Don't go

A little lie never killed nobody

Don't go

♦♦♦

-Baekhyun, have you seen Jongdae today? - Minseok asked druing lunch, after having spent half of a day looking for the younger. 

-Hmm, now that you've mention it... no, I haven't. Why?- The dark haired boy looked up at Minseok, stuffing his mouth with a chicken sandwich.

-We were to meet today...

-Again? - Chung cut the boy's sentence short, raising her gaze.

-Yes, again?- Minseok answered in an asking manner, raising one eyebrow.- Any problems?

-You already spend half of the yesterday's afternoon with him, oppa. Find some time for me. - She cried a bit, resting her head on his shoulder and putting one hand on his tights. Minseok felt uncomfortable, again, and as if he was about to vomit. She's taking it too seriously, he thought, trying his best to fake a believeable smile. He heard Baekhyun and Sehun laughs, followed by mocking "Oppa, find some time!" 

-You are over exagerating, Chung. - He gently took her hand off his knee. - You know I am not doing it for pleasure but because we have to work. So please, stop it.- Without sparing her another look he took a bite of his salad. Chung sighed but let it go.

-The more times hyung meets Jongdae now, the sooner they'll finish, noona. And the sooner they finish the more time he'll have for you later.- Baekhyun winked at the girl and they laughed. Minseok felt like rolling his eyes. A few moments later she excused herself and left the table as she had a school coucil meeting to attend to.

-Is everything alright, hyung? - Sehun asked, his eyes following Chung.

-What? Yes, I guess so. Why?

-Nothing, just asking.- They youngest smiled and carried on eating.

Minseok went back to wondering about Jongdae. Why wasn't he at school? Why wasn't he answering his texts? Could something happen? Could he... get ill?

-Minseok, are you still thinking about Jongdae?- Baekhyun asked, crossing his hands on the table.

The said boy's head went up, quickly catching the other's eyes.- What? No. Of cour....

-Yeah sure, stop lying. Wow, I can't believe this stupid history assignment is so important to you- he mumbled taking his phone out.- Because I know you and I trust you, If you want I can give you Jongdae's address. You could just drop whatever papers you have for him after school.- The boy raised his gaze, facing his hyung.

-Oh.- Minseok did not think about it. - Ye.. Yeah, I guess that would do. Don't you think he would mind, though?

-Nah, he probably wouldn't. I bet my money he's probably just lazy that's why he's not at school today.- Baek let out a soft laugh and wrote the address on a piece of paper from his notebook.

♦♦♦

A few hours later Minseok was standing in front of a traditionally-stylized house on the suburbs of Seoul. He took a deep breathe and after having checked the number about fifty times he brought himself to knock on the door. Once. Twice. Three times. No answer. Maybe he's just not at home, he thought to himself and was about to leave when he heard a sound of a breaking glass coming from the inside. He froze, thinking what to do. No more sounds followed that one. He slowly turned to face the door and knocked again. But still, no one would answer. He looked around making sure none of the neighbours was around and slowly pressed the knob. 

-He..Hello?- He whispered after closing the door behind him. Dead silence. Minseok put his bag next to the door and slowly made his way down the corridor. At the end there was an open space, a few steps leading down to what Minseok figured was a living room and to the right there was a kitchen. Minseok's eyes widen when he saw a figure leaning against the counters, paler than death, hardly standing on his feet.- Jongdae!- He exclimed, quickly making his way to the boy, until he stepped on something sharp. He stopped and looked down. Shatter glass. He looked at Jongdae whos hands were trembling. It must have been him.Taking a big step Minseok finally reached the boy.- Jongdae, are you alright?- He whispered but quickly notices a few drops of sweat running down the boys face. He frown and put his hand against the younger's forehead.- Oh my, you're burning! We gotta bring you back to bed.- Having said that, Minseok put his arm around the younger's waist and threw his arm around his shoulders. It took him longer than he though to bring Jongdae to bed, as not only was the younger too weak to move but it took Minseok quite some time to get to know which room was Jongdae's, as the boy didn't seem to realise someone was talking to him at all. After having put the now trembling and shivering boy in bed, the older covered him with sheets and a blanket he had found lying on the floor. - Jongdae, do you feel warmer now?- Minseok asked, kneeling next to the bed. When the only answer he got was a weak shaking of the other's head indicating that no, he did not feel any warmer, Minseok beat his lower lip. When he got up to go out and look for bathroom he felt something catching his hand.He look down and realised it was Jongdae's hand, weakly holding onto his.

-Can you... Please don't go.- He whispered, his watery and glassy eyes focused on him. Minseok's stomach did a weird thing, as if he was on a roller coster, and a small smile crept on his lips.

-I will be back in a minute, Jongdae, I promise. I will try to make you feel warmer, okay?- He said softly, covering the younger's hand with his.

-Okay... but please... don't go...- He whispered again, his vocie weak, as his hand slid off the older's.

Minseok quickly left the room, looking for a bathroom. After a few moments he finally found the right door. Grabbing the first towel he saw, he spent the next few seconds looking for some kind of a bowl. Having found it as well he quickly poured cold water inside it and threw the towel in then exited the room and headed back to Jongdae's.

-Hey- he whispered softly, sitting back down next to the bed.- I'm back. Jongdae, could you please lay on your back?- He asked slowly and softly, making sure the boy hears and understands him. The ill one weakly nodded and turned a bit. - Alright, now I am going to put a cold tower on your forehead, to beat the fever a bit, alright?- Minseok took the wet towel out of the water and gently placed it on the younger's forehead. Jongdae's face seemed to have relaxed a bit, an expression of relief going through his face, a soft sigh escaping his lips. Minseok smiled, happy that he managed to make the other feel better, even if it's only for a short while. He slowly moved the towel to Jongdae's burning cheeks, his moves slow and gentle as if he was worried Jongdae would fall apart if he pressed the cloth any harder.

After a while Minseok noticed that Jongdae started breathing normaly, his chest rising and falling in a steady pace.

-Hyung?- He heard a harsh whisper escaping the younger's lips. His eyes were closed and Minseok wasn't sure whether Jongdae was actually calling him or just dreaming.- Could you... ahh, could you bring me some water, hyung?

-Of course, I will be right back.- Minseok quickly got up and left the room, rushing down the hall to the kitchen. After grabbing a glass of water, Minseok decided a little looking around wouldn't hurt. The house wasn't big but very comfortable. Walls painted in warm colours were covered in many pictures of unknown people. For some reason one photography caught Minseok's attention in particular. It looked old, and so it must have been as after examining it closely Minseok realised a little boy in the picture was Jongdae. How old is he? Minseok mumbled to himself, biting his lower lip, Twelve? Maybe. Oh my, did he really use to wear glasses? he chuckled, placing the picture down. He looked cute. Having put the photo down, Minseok realised that not only was Jongdae wearing glasses but also a massive smile. A smile Minseok had never seen. He was sitting next to someone, a tall man carrying a red balloon in his right hand, his left on the boy's back. In the back stood a young woman, long dark hair falling on one shoulder. She had a wide smile painted on her lips, the same as Jongdae's. Must be his parents, Minseok smiled sadly, suddenly feeling jealous of this twelve-year old boy. He did not have such photos with his parents. He did not have any. Letting out a small sigh he turned around and headed back to Jongdae's room.

♦♦♦

-Jongdae, how are you feeling?- Minseok was sitting on the other side of the bed, an empty glass of water in one hand, the second adjusting blanket around the still shiverring younger. He felt sorry for the ill boy, wishing he could somehow ease his pain and discomfort.- Have you taken any medicine? - He continued asking, after his first question remained unanswered.- You're stupid you know.- Right now Minseok was rather talking to himself than to Jongdae as the younger didn't seem to listen.- I told you you would get sick. Who the hell wears spring coat in such a weather?! It was foolish of you, Kim Jongdae. Good I gave you that scarf, otherwise you could be in a hispital right now.- While speaking his thoughts out loud, Minseok unconciously started readjusting pillows underneath Jongdae's head.

-I know, hyung.- Jongdae whispered, his eyes following Minseok's every move since the older started playing with the pillows.- And I am sorry.

-Why are you sorry? What for? Being stupid? Well, don't apologize to me, I hope you've learnt your le...

-I'm sorry I kept you here.- Jongdae stopped the other's sentence, his gaze resting on a wall behind Minseok.- I don't know how or why you are here...

-Baekhyun gave me your address. We were supposed to finish what we didn't have time yesterday, right? I was looking for you half a day at school but you didn't show up. Baekhyun said you were probably just lazy and he ended up giving me your address so I could leave the notes. I see it's good he did that. - He smiled at the lying boy, finishing the sentence.

-Is this project really that important to you, that you couldn't wait until I show up at school, hyung?

No you idiot, you are that important to me, I just really wanted to see you, Minseok thought but kept it to himself.

-It's not like I had much planned for today, Jongdae. And you obviously need someone to take care of you before anyone comes back home.

-I feel bad, hyung, we're not even close and you're already taking care of me... - Jongdae's cheecks went a shade redder.

-Then let's get to know each better.- Minseok smiled at the younger.- But first, you need some sleep. You look terrible, as if you were to die. Don't die, okay?

Jongdae let out a short laugh, but was too weak to carry it on. - I'm not going to die just yet, hyung. Don't worry.

-You look like zombie, of course I'll worry. That's what friends do, Jongdae. They worry about each other.- Minseok smiled widely, looking down at the boy.

-Are we... are we friends then?- He whispered, his eyes getting heavy.

-I hope we can be, one day.

-Hyung...- The boy closed his eyes as they suddenly got too heavy.- Can I ask one more favour?

-Of course. What do you need?

-Can you... Can you please stay here a bit longer? I really don't like being alone.- He mumbled softly, half asleep already.-Please.

Minseok felt something soft entangling around his hand and as he looked down he realised these were Jongdae's fingers. He slowly intertwined his fingers with the other boy's and looked at them. It felt just right. Jongdae's hand was warm and soft in touch, and it fitted Minseok's palm perfectly. Jongdae's touch felt so differently to what Minseok's experienced. He shivered at the reminder of the past events. He felt burning traces on his body, everywhere he had ever felt the unpleasants touches. Everywhere apart from where Jongdae was holding him. 

♦♦♦

Probably around an hour or two later, which for Minseok felt more like one or two minutes, he decided he could clean the mess in the kitchen, before Jongdae's parents come back. He didn't want to let go of the younger's hand, but he knew he couldn't hold on to it forever. He had spent the whole time in silence, watching both the other's face and their hands. He kept on sighing heavily each time a tought of making it last forever appeared in his head. He knew it was impossible. Not now, and probably not ever. His heart was aching each time he looked at the boy's peaceful face, wishing he could change his past and maybe the present. If only he learnt earlier that Jongdae was gay... He probably would never accept Chung's offer. Looking at it now, he wasn't even sure why had he agreed to it in the first place. What for? To not being married to a random daughter of one of your parents rich friends a voice in his head kept reminding him. But with each day Minseok felt like he was losing his best friend. And when would it end?

Minseok felt a light headache from all these thoughts. He took the last look at the boy and promised himself to remember this view and this peaceful feeling for when things get rough.

Gently pulling his hand out of Jongdae's Minseok left the room and headed to the kitchen. Just when he finished cleaning the pieces of glass he heard someone opening the door. A few moments later a young, tall woman appeared in the doorframe.

-Who are you? - She asked schocked.

-Annyeonghaseyo.- Minseok greeted the lady and bowed.- I am Kim Minseok and I am Jongdae's friend.

-So you're Minseok! Annyeong, I am Kim Seul Myun.- She smiled at him. - Where is Jongdae?

-Oh, Jongdae's sleeping, he had a bad fever. I made him a cold pack and he looks a bit better but I'm still not sure.- Minseok was about to ask what the "So you're Minseok" means but Seul was quicker.

-Oh, Minseok thank you so much for taking care of him. What a stubborn kid, he should've called me. I'm gonna check on him now, thank you.

-That's alright, really. I'll be leaving now, as you're here, please say my goodbyes to Jongdae when he wakes up.- Sending her a huge smile Minseok left the room, picked his bag and filled with a happy feeling inside he headed home.

♦♦♦

Hello everyone!

Yah, I am so sorry it took me so long! I was hoping to update a few days ago but then I got sick and apparently writing with a headache is a really bad idea. (plus after having written half of it I almost deleted it and blah blah blah) 

But it is finally here and it would really mean a lot to me If you left comments regarding this chapter because I really tried to make it work and I'm not sure whether I managed! Do you liked it or not really?

Thank you to all my subscribers and this one pretty soul that keeps commenting from time to time :)

Until the next update!

Take care,

badblood.

 

(P.S. It's not checked or edited yet so I'm very sorry for any stupid mistakes)