Chapter 21

Future and Past

     Yoona opens her eyes and feel someone is hugging her from behind.She struggles a little bit and turns to look who is it.She saw Yuri who is sleeping with his hand around her waist.Unknowingly,she smiles.She likes to stare at the sleeping Yuri.After a while,she gets off from the bed carefully,not to wake up Yuri.She grabs her towel before taking a bath.

     She don't know how come she slept on the bed.All she know just she fell asleep in the car on the way back home.Feeling fresh,she comes out from the bathroom with bathrobe and found Yuri already woke up.

"You awake." Yoona walks towards the cupboard and get a change.When she finish,Yuri is taking a bath.With that,she down the stairs and straight to the kitchen to make some breakfast for them.After a while,Yuri also comes down and sit at the kitchen counter.

"Are the food ready?" he asked.

"Just wait a minute." Yoona said without looking at Yuri.

Silence.After a while,Yuri opens his mouth.

"When the food are going to ready?" Yoona is pissing off.Just now,she feel happy to see Yuri but now,Yuri is messing up with her.

"It would be fast if you help me." Yoona said ,controlling her anger.

"I won't."

"So just shut up your mouth."

Silence.

"I'm hungry,where's my food?" Okay...Yoona can't hold it anymore.Yoona turns and point at Yuri with a knife in her hand.

"I will kill you so you won't feel hungry!" Yuri shocks with Yoona sudden action and quickly steps back.

"O-okay..."

      Then someone interrupt them.

"Hey,why so noisy in the morning?"

"Noona?" Yuri rubs his eyes.When he is confirm that is Sunny,he quickly hide behind Sunny."Noona! Look at her! She wants to kill me!" Yuri said while pointing at Yoona,who is still holding the knife.

"Wow,good!" Sunny reply,makes Yuri's jaw drop.He then follow Sunny to sit beside her,with a confused face.

"Noona! What do you mean by 'good'?" He scratch his head."Look at how she holding the knife towards me!" Yuri points at Yoona and saw Yoona give her a smirk.

"What? I think it would be better if you gone,the house will more peaceful...Right,Yoona?" Sunny said while munching the chips.

"Yeah,unnie!" They make a high-5 in front of Yuri.Yuri pouts while looking at Yoona.

"What?" Yoona asked,while smiling playfully to Yuri.

"I will settle this with you in the room." He said but Yoona just ignore it and continue to focus on her cooking.After a while,the food is ready and the three of them eating happily.

 

* * *

*knock*

         "Come in." With that,a middle-age man come in with a paper bag in his hand."Kwon?"

"How are you,Im? Feeling better?" Mr.Kwon puts the paper bag on the table before sit on the couch.He is just coming back from his business trip so,on the way to go back home,he layover at Mr.Im's house.

"For now,I'm okay.How about you? everything okay?" It's Mr.Im's turn to asking and he just receive a nod from his best friend.

"How about our children?" he asked again.

"They're okay.Sunny told me that they are always bickering like a little kid but soon,they are okay." Mr.Kwon smiles,makes Mr.Im smiles too.

"It's good.I hope they will love each other soon." Mr.Im said then he cough,makes Mr.Kwon feel worried.

"Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah...I'm okay."

"What does the doctor said?" Mr.Kwon look at his best friend with a worried look.

"He said that I need to do the operation,but you know me..." Mr.Im's answer receive a frown from Mr.Kwon.

"Im...If you love your children,you need to take care of yourself.What if Yoona know this?"

"She won't if you don't tell her.Yes,I love my children.I love Yoona but,I know,even if I'm gone,someone will take care of her.Right,Kwon?"

Mr.Kwon sighs."I hope Yuri will take care of Yoona.I believe he can do it.I will make sure he won't hurt your daughter." Mr.Kwon pats Mr.Im's shoulder.With that,Mr.Im's tears start coming down.

 

* * *

 

Yoona's POV

    It is afternoon and the house is empty.Sunny unnie is going to the convenience store.Only me and Yuri are at home.Me now is try to eliminate the boredom by watching my favourite cartoon,Rilakkuma.While watching it,the channel change.I turns my head and see Yuri is sitting beside me with the remote control in his hand.

"What are you doing? I want to watch Rilakkuma!" I said and try to take the remote from him but he is just so fast.

"No.Enough with yesterday Rilakkuma bear.Go hug it.Let me watch Mickey Mouse." Yuri said while his eyes is still on the TV.I sighs.After a while,I look at him.He must be focus on the cartoon.I should take the remote now.He wouldn't notice it.

    With that,I move closer to him.Closer and closer and closer...until a few inch between us.I jumps to snatch the remote control but...

GDEBUK!

"Ouch..." I opens my eyes and see Yuri is under me while I am on top of him.For a while,we don't move but staring into each other eyes.We stay in that position until I come back to my sense.I was about to get off from him but...he holds me.He makes me startle with his sudden action.He holds me tightly and closing our gap.Getting nervous,I close my eyes.I can feel his breath at my face and his lips is getting nearer.When our lips are about to touch...

BANG!

"I'm ho..me..." The door suddenly open and reveal Sunny unnie who is looking at us weirdly.The plastic bag in her hand fall down on the floor.When we are come back to the sense,me and Yuri quickly get up and standing like nothing happen.

"I-I'm s-sorry.I don't s-see anything!" Sunny unnie take the plastic bag before dashing to the kitchen.Leaving me and Yuri at the living room.Suddenly,my face become redden.Yuri suddenly opens his mouth.

"I-I wanna go o-outside. " He then grab his bike key before going somewhere.

 

* * *

 

Yuri's POV

     Argh!!! What's wrong with me? I almost kiss her! OMG,Yuri!! I don't know where is my destination is but finally I stop at the park.I walks in the park,hoping that I will forget about what had happen just now.Feeling thirsty,I buy a mineral water and sits at a bench.I'm zoning out before realise someone is sitting beside me.I turns and saw the face I hate the most.

"What are you doing here? Leave me alone."

"Why? It's my right to sit here." I sighs.We remain silence until she leans on me and clinging onto me,makes me feel uncomfortable.

"Tiffany..." I pulls myself from her but then she cups my face,makes me startles.

"Yuri,you know that I love you,why you don't give me a chance?"

"Because I'm not loving you.I love another girl.You need to understand,Tiffany." I said before I walks away but she holds my wrist.She comes and facing me.

"But she is dead! I'm still alive and you can see me now! Why,Yuri? Why? I love you.That's all.Why you can't accept me? You know what,before that girl is coming into your life,I already love you.But when I want to confess my feeling to you,you told me that you like her before I could.You don't know how hurt I felt that day.You like my best friend!" With that,her tears starts coming down.

"Tiffany,it's not like that.Yeah...I admit that I like her and I told you first.I'm sorry,but your deed turns me to hate you.If you play fair,maybe we can be friends.But not as a lover.Tiffany,whatever is,I still loving her and remember that." I said then walks away.After a while,I turns to look at her and found she is falling on the ground while crying hard.

'I'm sorry but I can't...'

 

* * *

Taeyeon's POV

     I look in the sky and it is dark up there.I guess it will raining soon.I faster my path to find a place to shelter since I'm at the park.After a while,I found a convenient store so I stay at there for a moment.To heat my body,I buy a hot chocolate before sits at the table outside.I scanning the surrounding and my eyes caught a figure.A girl is sitting on the bench in the rain.I asks for an umbrella and I don't know why but my legs bring me there.

"Excuse me,why are you sitting in the rain? You will catch a cold..." I said.I couldn't see her face until she look at me."Tiffany?"

     She hang her head low,not looking at me.Feeling pity,I bring her to the convenient store and give her my hot chocolate."Drink this.This will keep your body warm..." She takes the mug and drink it.I pulls a chair and sits beside her.Her clothes is all wet.I'm afraid that she maybe will catch a cold.So,I take off my jacket and put it on her.She looks at me and finally I realise that she is crying.

"T-Tiffany,why are you crying? I brave myself to closer our gap.I don't know why but I feel hurt seeing her like this."You can tell me if you want or if you don't--"

"Just shut up." Finally she say something.I keep my mouth shut and look to the front.

"Why he don't want to give me a chance?" Her tears once again coming down."Am I that bad?" I don't know but my hand automatically pulls her closer and hug her.She also rests her head on my shoulder.

"No.You're not..." I said while caressing her hair.

 

* * *

       "Where am I?" Tiffany wake up.Her head feel ache.

"You're at my house.You catch a cold you know." Taeyeon said while giving a glass of water to Tiffany.She takes it and drink some before eat the medicine that Taeyeon gives.

"Thank you." Tiffany said then she get off from the bed.Before Tiffany could go farther,Taeyeon holds her wrist.

"Where are you going? You're not feeling better yet." He said.

"I want to go home.Let me go." she said then struggles to free herself from Taeyeon's grip but Taeyeon just to strong."Let me send you home.Okay?" Tiffany looks at him then nods.

After a few minutes of driving,they arrive Tiffany's house.Taeyeon opens the car door for Tiffany.When Tiffany was about to enter her house,Taeyeon calls her name.

"What?" she asks.

"Err...erm...Are you going tonight?" 

"Huh?"

"The prom night."

Tiffany stay silent.

"I don't know." Finally she said something.But still,she is not smiling.

"Would you...w-would you want to go with me tonight?" Taeyeon suddenly blurted out,makes Tiffany startles.Taeyeon is nervous waiting for Tiffany's answer.Suddenly,Tiffany smiles sweetly then she walks away.Taeyeon confuse.

"Is that mean you accept to go with me?" Tiffany who is still smiling,enter the house and close the door then she leans on it.She don't know why but she feel so happy.She forget what had happened with Yuri this afternoon.Then,she heard Taeyeon shouts from outside.

"I will come to fetch you tonight! Wait for me!" Unknowingly,she smiles again before runs to her room.She pass beside Jessica but she just ignore her sister.

"What's wrong with her? Crazy." Jessica said.

 

* * *

It's already 6 p.m. but Yuri still not coming home.It makes Yoona feel uncomfortable.She keep walking back and forth in the room until the room door is open.A figure appear.

"Where are you from?" Yoona quickly walks towards Yuri."We have 2 hours before the party start.Get ready." Yoona said before walks away but Yuri pulls her hand and hugs her.

"What are you doing? Let me go!" Yoona struggles to free herself but she can't.After a while,Yuri let Yoona go."Thank you..." he said before take a bath.Leaving Yoona who is still in a blank state.

 

* * *

Yuri's POV

     I look at my wrist watch and it's already 7.45 p.m. I'm still waiting for Yoona to be ready.I stands in front of the mirror and checks myself.Good...Handsome like always.Hehe~

After a while,Yoona comes down and walks towards me and once again,my jaw drop.Why she looks so beautiful tonight? I can't stand looking at her like this so I take her hands to my car.Then,we go to the party.While in the car,I can't stop looking at her until she said something to me.

"Are you okay? You are weird since this evening." I nervously focus on driving.I runs my eyes from looking at her.Oh God...Why she look gorgeous tonight.I can't stop drooling on her.It's a relief I can control myself.Phew...

In any minutes,we arrive the party.I nervously open the door for Yoona.She steps out and smiles at me.Oh...how can I resist that smile? 

I extend my hand to let her cling her hand at my arm.

"Err...would you--" Before I could finish my words,she already cling into me,makes me a little bit startle.Then,we walk together to the hall.When we enter the hall,everyone are clapping their hand and I realise that Yoona from the start hang her head low.So,I whisper to her.

"It's okay,I'm here." I holds her hand.After that,we walk to where my friend at.And I see Sooyoung.

"Hi,Yoona!" What? He greets Yoona first? Not me,his best friend? What kind of friend he is? Then,Soo is extending her hand to shake hand with Yoona but I unknowingly shake hand with Sooyoung.Haha! I like to see his disappoint face.Serve you right,Choi!

"Where is Taeyeon?" I asks.

"I'm here!" I turns and saw Taeyeon comes towards us and I shock to see she is coming with Tae.

"Tae! You're coming!" Sooyoung then greets Taeyeon."Hmm...Looks like everyone here have a partner except me..." he said.Then everyone laugh except me and Tiffany.

"Don't worry,Soo.My sister is here too." Tiffany said.

"Who? Jessica? Maybe next time." Soo said then he excuse himself to the restroom.Then,it is the time to dance.I look to Yoona.

"Err...D-do you want to d-dance?" I asks her.Taeyeon and Tiffany already go to the dance floor.And at last,she nods.I take her hand and we dance together with our eyes keep staring each other.

 

Sooyoung's POV

     I walks by myself to the restroom.It's not that I have a stomach ache or what but...I just can't resist to look at Yoona.She looks beautiful especially with that red dress.She's just...perfect.What a loss that she is not my prom date.

Everytime I look at her,my heart beats fast.I don't know what is this feeling but...argh...I don't know how to describe it.I can't except the fact she is Yuri's wife.Yeah,I know it cause Sunny noona blurted out,remember? Argh...I need to ask Tae.

I runs to the dance floor and found Yuri is dancing with Yoona.My heart hurt.I quickly went to find Taeyeon.After a while,I found he is dancing too.Without giving warning,I drags Taeyeon with me to a seclude place.

"What are you doing? Don't you see me dancing?" Taeyeon raise his voice.

"You can dance later but now,you need to help me." I holds Taeyeon shoulder.

"Whatever...Say it faster." he cross his arms to his chest without looking at me and sighs.

"Do you remember about our plan?" I look at him.

"Yeah...We want to make Yuri admit that Yoona is his wife in front of us,right? What's wrong with that?" he look at me with a confused face.

"There's no wrong with that.The thing that's wrong is in here!" I said while patting my chest.

"Huh? Y-you don't tell me that you--" he turns serious.

"I don't know! I just can't stand looking at her with Yuri!"

"Hey,wake up! She is our best friend's WIFE,remember? Soo,this is not you!" Taeyeon stress the word 'WIFE' and it makes my heart hurt.Why? Why I need to fall in love with someone's girl?

"Promise me that you are not going to do something stupid,okay?" I look at Taeyeon face and sighs heavily.

"Hey,why I feel some tense here?" Omo! Yuri suddenly comes from my back and put his arm around my shoulder.I completely startle.I hope that he don't heard my conversation with Taeyeon.God,please help me!

"Nothing,Yul.Let's go there.The prom king and queen will be announce soon.Let's go,Soo." Luckily Taeyeon drags Yuri with him.Thanks,Tae!

With that,I also joins everyone at the hall.Everyone is waiting for the announcement.Who is gonna be the prom king and the prom queen.

       "Okay,let's see...Who do you think that will be the king and the queen tonight?" The Mc's words make everyone in the hall going crazy.They scream their name.

"Tonight,the prom king and queen is....." Everyone in the hall feel the tense.Me too.I don't know why.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

       "Mr.Kwon Yuri and Ms.Im Yoona!!!" Everyone in the hall are clapping their hand,except me.

My heart is breaking into a small piece.

Why?

Why I feel like this?

I look Yuri and Yoona are on the stage,smiling to each other.Then,I see Yuri is kissing Yoona's hand.

Oh God.My heart...Please help me...

No,Soo.You can't.

Yoona is Yuri's.

You can't love her.

But....why?

Oh God,please tell me that this feeling is not true but....everytime I deny it,everytime my heart hurt...