Why is it that bad things always happen to good people?

A little lie never killed nobody

Why is it that bad things always happen to good people?

♦♦♦

It was still dark outside, only slight light, ignored by the sleeping city, was appearing on the horizon.

Minseok was lying at the edge of the bed, his limbs numb, body shivering, chockes dead in his throat and heavy and hot tears streaming down his face onto already wet pillow. His body was covered by a piece of sheet of which most was on the floor. He weakly pulled the sheets up, covering himself from his neck to his toes, not being able to bear the intense glare of the old man who was pulling his own clothes on on the other side of the room. He curled into a ball when suddenly the man started laughing and chuckling and he heard footsteps getting closer. He wanted to run and hide but that was not an option. He was tired. Too tired. Not only physicaly but mostly mentaly.

-Happy birthday, Xiumin,- the man whispered to his ear, his hot breath hitting the boy's sensitive and bruised skin. Minseok felt burning tears gather at the back of his eyes and before he could stop them, they started rolling down his cheeks. He wished he could say anything, but his throat and lips were dry. Dry from screaming, begging and crying.- You may become my favourite,- he smirek, straightening his back,- I'm gonna call Yao today and book you for a few more nights. See you soon, pretty boy.- And with that, he exited the room, leaving broken Minseok in the shadows.

♦♦♦

The dawn had already come when Minseok finally gathered enough strength to get up, take his mask off, put his cloths on and leave that hell. The ride back home might have been one of the worst experiences in his life. He watch few people get on the same bus, cheerful even as for such an early hour, excited for the day. Everyone he saw at the streets seemed to have just woken up from some sweet dream, while he still living in his nightmare.

Not only the memories of the night were flashing and repeating themselves in his mind - the terrible pain on his wrist as he bound with a rope to bed, the stinging sensation on his face, arms, asscheeks and legs as he was bitten and slapped multiple times. His hands involuntarily moved to his neck and shivers ran down his spine as he remember how the man started chocking him to silence him and how hismlungs were on fire. His head still hurt from the way his opressor was pulling on his hair, his back was stratched and bruised. He also couldn't forget the look on Jongdae's face when he saw him. And how Baekhyun tried to stand up for him. Minseok was wondering how had they even found him. And now, he would have to face them. But he didn't want to. He didn't believe he had enough strength for it. All he wanted was to die. Fall asleep and never wake up. He felt used and dirty, as if he was marked. As if everyone could see his wounds and was judging him.

After what felt like forever he finally stood at the door of the house he was currently living in and a wave of fear took over his heart as he realized, after what had happened, he would have to move out. Because he was sure that Jongin and Kyungsoo would somehow find out. He took a deep breath and with a tumbling hand opened the door.

♦♦♦

They had been sitting in the kitchen of Jongin and Kyungsoo's house for god knows how long, the only thing Baekhyun caught was that it was already the beginning of a new day and Minseok was still not back home.

When they got threw out of the club and taken to the other part of the city, Chanyeol came to pick them up and took them to the Minseok's current house. Baekhyun was sure that this is the place they would catch him the quickest. On the road there, Baek called Sehun and to his surprise the younger was already at Jongin's.

-What are you doing there at this time?!- He asked surprised.

-I felt bad and what you said made me think so I came to ask Jongin about hyung and we started talking and all and well... here I am.- He simply answered.- And why are you calling at this hour?

-I... Stay where you are, I'll be there in a minute.- he ordered and ended the call.

When they entered the house everyone was up and waiting in the kitchen. Everyone but Minseok. Baekhyun cursed and ran a hand through his hair.

-Baek what... omg, what happened to Jongdae?!- Sehun exclaimed the moment his eyes landed on the boy. He looked sick, pale, shaking, crying and sweating. Then he realised there was one more person in a room, someone he had never met before.- And how is this?- he asked, pointing at boy behind Jongdae.

-Chanyeol, my boyfriend, but that's not important now,- Baekhyun said in one go, sitting down on a chair.- Everyone, Chanyeol. Chanyeol, everyone. No sit down Sehun I need to tell you something.

-Wha... WHAT?!- Sehun exclaimed, looking from Baekhyun to Chanyeol and back.- Your what?!

-Boyfriend, Sehun, for god's sake, sit your fat down and someone please give this boy a big cup of hot tea or something stronger,- he hissed and pointed at Jongdae, pulling him down to the seat next to his own. Kyungsoo quickly muttered something and ran to the kitchen.- Minseok... he... - Baekhyun tried to find the right words but couldn't. He tried to stay sane and calm and think clear but the amount of emotions and fear was starting to take over him.

-Minseok what?- Jongin asked, looking at Baekhyun and feeling as Sehun tenses at his side.- Baekhyun, what happened?

Baekhyun started breathing unevenly, his mind getting clouded.- He's most probably being right now,- he mumbled quickly, looking Sehun straight in the eyes.

The younger paled and froze, just as everyone around. Everyone but Jongdae. He started shivering even more. Kyungsoo saw the boy's behaviour while entering the room with a cup of tea and quickly setting it on a table he grabbed Jongdae by an elbow and pulled him up, taking him to the bathroom. Jongdae felt like a ghost, he couldn't think or move, his legs and arms felt numb. He didn't even realize he was taken to the bathroom until he felt coldness of the wall against his side as he swayed and hit the tiles. He felt all his insides squeez and roll and he threw himself onto a sink and threw up.

Kuyngsoo took a sharp breath upon seeing that the boy was actually throwing up blood and water, something that happens when one hasn't eaten. He looked the boy up and down quickly and realized how tiny he was. Even though he had not met him earlier, something was telling him that it must have been recently that Jongdae had lost lots of weight. And from what he knew, it was all connected to Minseok's situation.

When the boy livelessly sank to the floor, Kyungsoo quickly knelt next to him.

-Jongdae, Jongdae do you hear me?- he asked, a little panicked, but breathed a sigh of relief when the boy nodded. He got up again and grabbing the first cup he found, he pured water into in and gave it to Jongdae. While the other was weakly sipping on the liquid, Kyungsoo washed the sink.- Come, Jongdae, - he said gently after finishing- we can't sit here forever, the other's will start to worry. We should get back. Can you stand up?

But Jongdae only shook his head, another tear strolling down his cheek,- it's all my fault. If only I let him explain, If only I listened....- he started saying.

Kyungsoo's heart ached from watching the boy in such a misery and knowing there's nothing he can do. 

-Jongdae, listen to me. It's not your fault. Bad things happened to Minseok, but you must not blame yourself.- He whispered, rubbing circled on the other's back. He smiled a bit, feeling the younger relax.

-The man that did that to Minseok pratically lives at my house... sorry I don't think I know your name,- Jongdae suddenly said, looking up at Kyungsoo. He smiled warmly and extened his hand.

-Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo.

-Jongdae. Kim Jongdae.

-We will figure what to do with that later, Jongdae, but now, you cannot break down. You must be strong, okay? For Minseok. - he encourage him, squeezing his arm.

-You're right, Soo.- Jongdae whispered and doing his best to silence all the demons in his head, he slowly got up.

-Soo?- the boy chuckled.

-I am sorry, I love giving people nicknames I guess.

-That's okay. It's just that no one apart from my boyfriend calls me that.- He smiled.

-Boyfriend?

-Jongin. Oh, right, you didn't meet him as well. Come, I'll introduce you. And I made you tea. It's better to drink it hot. Will put your worried at ease for the time being.

-Pulling Minseok into my arms knowing his safe and sound will put my worries at ease,- Jongdae mumbled to himself but Kyungsoo caught that anyone and his hurt squeezed even more.

"Why is it, that bad things always happen to good people?" he thought to himself, closing the foor to the bathrooma and leading the boy back to the table where everyone was.

-Jongdae, are you alright?- Chanyeol asked his friend as soon as he entered the room. The latter nodded and took his seat.

-Jongdae, this is Jongin. Babe, this is Jongdae.- Kyungsoo introduced them both and Jongde only titled his head.

-Soo didn't mention you're so y- Jongdae casually said, taking the sip of the hot beverage. Jongin chocked, and everyone's eyes grew bigger.

-Eeem.. eee... than... thank you?- Jongin replied, not really knowing what to say. Jongdae only shrugged and kept on drinking.- But wait, what? Soo?! What exactly happened in that bathroom.- He asked, narrowing his eyes.

-I don't kiss and tell- Jondgae whispered, a smirk appearing on his lips as he looked Jongin in the eyes.

-Yah!- The younger yelled, getting up.

-Jongin, calm down, nothing happened!- Kyungsoo quickly pushed his boyfriend down back, not realizing what is actually happening, but figured, that it might just his way of dealing with the problems. Masking them with humor.

-Yah! You cannot just go around telling people they're y!- Baekhyun exclaimed.

-Of course I can.- Jongdae chuckled.- I always tell people they're y.

-Well, you've never told me I'm y!- Baekhyun said, outraged.

After a moment of silence, Jongdae spoke again, - Because you're not, Baekhyun.

-Yah! Kim Jongdae! I'm the iest man alive!

-Please, with your ugly crying face you can only pass as a stan of the Phantom of the Opera. I really don't understand what Chanyeol sees in you.- He teased.

-Ugh, you're so dead Jongdae!

-Please, just kiss already and let's get over with it- Sehun said, rolling his eyes at his friends.

-Ugh, blehhh!- They said in the same time, which made everyone laugh.

But the laughers died away the moment they heard the door open. Jongdae got up with a speed of light and ran to the door, Baekhyun and Sehun following suit.

Jongdae's heart sunk to the floor when he saw Minseok at the door. He was pale, beaten and so small. He quickly stretched his arms, wanting to pull the boy in a hug and never let him go, tell him everything will be okay, take care of him and their broken hearts. But that's not what happened. Minseok only moved back, bumbing into a wall, when he saw Jongdae approach him.

-Don't- he whispered, and Jongdae forgot how to breathe. Did he hear correctly? -Please,- Minseok pleaded, tears appearing in his eyes.- Please, don't touch me.

-Minseok...- Jongdae whispered, almost audible. But the boy didn't listen, he only moved foreword, quickly disappearing upstairs. After a moment they heard some door shut and water running.

-Jongin,- Kyungsoo whispered,- Jongin please tell me Minseok did not look so...

-He did,- Chanyeol answered, but instead of the stairs, as everybody else, his eyes were focused on Jongdae and Baekhyun. 

♦♦♦

Minseok was standing under the shower, hot water embrancing his deadly cold body. He wanted to scream, scream his lungs out. He sank down to the ground, tears rolling down his. A few moments passed, or at least that's what he tought, before he heard banging on the door.

-Minseok! Minseok open the door! - He recognised Jongdae's voice and relaxed a bit, but still held his ground.

-Go away!

-Minseok, are you alright? Why were you screaming?! Open the damn door, please!- Jongdae pleaded.

"Scream?" Minseok wondered. He wanted to get up, open the door and ask what he was talking about but he just didn't have the energy to do so. -I can't, Jongdae.- He let out a small cry.

-Why? Minseok, please, let me in!

-I can't Jongdae... everything hurts so bad- he said and his voice broke. He heard a weird sound coming from the door and a moment later they opened, Jongdae stepping inside. He quickly made his way towards the boy by the wall and knelt next to him.

-Minseok...

-You'll be wet, Jondgae.- Minseok said weakly, tugging at the hem of the younger's t-shirt.

-I will kill that bastard... both of them...- he hissed, looking at the older's bruised marks.

-Stop it...don't say that...

-Look what he has done to you... you... you are mine, Minnie, mine... and they've ruined you... 

Jongdae help Minseok clean, none of them saying much.

-I'm sorry, Jongdae. I'm sorry for everything... -Minseok started mumbling when they were standing in the middle of the bathroom.

-Minseok... stop it... stop it Minnie, it's not your fault that abd things happen to you,- Jongdae said and pulled Minseok into a hug.

-Don't... don't touch me... don't touch me Jongdae, I'm dirty...

-I'm not letting you go ever again, Minseok. You're mine and only mine. Nobody else's you hear me. Only mine.- He kept repeating softly into Mineok's hair, holding him tightly. He felt hot tears on his collarbone and a tight grip around his own waist.

-I was so scared, Jongdae.- Minseok confessed, his legs getting weaker again.

Jongdae first started calming him down and then took him to his room. - I'll stay with you, is that okay?- Jongdae asked, sitting on a bed.

-Actually ... can you please ask Baekhyun and Sehun if they could come? I owe them some explanation... - he whispered, still standing in one place.

-And do you not owe one to me?- Jongdae asked, his eyebrow raised. Minseok only looked down and sighed. Jongdae growled lowly but got up and walked out to find his friends. - Minseok wants to talk to you,- he said as he walked into the living room where everyone was. Baekhyun and Sehun quickly got up and ran upstairs.

♦♦♦

-Hyung, you wanted to see us?- Baekhyun asked, closing the door after Sehun.

-Yeah I ... I don't know where to start.- He replied from his place on the bed.

-Maybe from the start? - Sehun suggested and sat next to him.

Minseok took a deep breath and told them the whole story. Everything. Without omitting any details. How he used to work in that place some years ago, about the mistakes he made, and hwo he ed up his life only because he couldn't cope with the pressure his parents and everyone around put on him. He told them about that one kid on a summer camp that actually made him realise he was gay and then pushed him into drowning his fears and worries in an alcohol - which led him to ending up in the Silver Ocean and it was why Minseok didn't drink anymore, how that guy was the reason he never told Baekhyun and Sehun the truth, because he made Minseok be so afraid that their reactio would be similar. And then he told them about Yao, how he cut all ties with that guy and everything started falling in place but then Chung came up with that idea and everything started to fall down again. How Yao found him and made him work for him again.

Baekhyun and Sehun were listening to the whole story with heavy hearts, both mad and disappointed in themselves for never realizing there were so many bad things happening in their best friend's life. While Sehun had only a sad expression, Baekhyun was openly and pretty loudly crying his eyes out, cursing himself.

-But, hyung... I don't understand... What could Yao possible do or have that made you listen to him and go back to that place?- Sehun asked suddenly, all the pieces but this one falling into a place.

-He... -Minseok looked around and took a deep breath.- He is seeing Jongdae's aunt. From what I figured they must be pretty closed. It was after the whole situation with Chung when I met him, leaving their house. He... he said that if I didn't agree to come back he wouldn't hesitate to put his fingers on Jongdae and take advantage of him, since he was almost in their house anyway.- He staretd shaking, just remembering that conversation.

-What a sick bastard!- Baekhyun exclaimed, wrapping his arms around Minseok.- Hyung...I am so so sorry for everything. We should've have noticed something...

-You were the best of friends I could've ever asked for, Baekhyun- Minseok said, his eyelids getting heavier.- I am so sorry that all of this happened... you could've got into a massive trouble yesterday because of me, Baek. You shouldn't have come to that place...

-Are you stupid? I had to know what was going on with you! The only thing you were doing most of our lives was hiding the truth from us! About everything! I don't even know If I know you any more, hyung! And you tell me I shouldn't have come there? the trouble, the danger, I was worried about you, Minseok! I only wish I knew earlier. That you told us earllier, so we could prevent it all from happening... you from being .... like this- he cried again, letting out an ugly yell.

-Can you... please stay... with me for a moment?... I don't want to... be alone... and I can't stay awake any longer- Minseok mumbled as his eyes shut down and his head rested on Baekhyun's arm. 

♦♦♦

The moment the boys were sure Minseok was asleep they made they way out of the room and back downstairs. They heard a quiet conversation between Jongdae and Chanyeol, so they stopped at the door and listened.

-I told you long time ago to leave him and forget about him- Chanyeol said, sounding pissed.

-And I told you to shut up.- Jongdae hissed.

-Just look at him, Jongdae. And look at you! He turned you into a wreck you were all these years ago! I won't let him ruin you even more!

-Do you even hear what you're saying, Chanyeol?! It's not like he had a choice! He was ing !- Jongdae hissed again in a lower tone, slamming his hands against the table.

-He got what he deserved, Jongdae.- Chanyeol replied and Baekhyun's eyes widened. He couldn't believe his boyfriend had really just said that about his best friend.

-Excuse me, but what exactly is that supposed to me?- He asked, entering the room with an angry Sehun behind him. Chanyeol swallowed but stood his ground.

-That maybe last night was not his choice, but what are the odds he was made to go there? He was probably doing it willingly, or even more, I tell you he was doing it willingly and enjoyed it very much!

-Stop saying such things!- Baekhyun yelled and even Jongdae got scared of this side of the small boy.- You know nothing, Chanyeol. Nothing!

-Don't I?! Well, then let me tell you that I actually went to that club and I saw your precious friend on that stage and oh believe me, he loved ever second of that! I will not let some ruin my best friend!- The moment the words left his mouth he was pinned against the wall with a fumming Baekhyun's fists on his t-shirt.

-If it wasn't for Minseok, it would be Jongdae now lying broken, bruised and , if not even dead, somewhere on a cold floor, you er!- he screamed, tears appearing at the corners of his eyes. He didn't wanna cry, but he couldn't believe the person he fell in love with could be so cruel and quick to judge one of the most important people in his life.

-What do you mean?- Jongin asked, walking in from the kitchen, before anyone else could.

-He did it for Jongdae- Sehun said, his cold eyes never leaving Chanyeol.- Yao told him that it would be either him or Jongdae. He threatened that if Minseok didn't come back to work for him he would simply use Jongdae, since he's always in his house anyway. He openly threaten to you, Jongdae.- He repated, now looking at the other.- Minseok got back to that place to save you.

♦♦♦

When Minseok opened his eyes, his head hurt from the nightmare he had and his forehead was covered in a few drops of sweat. He was lying on his back looking at the ceiling. 

-Are you already up?- He heard a voice and cringed but the relaxed again as he realised it was Jongdae. And he looked terrible.

-What are you doing here? You look terrible. You should go home and go to sleep, Jongdae. 

-I wanted to wait until you wake up. Didn't want to leave you alone.- The younger smiled weakly from exhaustion.- I know what you did.- He said.

-What do you mean?

-Baekhyun told me. I don't know if I should kill you or kiss you. -He sighed, getting closer to the bed.

Minseok hesitated but then slowly reached for Jongdae's hands and intertwined tehir fingers, pulling the boy onto the best next to him. He wrapped his hands around the younger's waist, pulling him closer.

-I love you, Jongdae.- He whispered into is ear.- I love you and I would do anything for you. Especially when it comes to protecting you. If I had to, I would do it again and again. I would do anything to keep you safe from such a harm.- He confessed.- Go to sleep.- He said softly, the other's hair.

-I love you, Minseok.- Jongdae replied after a moment.- Promise me, you will not go back there. And you won't keep anything from me, ever again.

-Promise.

♦♦♦

Hello!

How are you all? Wow finally another chapter hahaha sorry it took so long!

BUT I HAVE NEWS!

1

2

3

THERE IS ONLY ONE CHAPTER LEFT THAT WILL BE UP BEFORE THE NEXT WEDNESDAY!

THIS STORY IS GETTING TO AN END! whoop whoop, how do you feel about that?

Comment, subscribe and upvote if only you feel like doing this.

Please share your thoughts on this chapter and whole story, please I love reading what you leave in the comments hahah

Until the next time!

Best wishes,

badblood.