I'm Hanging Onto the Edge of this Unfinished Melody By Myself...

Coffee

~*~

“Jiminnie~” Yoongi began slowly, whispering the words close to the other’s ear.

Jimin hummed, not tearing his eyes away from his phone. Yoongi hated that device.

“Jiminnie~” Yoongi called again, this time moving a little closer so that he whispered the words into his ear.

Jimin hummed, a little louder this time, hoping that Yoongi was being annoying simply because he didn’t hear his first response.

“Jiminnie~” Suga tried again, this time even dipping his tongue out to his ear cutely.

Jimin growled at him, looking away from his phone to scowl at him. “What?” he hissed, almost letting it come out as a growl.

Suga leaned in and kissed his cheek softly, sloppily, some drool falling on his cheek. “Hi!” he chuckled.

Despite the previous cute gesture, Jimin smacked his lips and then reached over to hit Yoongi. However, seeing the way Yoongi smiled at him, Jimin dropped his hand, shaking his head fondly.

“Hey,” he whispered back, leaning over to press a kiss on his cheek.

~*~

Hoseok smiled at Taehyung, gently caressing his cheek with his thumb. “You’re so precious…” he whispered softly, as if it were the last time he was going to say it to him.

V smirked softly, cheeks burning a light pink under the touch. He mumbled something back about him ‘being too much’ before pressing a quick kiss onto the fingers that were on his skin. “Hyung~” Taehyung whined softly. “You’re flattering me. Stop it. You tell me I’m beautiful every day.”

The way he said it made it sound as if he were complaining, which he obviously wasn’t.

The other pouted cutely, cocking his head to the side before smirking. “But I didn’t say you were beautiful,” he corrected, causing the younger male to blush, “But I guess you’ve realized it now. My job is now done.” He grinned.

V’s eyes went wide. “D-does that mean you’re leaving?” he stuttered out in a meek whisper, hoping for the best and praying for the better.

As a response, Hoseok held his shaky hand and kissed his knuckles softly, slowly pressing another kiss onto his cheek, his other cheek, his forehead, and on his lips. “I would never.”

Taehyung smiled, wrapping his skinny arms around his broad shoulders, hugging him tightly. “I just hope you’re able to stick with me for the rest of your life.” V blushed when he realized what he had just said.

But Hoseok simply smiled as if it were a simple cute statement and not some sort of commitment. “I’ll be with you forever. I’m sorry Tae, but you’re not getting rid of me so easily.”

Taehyung giggled. “Wasn’t planning on it.”

~*~

The next day, Yoongi walked into the shop with a pout, his bottom lip almost reaching his chin because of how down he was. Hoseok, who was fixing the poster next to the entrance, just stared, amazed at how sad he looked compared to the other days. Taehyung handed the customer his change before turning his head, hoping to steal a glance at Hoseok but instead caught sight of a really depressed Yoongi. His smile faded.

“Is Jimin-ah here?” Yoongi asked timidly, not lifting his gaze.

V blinked. “H-he’s in the lounge. Uh, hyung?” all he got in response was a low hum. “What happened?”

Yoongi sighed softly, for once looking over at the younger male. “He’s mad at me….”

Hoseok chuckled out of nowhere, shaking his head. “Is that why he keeps playing that song “Sugar free”?” he questioned with a knowing smile.

Suga gasped. “You just confirmed he’s pissed at me!”

Taehyung rolled his eyes. “Hyung, you know I love you and all,” Hoseok glared at them both. V took a second to wink cutely at him before looking back at Yoongi. “But what did you do?”

Yoongi pouted once more. There was a few seconds of silence while Yoongi gathered up enough courage to tell them both what he had done. Seconds turned into nearly two minutes and Yoongi still didn’t know what to say and or do. He fiddled with his sleeves before finally decided to get it over with. “The thing is that, well, we ran into Chaerin and…”

V’s eyes went wide. “What d-did you do?”

Hoseok injected himself into the conversation quickly. “What the hell did you do?” he hissed, eyes narrowing. He was getting close to Yoongi, threateningly close, close enough to have Yoongi step a few feet back, inching away from him. V’s eyes went wider than they already were.

Hoseok grabbed Yoongi by the collar, scowling at him. “I don’t care if you’re V’s best friend,” he began growling, “because if you ing hurt him,” his voice went deeper, “I will hurt you.”

Jimin was one of Hoseok’s closest friends. He had never seen the younger male so happy with someone, he had never heard the male talk about someone like that in forever and he was not about to have someone hurt him just because of some chick in his past. Jimin may cause a lot of in their relationship, but it was little. Yoongi’s with this girl goes way back and Jimin hurt terribly whenever this er brought that girl up.

Yoongi’s eyes went wide. He tried to step back, but the younger male’s grip was tight. Taehyung was quick to move forward once he caught sight of that violent gleam in the other’s eyes. He tried to tug his hands away, but all he received was a low growl, Hoseok’s eyes still glued to Suga’s, warning him with a look.

Taehyung tried tugging his hand again, but it was no use. He had no choice now but to use his cuteness to try and pull his lover away. He pouted, eyes going wide and pleading in a flash. In a meek whimper, V spoke to him softly. “Hyung,” he began unsteadily. Immediately, Hoseok looked over at him, the tone of voice he used going directly to his heart. “Please,” he continued sweetly, “stop.”

His eyes pierced Hoseok’s heart and his grip even softened on the older male. With his eyes glued to Taehyung’s, J-Hope let the other go. He put his hands to the side before looking back at Yoongi, muttering out a ‘sorry’, before retreating back with V.

With a small smile, V held his hand, soothing the pissed off male.  “Please, continue, hyung.”

With a quick glance at Hoseok, Yoongi continued. “So Jimin-ah and I bumped into Chaerin and she… she started flirting. And, well, since I didn’t ignore her or anything, Jimin assumed I liked her. And I don’t!”

Hoseok sighed, shaking his head. He wanted to explode on him. Anybody smart would just walk away, if not for him, at least for the respect he held for their relationship. Apparently this bastard had no damned respect for and Hoseok wanted to tell him just that, but once he caught sight of Taehyung’s pretty, worried face, he bit his tongue, choosing the avoid any more drama.

Taehyung bit his bottom lip. “Hyung, I think that the longer you spend without talking to him, the more time Jimin is going to have to think the worst. I think it’s best if you just try and talk to him now. It would be for the best.”

Yoongi nodded, eyes glistening as a lump formed in his throat. “I’m not ready to talk to him though. I think he might push me away and—” he shook his head as tears began forming. “And it might be the end of everything. You’ve got to understand that I’m not good at this, and if I so much as say the wrong thing, Jimin might never want to see it again.”

“But at least you would have tried,” Hoseok sighed.

A tear ran down Yoongi’s cheek. “But I also would’ve failed.”

A long silence descended the room before a sniffle interrupted the silence.

At first, Taehyung simply thought that Yoongi just broke from all the pressure, and that he ended up crying because of the built of frustration, but he glanced at Yoongi. His eyes were as dry as a bone and he was looking up, lips slightly parted. He then glanced at Hoseok, who was looking in the same direction as Yoongi. Curiosity got the better of him, therefore he looked over at the door, where Park Jimin was sobbing silently, a small smile forming on his lips.

He slowly walked over to Yoongi, his gaze on the floor, a small smirk playing on his lips. Once he was in front of him, he spoke. His voice was soft, a bit hoarse and shaky because of the tears, but it was still as smooth as silk. “No, you wouldn’t have,” he nearly whispered.

Yoongi blinked, his heart flipping in a mixture of joy because he was talking to him and in a mixture of confusion because he didn’t know what he was talking about. He didn’t even have the strength to talk, though, because he had never felt as sick and sad as he felt then. All he could manage was a confused look.

Jimin scoffed softly, smirking a bit wider at him. “You would’ve never failed by talking to me. I would’ve appreciated the effort and even if you had said something stupid, I would have tried to understand it.” He paused for a second, trying to find the right words to say. “Look, Yoongi,” he sighed, “I know I’m not the easiest person in the world to deal with, but that doesn’t mean I’m not understanding. I’m a bit thick-headed once it comes to you, but—“

Yoongi hugged him tightly, turning his head to press a kiss onto his cheek. “I don’t like her. I would never like her. I have you. That’s all that matters. She’s attractive and all, but she’s not meant for me. She doesn’t drive me insane like you and she doesn’t make my heart beat as fast as you do and she certainly doesn’t have your eyes. Please, forgive me. I beg of you. Please…. Please…” he mumbled softly into his hair, tears raining from his eyes.

Jimin felt his chest rising and falling quickly, so he mumbled a few ‘it’s okay’s’ into his ear, wrapping his arms a bit tighter around his neck, nuzzling his face into his neck. “I forgive you, Yoongi. I may have over reacted. I’m sorry too.”

Yoongi chuckled softly into his hair, closing his eyes as he pressed another kiss onto his cheek. “I’m sorry for making you cry. You’re too precious to me, I should’ve never done it.”

Jimin shook his head, still nuzzling his face into the crook of his shoulder. “Just stop it now. Stop apologizing. I have you. You’re mine. We’re each other’s. That’s all that matters.”

~*~

“I gotta go help Jennifer change apartments,” Hoseok stated as he put his jacket on. Taehyung rolled his eyes, fixing his eyes on his phone.

Hoseok could tell he didn’t like this.

Taehyung still hated her because of what she had said, and so did Hoseok, but not nearly as much. He had been mad, but when she apologized and claimed that she didn’t mean it because she was simply mad and she had just missed Hoseok, his big heart wouldn’t let him stay mad at her. He accepted her apology and now he was helping her switch apartments. Perfect. Now he was going to be with her and they were going to be in two different houses without Taehyung. He trusted Hoseok, anyway. And there was no way in hell he was going to be in the same room as her. He refused to help her. No after the say she treated him.

Hoseok leaned in to kiss his forehead softly. “I’ll be quick, okay? I promise that I’ll be back in two hours, tops.”

Taehyung growled, shaking his head, rolling his eyes. “Just go already.”

Hoseok sighed. “You’re mad at me, aren’t you?”

V shook his head. “No, I’m not.” something about his voice told Hoseok otherwise. “I just don’t like her. And you heard the way she talked to me and you’re still going to help her.”

Another sigh. “She’s paying me, also. So it’s more like a job. I’ll be back soon, promise. I won’t even help her unpack.” He smiled at that adorable scowl on Taehyung’s cute mad face. “You know I love you, right?”

He nodded. “I just hope she knows.”

Hoseok kissed his lips, pouting when the other didn’t kiss back. “She knows.” He fixed the collar on his white button-down. “I love you,” he said over his shoulder before he opened the door.

Before he left, Taehyung got up. He didn’t want to give Hoseok the impression that he was mad at him, because he wasn’t. He was mad at her. He pulled Hoseok back into the apartment, kissing his lips softly. Hoseok smiled as soon as the shock wore off. “I love you too, hyung.”

~*~

Jennifer sighed as she put down the last box. Hoseok was fixing a box on her kitchen counter, sighing contently once the box was down. He wiped the sweat from his forehead with his shirt. Yes, he had taken it off a few minutes ago because he found it to be creating more heat that necessary for the already hot day. He tied it around his waist, settling for wearing nothing but a wife-beater he had underneath. His body ached from carrying most of the heavy boxes and the furniture, but he wasn’t complaining either.

The trip back and forth was pretty quiet. Hoseok didn’t try to communicate much because he didn’t know what to say. He wouldn’t know what to say, anyway. They simply asked a few trivial questions like: “Help me out, please?” or sometimes a quick “need help?” Nothing much, really.

Hoseok drank some water before taking a seat on the couch, letting his head roll back. He just needed five minutes to relax. That was it. He had been working hard for almost two hours and all he asked for was a few minutes of rest, nothing much.

The female smiled softly at him. “Tired?”

Hoseok hummed. “Very.” He looked over at her and smiled, signaling for her to sit beside him. He giggled softly, tiredly, before going to sit beside him.

She tossed her head back as well, her bun hitting the wall in the process. “I didn’t think it would be this exhausting!” she complained. Hoseok chuckled, shaking his head.

“I guess we didn’t know what we were getting ourselves into…”

His eyelids felt a bit droopy at the moment, as heavy as bricks. He blinked quickly, trying to shake off the sleep from his eyes. She looked at him. “Sleepy?” she cooed chastely.

He hummed, too tired to speak. His body began waving him goodbye at the moment, his eyes suddenly to dry to stay open.

“Take a nap, then. I promise to wake you in ten minutes, hmm?” she hummed, the suggestion sounding way too good to decline.

“Ten minutes,” Hoseok mumbled before sleep got the better of him.

~*~

Jennifer chuckled to herself, taking her shirt off. This was too easy. The situation was perfect, too. He was shirtless, she was shirtless, and they were both sweaty and tired. It would all look too real. It was past midnight, too. The situation practically begged for her to do what she was about to.

She climbed on Hoseok’s lap, smirking to herself when the heavy sleeper didn’t so much as wince. Since his head was tilt back, and his lips were slightly parted, all she had to do was make the same face. Easy.

She unlocked his phone, went through his contacts and then found the one labeled ‘Tae <3’ rolling her eyes at the name. She went for the message icon, clicking on the little camera at the bottom where you were supposed to type in a message, and then she posed.

Easy.

Once she saw the rather dirty, blaming picture on the screen, she smirked. She got off of Hoseok, pulling her shirt on, but not before she pressed the ‘send’ button.

“Guess you’ll have no other choice than to stick with me now that your ‘Tae’ is leaving you,” she mumbled to herself as she slipped the material over her head. She exited the message app and then locked his phone again, tossing it beside him on the couch.

She retreated to her room, a smile of satisfaction playing on her lips.

~*~

A/N: Guess who’s back?

Back again.

Iljae’s back.

Tell a friend.

Yes, we have a villain. BUT NO THE V-HOPE! AND THE YOONMIN! Here comes the drama. Brace yourself. Also, to whoever I had promised that time a chapter, I wrote you a story instead because this was far too sad to dedicate it to someone.

It’s called: “Dirty Mind”- VHOPE. It’s for you, Lindylinn. <3

COMMENT AND UPVOTE!