Hidden Chapter 4

The Sound of Love (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark's PoV

It was another day. All the GOT7 members and staff were waiting in the waiting room in Hong Kong waiting for the live broadcast to start. It had been a hectic year of traveling for our world tour and we were given a break once the tour was over and now here we were back working again. It felt good being able to perform again. It’s been a while since we last stood on stage, well, not really that long, only about 2 months, but still.

After sitting about for a few hours we were escorted towards the main floor of the venue where all the artists would be sitting. We filed into the second row, bowing as we passed the other artists, and sat down waiting for the show to start. Honestly, it was the usual. We sat there, listened to the other artists perform or get their awards, and that was it. Just another day on the job. We had another 15 minutes of waiting as the staff finished prepping and other artists arrived in the sitting area. I was looking around the venue not really paying attention when I saw her. She was entering from the side of the stage like everyone else had and there was a bright smile on her face. I felt my stomach tug as I saw her. She looks so beautiful. I thought, but I shook the thought away once I realized what I was thinking. She walked towards the seats and staff pointed to a seat that was in the row in front of ours and a little off to the side. She bowed at the staff and bowed to the other artists sitting near her with a warm smile. I felt the same pull in my stomach when I saw her smile again and I wished that it was towards me, but I shook that thought away too when I realized what I was thinking. After her, a few more artists entered and the show began. It was a normal show, but I felt myself glancing at her every so often and I had to force myself to look away. I felt relieved when she left, but that relief didn’t stay long considering that now I had to watch her on the stage. I tried not to stare at her directly, but her voice lulled my eyes to her form on stage. My stomach was in knots and flipping around and I had no idea why she had this kind of effect on me. I endured it all until her performance was over and even until the end of the first half of the show. Once part one was over all of GOT7 got up to get ready for our performance. Once part two started, we began to make our way to the stage for our performance. I was a little upset when I saw that she wasn’t in her seat anymore and I had to scold myself for feeling that at all. Why should I be upset that she didn’t see? She left you. I thought, but still, I couldn’t help the feeling of longing in my chest.

We finished our performance and our collaboration stage and we came off the stage sweating bullets. All the members went to our waiting room to cool off and be more presentable for sitting on the stage. We were all changing and drying ourselves off when I heard a squeak from the other side of the room.

“SHE’S PERFORMING!” I recognized the voice as Jinyoung's’. I finished putting on my attire before I looked up towards the screen which hung in the room, showing what’s happening on stage. The audio was being played throughout the entire venue. I saw her again. In a beautiful white dress which made her look like a goddess. I was entranced as she sang with the band and the trance was only broken when I heard a staff member telling us to head towards the stage again. We had to pry Jinyoung away and assure him that we were going to be able to watch it more up close if we left for the stage. We left the room and made our way towards the stage while listening to the song being played in the hallway. We were almost to the main floor when Jinyoung’s voice talked above the instrumental of the song.

“Why isn’t she singing anymore?”

“What?” Yugyeom asked.

“She’s not singing, but the instrumental is still going.”

“Are you sure? Maybe the song’s just ending.”

“Yes, I’m sure. Do you even know who you’re talking to?”

We made our way towards the door to see that she was on stage, but she wasn’t singing anymore. She just stood there. Her head ducked towards the ground and her fingers gripped around the mic. The song came to an end and the lights darkened. The members slowly began to enter after the lights faded and I was the last one in line. I was about the enter the room when I saw her run past me. A staff member was ushering me to go on, but I decided to do something else instead. I decided to follow her.

I wasn’t far off behind her and I saw her running down the hallway, turning at random points and I knew she was just running blindly. I kept my distance behind her and opted to walk fast instead of running after her. She made a turn towards the right and I started walking towards her when I heard her sniffling. I came closer to the corner and it became louder. Cautiously I poked my head around the corner to see her huddled in a corner bawling her eyes out. The scene broke my heart, and I didn’t know what to do. I could only stare at her as her body shook from the tears. I don’t know how long I stood there, but e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter