Chapter 19

The Sound of Love (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark's PoV

I was sitting on my bed listening to music. It had been weeks since I had encountered Jisoo, but a couple of days ago I was walking near the shopping district when I saw a crowd forming and music playing nearby. Walking up to the scene I saw her there watching. At some point, she met my eyes, but as soon as she did she was pushed by a crowd and into the middle of the mob. When she started dancing was when I left. I tried to avoid her as much as possible because I just couldn't handle being near her, or even think about her without becoming sad. Of course, that sorrow always led to anger, but not at her. It was always at myself for being such a coward and waiting for so long to confess that made my blood boil. It had been a couple of days since I saw her at the flash mob and I thought I was doing a good job avoiding her until I saw her again today. The memory of the encounter stuck in my mind.

I walked into the studio for the first time during the day. I had always been practicing at night just in case she was there, but today I couldn't wait to let out my stress through practicing. I walked to the studio with earbuds tightly wedged in my ears not noticing her until the door was securely closed behind me.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't know you were in here. I'll just leave." I muttered quickly then turned to leave. As I was leaving I felt her wrap her fingers around my wrist causing my heartbeat to accelerate.

"Wait. Where are you going?" She asked me with a worried tone.

"I don't want to disrupt your practice," I replied back hoping my voice didn't waver. I tried to escape her grip by tugging my arm slightly, but she gripped my wrist tighter.

"What happened to you, Mark? What happened to us?"

"Nothing happened between us." My voice was harsh and I knew it was. I tried again tried to pull away from her grasp, but she held on tighter.

"Then why are you acting like this? Why are you being so cold towards me? Did I do something wrong?"

"I don't know. Why don't you ask your boyfriend?" I said looking at her.

"My boy-...BOYFRIEND?!"

"Yeah. The one you went with after my graduation."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter