can start now.Huh!

       Suddenly,I feel that my hands are being holding and now I'm drag to somewhere.After a few minutes of walking,finally we reach the destination.It's Yuri's private room.

"Okay,let's start!" he said.I startled.He look into my eyes deeply.Oh,why is my heart is pounding so fast?

1 second...

2 seconds...

3 seconds...

4 seconds...

5 seconds...

6 seconds...

7 seconds...

8 seconds...

9 seconds...

We've been looking into each other eyes for 10 seconds.What is this feeling?

I look at my hand that he hold tightly.I quickly pulls my hand from him.Oh,God...Yoona,what happen to you?

"Oh,I'm sorry...Let's start." He broke the silence.We sit on the sofa and who know,we will be awkward when we want to start doing our work?

      "So,how do--"

      "How can we--"

Omo,we speak at the same time! Oh,Yoona~what happen to you?

"You first.." he suddenly spoke and make a shy a bit."Ermm...according to Mrs.Lee...." I tell him what are we gonna do without looking at his face.

"...we have to--"             "Beautiful..."

I stop talking and try to be brave and facing him.Wait,why is he looking at me like that? He seems not realise that I look at him until I wave my hand infront of his face.

"Yuri? Are you alright?" I asked him."Aa..um...I'm okay." He suddenly shy and looking at our paperwork."So,where were  we?" We start our discussion again and this time we are serious without any quarrel.I think he is actually a kind man.

 

 

* * *

 

      I open my eyes and shock that now I'm lying on the sofa and it's dark outside.Wait...what happen? Why I'm sleeping here?

I sit properly and look at my side.Yuri is there.I can tell that he is busy-ing finish our assignment.

"Oh,you're awake? Wow,you are so great! You've sleep for almost an hour! Oh,I can't believe that I do this thing alone!" Yuri said sarcastically."What? Why you don't wake me up?" I asked him in a shock condition.

"I've do that but seems like you're really a sleepy head! Huh!" he said while put his hand on his hip like an ahjumma scold her child.Oh seriously..I don't have a mood to quarrel again since I just woke up from my dreamland.

"I think we will continue this tomorrow..." I said while packing my stuff.I know he glare at me.

"What? After I'm doing this alone and now you just woke up from sleep easily tell me to continue tomorrow? I can't believe this!" He is really want to test my patience.Oh,I can't believe that I've said he is a kind man.Haishh!!

I decide to just remain silence and quickly out from the room.I walk until I arrive at the car park.

"Oh,it's almost night.I need to walk fast to reach home before sky totally dark."

        When I was about to walk,I heard someone's footstep.I turn to see who is it and it is annoying boy,Kwon Yuri.

"Are you walking to your home? It's getting dark." he asked as he wear his helmet.

 

* * *

 

Yuri's POV

 

       "Of course...Why?" Yoona said but she not even look at me.

"Nothing.Just go home safely." I said then start my Ducatti Bike and speed to my home.While on the road,my head keep thinking,

What if she doesn't go home safely?

What if there are bad man on her way home?

What if something bad happen to her?

 

ARGH!!! I can take this anymore!

I make a U-turn at the traffic light and speed my bike to the campus back.I try to find her at the last place we met but unfortunately she's not there.Maybe she've walk to home.She must not far from here yet.Again,I speed my bike to find her.

Finally...I found her.She is walking alone at the side of the road.I take my bike and stop infront of her.She is a little bit shock with my action.She cannot see my face because of my helmet so I take it off.

"Yah! What are you doing?" she shout at me.Of course,because I stop infront of her and almost hit her.

"Get on." I said and she stare at me cluelessly."Huh?"

"Don't you hear me? Get on.I will send you home.It's dangerous for a girl to walk alone at this time." I offer my spare helmet.I thought that she will not take it but...she wear it and sit behind me! Wait,Yuri.Why are you happy?

"Hold tight.I never ride below 80 km/h." 

"I won't." she cross her arm.

"Okay,if you want to die so hard..." I speed my bike around 90 km/h and you know what,SHE HUG ME from the back.Suddenly I feel like in heaven...

But,I forgot something.Where is her house? I don't ask her yet! Stupid,Yuri!

         I stopped the bike in sudden."Yah! Why did you stop in sudden?"

"Where is your house?" I asked her and fortunately she don't nag at me again.Phew...She just told her home address to me and I start to speed my bike again.

After a few minutes,we arrive infront of her house SAFELY.She alight from my bike and try to take off the helmet but it is tight.I can see her struggle to take off that helmet.But she still look cute even with that condition.

I fed up to see she cannot take off the helmet."Err...Yul,can you help me,please?"

"Come here." she come near me and I take off the helmet.

"Thank you for sending me home." she said then walk towards her house gate.When I was about to going home,she...

"Yuri,wait! Ah..um...Ride safely.Bye!" she run to her house.

Wow!! Sooooooo cuuuuuuuute!

Wait,Yuri.Come to your sense! You HATE her! What's wrong with you,Yul? Argh!!!!!

                                       

 

                                                         tumblr_la3t3jyshP1qbalato1_250.gif