Crossed lines

A little lie never killed nobody

Minseok felt like a ghost. As if his soul left his body, his mind disconnected with every nerve. There was only one scene playing on repeat in his mind as he was slowly walking back home- Jongdae, screaming and crying, throwing hurtful words at him. And Minseok knew he deserved them.

"I ing trusted you!," Jongdae screamed at him, pushing him away, "and you go around ing others! I thought we had something Minseok! I ing let you me, you ! And now it turns out you ing impregnated Chung! Were you even planning on telling me you ed her?! Are you ing sure you're gay because you know what! It doesn't ing seem like it! Why the have you done it!," he kept screaming at him over and over again. With time, his screames died out he started sobbing, broken into pieces. Minseok couldn't stand the sight. He tried to approach the boy, explainto him, anything, anyhow, but he couldn't. He himself didn't understand what and how it happened and Jongdae pushing him away didn't help. So he let go. Sighning, he whispered an apology and left the room.

"Maybe it'd be better," he thought, looking up at the front door of his house. "I'd have to di it one way or another. Now, at least he hates me."

Opening the front door, he tried to be as quiet as possible, knowing his parents are home. But he failed to come unnoticed as he saw his mother standing at the bottom of the stairs. He gulped, not daring to look the woman in the eyes.

-Your father wants to see you.- She said, walking past him.- And Minseok, - she added, suddenly stopping next to him.- We already know everything.

♦♦♦

Entering the kitchen, Minseok didn't get a chance to even open his mouth before his father started to speak.

-Sign this.- The man murmured, sending a sheet of paper in Minseok's direction. The boy frowned and looked at the given document.

Marriage documents, he realised and his heart stopped. It couldn't get any worse, he thought to himself as he took the papers.

-I'm not gonna sign it,- he whispered, words escaping his mouth before he got to stop them.

There was silence in the room. Minseok was carefully watching his parents. His mother stood by the counter, breathing deeply and his father was sitting by the table, his shoulders tensed, his hands clenching and unclenching, as he tried not to loose his temper.But failed.

-YOU WILL SIGN THIS STUPID DOCUMENT YOU LITTLE PIECE OF !- He shouted, getting so close to Minseok that the boy hit the wall behind him.

And right then, something in Minseok clicked. Was it everything that happened within the last 24 hours or everything that had happened within the last few weeks, Minseok didn't know and he couldn't care less.

-I AM NOT SIGNING IT!- He screamed back, shaking from anger.

-Listen, here.- he took Minseok by the collar and pulled him up. Minseok heard a small scream leaving his mother's lips but she didn't do anything.- You will sign this documents, you will marry her, and you will not bring shame to our family. - His father hissed.

-No. I will not.- Minseok replied, doing his best not to look away.

-If you don't sign it, you're not my son anymore.

-Then I guess I don't have a father.

As Minseok said it, his father's face became red with anger and he seemed to lose control over himself. He grabbed Minseok tighter and threw him agaist a glass cabinet. 

-Get out of my house! Get out and never come back!- His father shouted, breathing heavily, standing above Minseok, looking at his son's blood coloring the floor.

♦♦♦

-Hallo?- Baekhyun picked up the phone that was madly vibrating under his pillow.- Yeah...yhy... oh, sure... see you.- He finished the call and groaned. Looking at the clock he cursed. It was only 9am on Sunday morning. He should be still asleep. Minseok should've known not to interrupt his beauty sleep. Getting up he quickly threw some pants and t-shirt on and walked to the kitchen. His mother was sitting by the table reading a book and drinking coffee.

-Good morning, Baek. You're already awake?- She greeted him, sending him a wide smile.

-Morning, mama. Yeah, Minseok called, he's gonna be here in a bit.- He mumbled, taking a box of orange juice from the fridge and sitting in front of his mother.

-Minseok? I haven't seen him for a while! How's he doing?

Sighing, Baekhyun took a sip.- Not good, mama.

And before the woman could ask any questions, the door bell rang and the boy quickly ran to open the door.

-Good mor...Oh my god, Minseok!- Baekhyun screamed upon seeing his friend.- Mom! Mom!

When Baekhyun saw his friend all color left his face upon seeing red stains all over his shirt and bruises and cuts on his hands. His mother came running a few seconds later but seemed to be more calm. As a nurse she was more used to such situations.

-Come here, Minseok. Let's clean you up.- She said calmly, smoothly pulling the boy inside.

For the whole time his mother was taking care of Minseok, Baekhyun was standing next to his friend biting his nails. It had been long since he was so nervous. "What the hell happened?!" he was wondering, going back to the previous day and their conversation.

A few moments later, when his mother was done with taking care of Minseok, Baekhyun grabbed his arm and took him to his room. 

-Minseok.. Minseok... Minseok what happened?!- he asked, panicking. It was too early for such actions!

-My father...- the boy whispered and Baekhyun froze.

-Your father did this?! - he asked shocked and Minseok only nodded.

-He made me sign the marriage papers, Baekhyun and when I said no he said I wasn't his son anymore.- He started, and a few tears streamed down his face.- He threw me out, Baekhyun and at the top of that ... Chung is pregnant, Baek, and Jongdae hates me to pieces. I am so tired and so done with it all, Baek, I don't know what to do anymore...

-Wait, wait, wait... oh God... slow down and start from the top. Tell me exactly what happened from the moment you left yesterday!

So Minseok told him everything, how he went to Jongdae, what happened between the two of them, of course omitting details; how Jongdae found the text in the morning and yelled at him and threw him out and what his parents did and how his father treated him. And yet again, he did not mention Yao.

-Baekhyun,- Minseok whispered,- I don't even know how to breathe anymore...

-We'll deal with it, Minseok. I won't left your alone. Let me think... ummm...- Baekhyun started going in circles, trying to come up with any solutions.- I know! Some time ago Sehun mentioned that his friend was looking for a roomate, or something. We gotta call Sehun.

And fifteen minutes later Sehun was sitting on Baekhyun's bed, carefully listening to the story his friends had to tell him. Quickly catching up and feeling the heavy burden of the situation, Sehun grabbed his phone and called his friend.

-Jongin! I need your help. Do you still look for somone who would rent a room? .... Yeah, I actually know someone who would be interested! From when? - He looked at Baekhyun and Minseok and the younger of two immidiately said "now!" and Sehun only nodded - From today. ... Yeah, we'll be there. Thank you, Jongin, it means a lot. ... Yeah, see you.

-And?- Baekhyun asked. Sehun looked at Minseok, who was sitting in a big armchair, coveredarrow-10x10.png with blankets, and smiled widley. 

-We've got a meeting with Jongin today at twelve.

-Thank you, Sehun.- Minseok replied with a small smile, some kind of a weight being taken form his shoulders. Hopefully everything will be alright.

♦♦♦

 At the settled hour the three of them were standing outside quite a big house on the suburbs of Seoul in a really nice and peacefully looking neighborhood. And most importantly, Minseok knew no one would look for him here.

-Jongin! - Sehun greeted his friend as soon as the door in front of them were opened.

-Hey, Sehun- The boy at the door was tall and tanned, with dark hair falling on his sleepy eyes. He was wearing loose, grey trousers and white t-shirt.- Come in. - he smiled and moved aside.

-These are my friends, Baekhyun and Minseok, and this is Jongin, my dancing partner.

-hey, this. -Jongin greeted them and bowed. - So, which one of you is interested in renting the room? - he asked, looking from Minseok to Baekhyun.

-This lad over here. - Baekhyun threw his arm around his hyung, as Minseok still wasn't very talkative.

- If you don't have many other's interested... -Minseok started slowly but Jongin interrupted him.

 -I don't have any actually.

-Well, then I'll take it... If you don't mind. - he whispered.

Jongin raised his brow and looked at Sehun who only nodded and gave Baekhyun a secret look. The shorter one understood immediately and grabbed Minseok's wrist.

-Jongin would you mind if we took a look around? - Baekhyun beamed and after Jongin gave a silent nod Baekhyun pulled Minseok towards the stairs.

-Just don't open the door on the end of the corridor on the left, my boyfriend might be still asleep ! - he shouted after them , but not too loud, hoping they would hear him. When the two were out of sight, Jongin turned to face Sehun and frowned.- Spill. What is going on?

Sehun ran a hand through his hair and sat down on a chair. - Hyung has... a few problems and...

-Sehun, pull your together. Just tell me what is wrong with this guy. If you want me to give him the keys I need to ..

-There's nothing wrong with him, Jongin.- Sehun hissed, his eyes focused on his friend.- Minseok... I don't know how much I can tell you, it's not my place to be doing this, but alright. Minseok's father beat him and threw him out. He... oh gosh, he has so many problems I don't know where to start!

-Sehun... why did his father beat him?- Jongin asked carefully.

-Because... at first he beat him because Minseok confessed to be gay.- Sehun said and looked up to look at the other boy.- The second time, to be mspecific this morning, he did that because Minseok refused to sign marriage papers. Since his parents don't accept him they tried to make him marry a girl he was in a fake relationship with.

-Why was he in a fake relationship?

-Because... well, I myself don't really understand that, but apparently his parents were constantly talking about him getting married and he was afraid they would marry him to anyone, so he and his best friend started fake dating, which was supposed to give Minseok more time to build the courage to tell his parents the truth. Jongin, please.- Sehun took the other's hands in his.- Please help him, me, us, I don't know, please...

-Okay Sehun. If Minseok needs a place to stay, he can feel at home here.- He smiled softly, and his smile widened upon seeing the relief in his friend's eyes.

-Wouldn't Kyungsoo mind, tho?- Sehun asked and wiggled his eyebrows.

-What would I mind?- anothr voice joined the conversation and the boys at the table jumped.

♦♦♦

-Did he say boyfriend? - Minseok whispered as he and Baekhyun were climbing up the stairs.

-I don't know, I think so.- Baekhyun shrugged lightly.- So, hyung. One of the problems is solved. What else do we have there to take care of?

They opened the first door and it turned out to be a small cabinet. They went in and sat down on a sofa to talk.

-If you have a way to magically make the baby disappear and somehow withdrew and erase all my previous mistakes and oh, I almost forgot, make Jongdae forgive me.. then I'm all ears.

-Calm down, hyung, one thing at a time! Aish, this might be hard, but my sixth sense tells me there is a way out.

-Since way do you have a sixth sense, Baekhyun?

-Since forever! - Baekhyun exclaimed.

-It didn't help you in your relationships, though.- Minseok pointed.

-I know.- The younger sighed.- But I think... I think I might have found the right person, now. - he smiled, more to himself than to Minseok, and the older also felt a bit of happiness, watching his friend.

They sat there for some more time in silence, before getting up and coming back down.

♦♦♦

-Sweet.... babe, don't do it anymore!- Jongin begged, putting his hand over his heart as he turned to face his boyfriend.- And you'd better put something on we have ...

-We're back!- Baekhyun whisper-shouted, entering the room with a pale Minseok at his side. The both of them stopped the moment they saw yet another person in the room. - And I guess this is the content of the room at the end of the corridor on the left, isn't it?- He chuckled, checking Kyungsoo out. The said boy only blushed and ran away back to the room.

-Hyung...- Sehun asked, looking at Baekhyun shocked,- have you just checked Kyungsoo out?

But Baekhyun only shrugged, a massive smile on his face.

A few moments later Kyngsoo was back, black shirt on his top and shorts on his bottom.

-He... hello.- He greeted the boys, still obviously embarrased.- I'm Do Kyungsoo.- He introduced himself and bowed.

-I'm Byun Baekhyun and this is Kim Minseok.- Baek introduced both of them and bowed as well, Minseok following suit.

-Byun, how about you actually let hyung talk? From what I remembre he can talk on his own.- Sehun pointed, while everyone took their seats.

-Our Minnie is very fragile now.- Baekhyun said and Minseok took a sharp breath in, everyone's attention focusing on him.- Are you alright hyung?

-What... what did you just call me?- he whispered, his eyes bigger than ever.

-Minnie?

-Please, don't call me that.- Minseok looked down, images of Jongdae flashing through his mind.- And what am I, Byun? A fine china to be fragile? I would speak up if you please just shut up.- He chuckled, tring to lighten up the atmosphere.

-Soooo, Jongin.- Kyungsoo interrupted, feeling a bit left out.- What was I supposed to mind?

-Actually, I found ourself a roomate!- Jongin beamed, pointing at Minsoek.

-Huh? I didn't know there was anyone interested?

-There's lots of things you don't know, Soo. So, are you happy?

-Yeah, sure, that's great. When do you move in?

-Today!- Jongin replied for Minseok and pulled his boyfriend onto his tights and a hug.

♦♦♦

Hello dear readers!

How are you doing? :)

Yup, here we have another chapter! We're heading to the end my dears! I need to finish this within a month and I'm not sure how to do it yet hahaha any ideas?

I was thinking about something, and that is : would you like to do Q&A with the characters of this fic? I have a spare tumblr account on which you could leave any questions you have for the characters. It's just an idea, please let me know what do you think ( I mean both, yes and no answers are welcomed )

What more... hmm... yet again I encourage you to check out my other Xiuchen fic "Black Magic" :) 

Best wishes,

badblood.

p.s sorry for all the mistakes, this stupid chapter took me 4 or 5 days to write if not a week and it's already late. I just really wanted to put it out, please don't be mad. hope it all makes sense here, please enjoy :)