Chapter 28

The Sound of Love (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

* A bit of Star Wars Episode IV "spoilers", but not really in this chapter.

Jisoo's PoV

I was empty. Soulless. Dead. I had no idea what to do. I was sitting in my empty dorm room staring at the tv in front of me trying to distract myself from crying. I had cried my eyes out in the elevator for a good 30 minutes before the machine started moving because someone needed it. I pulled myself up and when the doors opened I ran out towards the nearest restroom and wiped all the tears which stained my face. I went back to the car and of course, Jisuk noticed right away and tried asking me what happened, but I refused to talk. He drove me back to the dorm and now here I sat. A living being imitating a bag of potatoes. In all my years of seventeen years of life, I've never felt so clueless and useless. What should I do? If I stay with Mark then his chances of debuting with the company are over. If I break up with him, I'd be losing the best thing that's happened to me.

"ARGH!" I let out a frustrated scream as I held onto my hair as if that would help me hold onto my sanity. It also happened to be in that very moment Mark decided to text me.

Mark: Hey~ I know you must be tired, but I was wondering if I could come over later?

I stared at the small screen before me fingers hovering above the keypad. I must've waited too long because he ended up sending another text.

Mark: It's okay if you're too tired. I can come over another time.

I continued to stare at the screen. My mind was in utter chaos trying to think of what to write. It was then that I finally realized what I needed to do.

Jisoo: No, it's cool. You can come over. Why don't you come over in an hour or two? I have some things to do before then.

Mark: Okay, cool! I'll be over later. :)

I tossed my phone away in defeat and sunk into the couch hoping that it would comfort my guilt. I watched the clock as the seconds ticked away. Eventually, the seconds became minutes and the minutes became hours as I sat as an unmoving lump. I only became aware when the sound of the doorbell ringing shocked me out of my staring contest with the clock. Unwillingly I detached myself from the couch and forced myself to the door. I placed my hand on the knob and released another sigh before opening the door.

"Hey, Mark!" I made my voice sound as cheerful as possible.

"Hey! I brought some movies and popcorn. Since I figured you'd be too tired to go out for a movie." he proudly said waving the DVD's and popcorn. For the first time since the news, I genuinely smiled.

"Aww, how sweet. Come on in then." I moved my body opening the door more so that he could enter. As he passed by I could smell the familiar scent welcoming me and my entire body filled with sorrow and guilt. After closing the door I pasted a smile onto my face. "So what movies did you bring?"

"Only the best movies in the history of time!"

"Harry Potter?"

"What?! No! Star Wars!"

"Oh my god... Harry Potter is so much better than Star Wars."

"No, it's not. Star Wars is a classic. Everyone's watched it."

"Well, not me. So it can't be that great. Not everyone's watched it."

"So, not everyone's watched, Harry Potter."

"Did you?"

"Well...yes. But it wasn't THAT good."

"But you still watched it."

"Yeah, but that only means that I should know which movie is better since I've watched both."

"I haven't watched Star Wars, but I still know what happens in it."

"But you don't know the whole story."

"What more do I need to know? Anakin was good, then he betrayed Padme and everyone else by going to the 'dark side' and became Darth Vador. Padme had twins, Luke and Leia, but dies after giving birth. Luke and Leia grow up. Luke finds

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter