A bit of truth

A little lie never killed nobody

A bit of truth

♦♦♦

-We need to talk.

It was another afternoon and the boys were lazily eating lunch at school. Baekhyun was playing with Sehun, Jongdae, who for the first time joined them at the table, was pretending to be reading a book, when in reality, he was secretly stealing glances at his hyung, and Minseok was too distructed by Jongdae's glances to focus on anything, a small smile playing on his lips all the time, so he was either looking at the boy as well, and then, when their eyes met Jongdae was blush slightly and go back to reading, or was torturing a  few dumplings he had left on his plate. It was then, when they heard a voice coming from behind Minseok. They all looked up and a small growl escaped Minseok's lips. Jongdae gave him a surprised look, but the older never saw it.

-I don't want to.- He replied, a bit annoyed, never looking at Chung.

-I don't care! You'd better move your...- She started, her eyes becoming smaller, voice lower and quieter, when Minseok cut her short.

-Or what?! - He snaped, his eyes meeting Chung's.

-Or you'll be fat.- She said, an ugly disgust covering her face as she looked down on the dumplings.

-Well, maybe I want to be fat?- Minseok felt an irritation building in him. Can't she just leave? he asked himself.

Chung looked at the boys and then focused back on Minseok.

-Would your little crush want you to be fat, tho?- She hissed, her eyes never leaving the boy. Minseok's head shot up, eyes widening. He stole a glance at his friends, Baekhyun's mouth wide open, Sehun started chocking and Jongdae just looked at him, eyebrow arched.

-Is it something important you want?- He asked in a low voice, mad at the girl for saying that.

-My parents want to see us after school.

-What? - Minseok went a bit paler.- Why?

-I don't know... Just be there.- She whispered and went away without saying anoything more.

A complete silence fell upon the boys as they focused their gazes on the oldest.

-Hyung, what was she talking about? What crush? Why don't I know anything?!- Baekhyun started asking all questions at once, never stopping to even take a breath.

-Baekhyun, be quiet.- Sehun shushed the smaller.- Hyung, - he looked at Minseok.- Are you guys alright?

To say Minseok felt bad would be an underestimate. His friends were worrying about him, but all he'd been feeding them with were lies. They didn't deserve it. And he didn't deserve such friends. He let out a heavy sigh, hiding his face in his hands.- We're perfectly fine, Sehun, don't worry. We just had a little... emm... querrel. That's all. - He smiled lightly at his friends, but never looked at Jongdae.

♦♦♦

Minseok was taking a longer way to Chung's house, not willing to see either her or her parents. Kicking the small rocks lying on the pavement, he once again went back in thoughts to his argument with Chung. 

It was late afternoon on Saturday. Minseok had already finished cleaning the house after Baekhyun's unexpected sleepover and was currently lying down in his bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. A massive smile was playing on his lips, memories of the previous day and night violently occupying his mind. He touched his lips, as if trying to check whether Jongdae's taste was still on them. He tasted good. He remembered how fast his heart was beating, faster than it had ever before, as if it was taking part in a race and loosing was not an option. He remembered the shot of adrenaline rushing through his veins, filling every inch of his body, body so desperate to feel something again, his blood's temperature rising up. He remembered, and he loved it, how everything stoped making sense, how he forgot about the whole world and how the only important thing were the other's lips. He thought about Jongdae's soft touch, his hands running up and down his body, the younger's lips touching his. He closed his eyes for a moment and the memory of the other's body above his filled his mind. Jongdae's shining eyes, dark and big. He felt a tingling on his neck and shivered, a grin appearing on his lips, as he thought of how Jongdae started planting kisses there, looking for the older's soft spot. Minseok felt like screaming. Never before had he felt that happy. He wanted to scream and jump and bring Jongdae into a hug and kiss him until their lips go numb or the younger gets tired of him or the world ends. He wanted to hold the boy in his arms and never let him go. He got up and grabbed his phone. The first impuls was to call Baekhyun. But he quickly remembered, he couldn't. Sighing, wishing he had done things a bit differently, he picked another number. Chung. She got there within just thirty minutes and the moment she saw Minseok lying dreamily on bed she giggled. That made Miseok sit up and smile widely at the girl. At that moment, Minseok felt like he had a true friend in Chung. Just like he used to feel around her before that whole stupid idea. He saw his favourite girl standing at the door, big smile on her face, eyes closed. She was his friend again. Not his girlfriend. He smiled back at her and patted a spot next to him, telling her to sit next to him. They were peacefully lying together, their arms and legs touching each other, their fingers intertwined. And still, Minseok felt everything was right. He felt he had his friend by his side.

-Oppa, what happened?- She finally asked, a smile on her lips, her eyes looking down at their hands.

-I have to tell you something, Chung.- He whispered, excitemend rising in him. - I think I like someone.- He looked right, studying the girl's face. And it wasn't exactly what he expected. Chung had a great shock painted all over her face and in her eyes was a hidden sight of betrayal. - What?

-What... what do you mean you "like" someone, Minseok?

-I mean, I might have or might not have in a way confessed to my crush.- A smile appeared on his lips again.

-And what the hell does that mean ?! - She raised her voice.

Minseok frowned, a thought of telling her about Jongdae quickly leaving his mind. Something was off.

-Chung, what's wrong with that? Aren't you happy for me? Shouldn't you be?- He sat up and straighten his back, looking at the girl.

-Happy?! And what about me, Minseok?! What about us?! - She started gesturing between the two of them.

-Us? What us? - He repeated, dumbfounded.- Chung, but... what would that change? - He put hands on the girl's shoulders.

-You don't understand, Minseok! I.. I... - She started, but stuttered.

-You what, Chung? What's wrong? - He carresed her arms and smiled a bit, enouraging his friend.

-Oppa, I love you. - She whispered, not daring to look at Minseok. The boy chuckled and brought her into a warm hug.- Yah! Oppa!

-I love you too, Chung! You know I do!- He giggled, taking a step back and looking down into Chung's eyes.- You're like my little sister!- He hugged her again and never saw the pain that painted Chung's face, her eyes getting watery. She clenched her fists and pushed the boy away.

-You can't.- She ordered.- There is no way you can carry on with whatever sick thing you have with that guy. I am not letting some random dude destroy your life and what we've tried to accomplish!- She shouted, throwing her hands up.

-What the hell?! You are not the one to decide! -Minseok shouted back.- And what the hell is that thing we've tried to accomplish, Chung?! Because as for now we are only going down because of this stupid lie! I'm done with it! If we keep on playing this game we might end up getting married and believe me I'm not letting this happen!

-Would that be that terrible?! Ending being my husband?! You know well that If our parents will want that, we will get married one way or another!

-Yes, it would be terrible, because I am gay! Just in case you've forgotten! -He was screaming his lungs out, fury taking over him. He couldn't understand what was the problem. Why was she like that? - And that is exactly the reason we cannot lt it happen!

-Then good ing luck coming up with a way of coming out to your parents, Minseok. You couldn't even tell your friends! You're such a coward, we both know you'd sooner end up marrying me than tell your parents you're gay!

Minseok took a step back, blood rushing through his system, his fists clenching. His chest was rising and falling heavily, his eyes focused on Chung. He was angry.Furious. He couldn't believe she'd just said that. But what scarred him more, was that some part of him knew she was right.- I think it's time for you to leave.- He said quietly, his voice low. She spat, turning around leaving the room and house within just a few seconds. 

He took a deep breath as he found himself standing outside Chung's house. Waiting a few more minutes he finally knocked on the door and was let in.

Surprisingly, the meeting went quite normal. Too normal, Minseok thought as after having finished dinner and some basic chitchatting Chung's parents asked them to move to the living room and wait there for them. And that was when, as Minseok recalled it, all hell broke loose. When the couple entered the room and joined the two already sitting there, they smiled at them widely and took their seats.

-Kids, we have some exciting news for you.- Chung's mother started, placing her hands on her knees.

-Minseok, we were talking with your parents.- Mr. Cho stated, looking at the boy.- Since we are quite impressed by your accademic accomplishments, as well in the science as in sports field, we settled that the plan we came up with would best benefit all of us.

Oh, this does not sound good, Minseok thought as his hands started to sweat. 

-We believe both of you carry a great potential that cannot be waisted.- Mrs. Cho continued and Minseok was getting irritated that they wouldn't just go straight to the point.- Since you already know, Minseok, Chung's uncle is the head of the country's best prospering business.

Oh, do this is where it is going to.

-After long discussions, we've settled that after you two are merried, we are going to train you, provide you with the right education and then when the time comes, you, Minseok, can take over out family business.

Minseok took in a long and rather loud breathe. He looked at Chung but she was looking at her parents. He was damned.

-We have already agreed that the wedding should take place during summer, I know it may sound irragtional, but we are sending you guys to America do you can get your degree there. And as much as we trust you, life is what it is and we want to make sure nothing happens there. So you are going to go there as a merried couple already.- Mrs. Cho finished, a massive smile still playing on her lips. Minseok felt dizzy, the world started spinning.

-Oemeoni*, do we have a say in this?- Chung asked after a moment of silence.

-No, darling.- The woman replied, a smile never leaving her.

♦♦♦

Minseok left the Chos' house panting heavily. I am so ed up. He felt like screaming, crying, shouting, thrwoing things and passing out. He took his phone out and pressed dial. After a few sounds he heard a voice on the other end gretting him with a Hello.

-Jongdae, are you at home?- He asked, his own voice shaking.

-Yes. Hyung, is everything alright?- He heard a concern in the younger's tone and his heart skipped a bit.

-Can I come?- He just continued asking, ignoring the other's question.

-Of course. I'll be waiting.- Having heard that Minseok ended the call and let his legs lead him.

Standing in front of the other's doors he quickly knocked and an even quicker response came. He almost listerally jumped inside and as the younger turned to face him, he just stood there in silence, admiring his features. Minseok's eyes went wet.

-Hyung... Minseok, what happened?- Jongdae ask, taking the older's hands in his and giving them a squeeze.

-They want me to merry her. They're going to make me merry Chung, Jongdae.- He whispered, his voice shaking, a single tear falling down his cheeck.

-Wh... what?- Jongdae gasped, his eyes growing bigger.

-Can you kiss me?- Minseok asked quickly, still remembering his own promise. 

Jongdae didn't have to be told twice. He brought the smaller boy closer to him, wrapping an arm around his waist and pressed his lips against the other's.

♦♦♦

Annyoeng, yorobun!

So, this is the next chapter. I hope it doesn't :)

It is still not edited, so please keep that in mind! I will get through it within the next few days and will correct any mistakes I spot :) I am just so happy I finished it now, almost in the middle of the night, that I just really wanna update already :)

Oh, I'll pray this time it won't be too short!

Comments are highly appreciated :)

Best wishes,

badblood.

 

*Eomeoni - mother in Korean