First sting of jealousy

A little lie never killed nobody

First sting of jealousy

♦♦♦

Jongdae was sitting in his seat in the choir room, looking outside the window and thinking of the events of last night when Minseok asked him to sing for him. He looked towards the centre of the room where Baekhyun was singing and observed the boy. He realized that something has changed in way Baekhyun was singing. It wasn't the first time he was performing a love song but never before had he given it so much emotion. He frowned, his eyes not leaving his friend. "It must be nice," he thought, "being able to let everything out." Sighing, he got back to looking outside the window, focusing on the soccer field. He found a spot that seemed to be Minseok and fixed his eyes on him, smiling a bit. He put a hand on his heart and wondered whether the sudden lightness he felt in his chest when he woke up had anything to do with last night. "Probably," he murmered, thinking of each time his psychologist had told him he needed to open up. He suddenly felt happier than ever that he had Minseok in his life. "But he's still not yours," a voice in the back of his head whispered.

Before he could let the depressing thought consume him he was hit with a paper plane. He shook his head and picked it up, opening it.

"We gotta talk. Baek."

Jongdae frowned again, looking up at Baekhyun, who was sitting now back in his chair, two rows from him. Baekhyun hadn't been talking to him or even looking at him since the make out situation and now he was sending him secret messages and wanted to talk. And then he remembered. Minseok had said he needed to deal with something last night. Maybe that was where he went.

After the lesson had ended, Jongdae stayed in his place, waiting for everyone to leave the room.

Baekhyun was about to approach the boy, as he realized everyone had already left but he saw the teacher approach Jongdae. He didn't mean to listen, but it was impossible in the empty classrom.

-Jongdae,- the teacher started sitting next to the boy.- How are you?

-I'm good, Mrs. Myun, thank you.- he replied but then sighed. - Are we going to talk about what I think?- he asked, his voice quiet.

-Unfortunately, Jongdae. I'm sorry, I know your case and I understand everything, believe me I do, but I can't keep on letting you pass without any practise or credit. Please, understand, it's not fair towards other students.

-That's alright, Mrs. Myun. I understand.- he whispered, eyes fixed on the floor. Baekhyun frowned upon hearing the conversation.

-Please, consider giving a performance, I would love to hear you and I really don't want to fail you, dear.- The teacher said, her voice warm and soft. Jongdae nodded and she left. - Have a nice weekend boys and see you next week.- She bid her goodbye and left the room.

-Jongdae, are you alright?- Baekhyun asked slowly, sitting next to the boy. The latter just sighed again, hiding his face in his hands.- What was that about?

-Nothing...don't bother, really.

-Yah! Stop it! I'm so sick and tired of all of your secrets! Both yours and Minseok's! What the hell?! I thought we were friends!- Baekhyun shouted, feeling hurt.

-Baekhyun, I just really don't want to bother you with my problems...

-But I want you to! Jongdae, that's what friends are for! Am I not your friend?- Baek asked quietly, putting an arm around the other's shoulders.

Jongdae blinked a few times, looking at Baekhyun speechless. -I ... of course you are ... I'm sorry, I just never had many people like that in my life... I always only had one friend... and I just...-He didn't finish as Baekhyun pulled in into a hug.

-But now you have us as well, Jongdae. So come and bother us anytime you want. And now tell me, what is going on!

-No, I don't think so.- Jongdae chuckled and Baekhyun frowned.- You were the one who wanted to talk. So what?

-Oh, nothing. I just wanted to tell you I talked to Minseok and planned on teasing the out of you.- He smirked and wiggled his eyebrows.

Jongdae only rolled his eyes and got up.- Then I guess we're done here.

-You wish!- Baekhyun screamed and pulled him back into his seat. - Spill!

-What?!

-Everything! I wanna know everything! How did you two get together?!

-We're not together, Baek.

-Yeah sure, he said the same. I don't really believe it.

-Baek we're not, he's with Chung.

-Yhy, he's gay. Or wait! Is he bi? Because then, dude, you're ed!

-WHAT?! BAEK SHUT UP! What the hell are you talking about?! And why would I be?!

-Because then you'd have to face not only all the hot guys out there- he said, gesturing towards no one knows what,- but also all the hot girls!

Jongdae opened his mouth to say something but then closed it.- Baek, what's even your point?! We're not together!

-Why?

-Because ... well ... Chung!- He screamed.

Baekhyun just nodded, as if thinking of something.- Do you like hyung?

-I... - he sighed.- I do...

-Tell him. Go and get him! Such a body doesn't happen every day I tell you!

-Wh... What? Baekhyun are you sure you're straight?

But Baekhyun didn't answer, he only shrugged and left the room with a massive smile on his face.

♦♦♦

Jongdae was walking down the corridor towards the gym for his last class of the day when he heard two familiar voices. He slowed down and leant against the wall and listened.

-Minseok, you've promised.- Chung said, her voice pleading.

-But it doesn't make any sense anymore, Chung! I don't wanna keep on doing this!- He raised his voice, throwing his hands in the air.

-Last thing, Minseok. I know we might not be on the same page anymore, but we're still friends aren't we? Before this whole circus we were best friends! Just a few weeks back you'd do anything for me, Minseok! And you know I'd do anything for you! And I still would!

-But that was before, okay! Due to what we have done things have changed, okay! I wanna finally end it!

-Then end it the next day and keep your promise! - She screamed and for a moment they were competely quiet, having a stare contest.- Please, Minseok. Please, just one night. It's just a wedding, it won't kill you. Just pretend to be my boyfriend for one more night!- She pleaded again.

Jongdae took a sharp breathe, a weird feeling growing in his chest. Jealousy. "Say no, please say no," Jongdae kept repeting in his head, not liking the feeling at all but not fighting it as well.

Minseok sighed heavily and run his hand through his hair. -Okay, last time,- he whispered.

Chung started to squeak and jumped to hug Minseok tightly. The boy chuckled and hugged her back, buring his face in her hair.

-I wish we hadn't done that, Chung. I miss my friend.

-But we can still be friends. Just like we used to !

-No, no I don't think so.- He confessed and started to walk, leaving Chung in the middle of the corridor and Jongdae behind the corner.

The younger saw the whole scene, and as Minseok disappeared from his sight, he leant against the cold wall again and slid down to the floor. He brought his knees to his chest and his his face in his hands, the feeling in his heart starting to feel unbearable.

♦♦♦

Minseok was standing in his room, looking in the mirror and fixing his suit. His parents were still at work, but they would be back soon so he had to dress and get ready quickly, not to meet them. That's what he had been doing the last days. Since the day he told his parents the truth, he would wake up early in the morning and leave before they wake up and be back after they had already fallen asleep. It was exhausting and nerve wrecking but that one time he met his father in the evening, he was welcomed with a quick slap across his cheek and accusing look. Sighing, he pushed back the memories of the days his relations with his parents were "normal" and putting his phone into the pocket he left the house.

Walking down the street he felt his phone vibrate in his trausers.

-Hi, Jongdae.- he welcomed the boy and cursed at himself when he heard how weak his voice sounded.

-Minnie? Are you okay?

Minseok smiled at both, the nickname and the warmth of Jongdae's voice. - Yes, just been thinking. How are you?

-I wanted to talk, are you free?

-Not really, I'm on my way to Chung. Is it something important?

But Jongdae didn't reply, staying silent for a few moments.- Can we talk tomorrow?- he answered finally.

-Jongdae? Has something happened?

-No, don't worry, hyung. There's just something I want to discuss.

-Okay, let's meet tomorrow. I have to finish now, Jongdae, see you tomorrow!

-Yeah, see you.- Jongdae said and hunged up.

Minseok frowned but couldn't bother to call back as he was standing outside Chung's house. He took a deep breath, wondering whether her parents already knew. He knocked and the door and it was opened by her mother. She had a bright smile on her face that grew even more when she saw Minseok.

-Minseok!- She exclaimed and hugged him.- It's so good to see you!

"So she doesn't know," Minseok tought, hugging her back.- Hello Mrs. Choi, it's good to see you as well. You look amazing.

-Oh, you're such a flirt, Minseok! Save the complements for Chung, oh, she picked a wonderful dress, and let me tell you a secret, she picked it especially for you.- She whispered the last part, winking.

Minseok just smiled, yet again feeling uncomfortable.- I am sure it'll be beautiful.

Four hours later they were in a big hall, half of the guest already drunk, dancing wildly on the floor, the other half either eating or taking pictures and videos of their drunk relatives.

Minseok was sitting in the corner, torturing the remainings of the wedding cake. He really didn't want to be there. He found it harder then he had thought it would actually be to keep a smile on his face and pretend to be madly in love with Chung, when all he could think about was Jondgae and how he would prefer to be with the younger, than where he was now. None of the comments of the grannies and aunts about how cute will their kids look helped.

-Minseok, are you okay?- He heard a soft voice and felt a pressure on his shoulder. He looked up and saw Chung, smiling softly at him, a glass in her hand.

-Yeah, I'm fine, how are you?-He smiled and came back to abusing the cake.

-I'm really grateful you agreed to come with me, Minseok. Here, drink it. Time will pass sooner.- He laughed, giving him the glass with an orange liquid.

-Chung, you know I don't drink.- Minseok said, pushing the glass away.

-C'mon. One sip won't kill you. Plus, it's not like you're gonna do something stupid, I'm here to keep an eye on you.- She smiled.- You're terriblly stressed and everyone sees that. C'mon! Drink with me.- She said, grabbing another glass from the table.- To your new life, without any more secrets, huh?- She smirked and raised her glass.

Minseok raised a brow and looked at her amused. Laughing, he took the glass she brought and looked her in the eyes.- Cheers!

♦♦♦

Minseok woke up to a horrible headache and a weird and uncomfortable coldness. He groaned turning and laid on his back. Taking deep breaths he slowly opened his eyes but as soon as light hit them he groaned again and shut them close. Another wave of cold air hit his skin and he frowned. Opening his eyes again, he took a few moments to adjust to a bright light and then looked around. "Where the hell am I?" he mumbled, not recognizing the surrounding. He looked down and his eyes grew bigger, heart started beating faster. He didn't wear any shirt. Minseok slowly moved his shaking hand to the sheets and raised them, only to stop breathing. He was . He started to panic, trying to come up with a reasonable explanation but couldn't think of anything. He just didn't remember. And then, he felt a weight on the other side of the bed. Slowly turning his head to the side, horrified at what he might see, his eyes laid on someone's back. He gulped as he recognized the person.

Chung.

♦♦♦

Hello everyone!

Here we are, with another chapter! Ah, it was a pain in the , I actually had many problems with this one.

I'm not yet sure whether I like it, as for now I'm rather negative but I'll let you judge!

It's the 15th chapter and I'd like to thank all of you for reading, subscribing and commenting this story! It means a lot to me!

Please, share your thoughts on this chapter!

Best wishes,

badblood.

 

P.S I started another xiuchen story called "Black Magic" please go and check it out! It's a MAMA/Superpower/Disney related one! :)