Chapter 34

The Sound of Love (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo's PoV

 

 

His presence made my entire body freeze in place. It was obvious that I was crying and it was obvious that I majorly messed up on live television, but at this point, I didn’t know what to do and I had nowhere to run anymore. My only entrance was blocked by him. I looked up to him as I felt the tickles of a whisper enter my ear, but no sound was heard. I stared at his face and tried my best to look natural as my eyes gravitated towards his lips to understand the meaning behind the whisperers.

Jisoo, are you okay?

“I’m fine.” I was able to muster up a little bit of strength into my voice to compensate for my appearance.

I just saw you running. Are you sure?

“I said I’m fine” I dismissed him. Honestly, he was the last person I wanted to see, let alone reveal my biggest secret to. I saw him hesitate slightly before he spoke again.

No, you’re not.

“What?”

I said you’re not okay

“What makes you say that?”

Because you look like a mess and I know you.

My blood began to boil at his words. He left me for all this time yet he had the audacity to say he knew me? “You know nothing about me.” I scoffed at him.

I know that we haven’t talked, for real, in a while, but I knew you for years.

“That’s the main thing. You knew me. You don’t know me. Whoever you think I was four years ago, I’m not that person anymore.” It was then we were interrupted by a sweating and out of breath Jae-Hyun. He clutched at the wall to stabilize his breathing and once he gained some oxygen back into his system he locked eyes with me.

Jisoo...I...was...looking...every...where...for...you…  A rush of guilt came over me, washing away the anger as I saw his disheveled form in front of me. He came towards me and placed the two small familiar devices into my hands. I gingerly took them from his hands and placed them into my ears. I switched on the devices and they buzzed to life, amplifying Jae-Hyun’s breathing who was next to me.

“Are those hearing aids?” I looked up at the momentarily forgotten figure that was still standing in front of me.

“What if they are?” I spat back at him, the anger from earlier returning.

“Why do you need them?”

“Why do you need to know?” I felt Jae-Hyun’s gaze on me as I rebutted Mark’s questions. I ignored his stare and proceeded to stand up. “Remember four years ago when you s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter