Chapter 26

The Sound of Love (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo's PoV

Time passed by in a blur after my first date with Mark at the arcade. Since then we went on a lot of dates, but even those dates couldn't keep the stress off from my upcoming comeback. I was getting ready for practice one day when I suddenly got a call. I looked at the caller id before I swiped my finger on the accept button brought the device to my ear.

"Jisoo,"

"Yes?"

"Can you come to my office after your practice?"

"Sure. I'll be there around 10."

"Okay, I'll see you then."

"Alright." I pulled the phone away from my ear and ended the call. I was once again alone with my thoughts, and that's never a good thing.

I wonder why he called? Maybe he wants to talk about the comeback? But he doesn't usually call for that. Maybe he just wants to see how it's progressing personally? But he still isn't the type of person to do that.

Endless reasons ran through my head when I was pulled from my own thought by a knock on the door. I looked towards the door trying to break away from my thoughts when the knob turned and the door clicked open.

"Mark!" A smile spread across my face as I jogged towards him. "What are you doing here?"

"I just came to visit my best friend is all." He replied with an adorable smile pasted on his face. "I know you must be busy with all of your comeback promotions, and I thought maybe I could lift you out of your exhaustion."

"Aww that's sweet, but it's actually not as exhausting as it seems. It's definitely stressful though. Just, I feel like the fate of the entire company is on my shoulders, and I can't help but feel like if I mess up this comeback, it's just all going to end."

"Don't worry. You'll be amazing. As you always are." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and brought me in for a hug that I desperately needed. After just standing in his embrace taking in his scent I pulled myself away from him and took in a deep breath releasing all my pent-up stress into the air around me.

"So, do you want to listen to the song?"

"Can I? A regular civilian like me?"

"Oh, don't act like an idiot. Go sit down. I'll play it for you." I walked over to the stereo and plugged in my phone scrolling through the long list of tracks until I found what I was looking for. The sound of strings and a piano fill the room before a steady drumbeat begins. I center myself in the middle of the room facing the mirror before the words begin to flow out.

Why is the sky so much more blue?
Why is the breeze so perfect today?
Pretending like I don’t know
Like I didn’t hear a thing, like I erased it
Should we start talking about something else?
Should we kiss so we can’t say anything?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter