Finally

A little lie never killed nobody

A few days passed and Minseok never returned to the Silver Ocean again. He was constantly rejecting Yao's calls and was making sure to keep Jongdae close to him. The less time Jongdae spent at home the calmer Minseok felt. In his current situation the younger's safety was the most important thing to him.

But Jongdae did not like it. Of course, he loved spending time with Minseok and the few days they got just to themselves made Jongdae realise how hard he fell for the older, but not being able to go back home because his love's abuser was there made him feel like a coward. Minseok didn't wanna hear about telling anyone about it, he explained to Jongdae that in such a business, not many would do much. There was once a case that one of the workers tried to sue Yao but everything died out as it turned out people just like Yao have connections everywhere. It seemed almost impossible to take the man down.

-So what? Are you gonna hide now? For the rest of your life? Or what?! Leave the country?!- Jongdae once asked, not being able to take it anymore.

-Hmm... exactly. And if that is necessary, I will leave the country.- Minseok simply replied, washing the dishes.

-Are you crazy?!

-No, I'm not, I just care about my life enough not to put it in too much danger.

Jongdae spent days and nights trying to figure out what to do but nothing but one idea always appeared in his mind - telling Seul. It took a lot of him to persuade Minseok to agree to tell Seul the truth, because as Minseok put it, she was the last person he would like to share such a thing with, considering she was Jongdae's aunt, but when the younger made him realize her life can be in danger as well - being always around the man - Minseok finally agreed to tell her the truth to warn her.

 ♦♦♦

They were sitting by the kitchen table at Jongdae's house, hot tea in front of them, as Seul was happily singing a song from a radio, preparing some food. Little did she know none of the boys shared her great mood.

-Seul,- Jongdae started,- can you please sit down we need to talk... it's important.

-Oh?

She sat down and looked at the boys.

-You need to leave Yao.- Jongdae said trying to look at Seul.

-I'm sorry? Why is that? I thought you liked him.- She asked surprised.

-I did but... things changed...- he mumbled and looked at Minseok.

-I was a few days back, Seul.- Minseok whispered with his head low and hands shaking.

-YOU WHAT?!- The woman scream getting up.- By who?! - She knelt by the boy, resting her hand on his knee.

-By... some old man... but the thing is... it was Yao who sold me to him...- he confessed and broke down.

-I... I don't understand... - she mumbled, hugging Minseok and looking at Jongdae.

So the boys told the story again. Seul was sitting there patently, listening carefuly. When the boys finished, she smiled a bit.

-Thank you- she said.- Thank you for telling me this. Do you think, Minseok, that you would be able to tell it all again on the police station while I'll be making a report?

The boys frowned, confused.

-What?- they both asked at the same time.

-You have just helped me solve a case I've been on for a few years.- She explained, taking something out of her jacket's pocket. It was a golden pin.

Seoul's Police

Hongdae

Unsolved cases department

Kim Seul

-You... you are a cop?!- Jongdae exclaimed.

-Yes. We've been on Yao's case for a long time but it seemed impossible to find anything on him. He knows how to clean his mess and he has friends in the right places. But with what you've just told me Minseok, we'll be able to finally put him in jail. And the man that hurt you, as well. Will you do it? Will you help us?

Minseok was quiet for a few moments, trying to process all the information. Finally, he slowly nodded, wishing for nothing but this nightmare to finally end.

♦♦♦

 -I am really proud of you, Minnie - Jongdae whispered into his ear the next evening as they were sitting in the older's room cuddling and watching a movie.

-I am not... But I am glad it's all over now- he sighed, wrapping his arms tighter around the younger.

-Everything will be alright now, Minnie, you'll see. You'll start college next year...

-About that...- Minseok interrupted him and swallowed- I am not going to college next year.

-what?! Why?! What happened?! 

-I need a moment to catch a breath and think.... Plus I didn't score enough points on the last exams... Yao keeping me in the club almost 24/7 wasn't the best influence on my presence on the exams that week. But that's good. I need to find myself... I cannot be doing what my parents want me to all the time. They don't even care about me anymore ...

-but I do,Minnie, more than anyone else - Jongdae said and kissed him, trying to express with that act everything that couldn't be expressed with words.- I love you, - he whispered in between kissed, not quite realizing it.

Minseok froze and when Jongdae felt that, that was when the realization hit him. He backed off, sitting in front of the boy. There was a few moments of awkward silence before Jongdae spoke again.

- I Love You, - he repeated, wanting to sound confident, but it only came as  whisper.

-I love you, too - Minseok replied, hardly audible, and took Jongdae's hand into his.- More than you can imagine.

♦♦♦

Since that day everything was only getting better. Jongdae once again started his teraphy, going only on check-up sessions every two weeks. He quickly gained the weight he lost, all thanks to a watchful eye and magical cooking skills of Kyungsoo. Minseok started spending more time on a soccer field, considering a career in sports. It was his coach who helped him make a decision and while leaving the school a few weeks later, Minseok breathed in a warm May air and a massive smile appeared on his face.

-Yah, and why are you so happy? - Baekhyun asked, joining him.

-Because I'm happy, - Minseok chuckled and shrugged. - I think, with a bit of luck, I might end up with a scholarship.

-That's amazing, Minseok! I am so happy that things are going so well for you! -Baekhyun exclaimed and hugged him.

-And what about you? You and Chanyeol?

-oh... Well, we're taking a break...

-I am so sorry Baekhyun if it wasn't for me...

-it's not your fault! He ed up not you. Now let's go or we'll be late - he grabbed the older by an elbow and they rushed towards Cafe Love.

Upon arriving they saw a small group of people sitting in what now was their usual spot. Minseok smiled when his eyes landed on Jongdae, laughing loudly at something.

-Hey, lover boy, let's go you're boy is waiting - Baekhyun teased.

Minseok chuckled but instead of moving he only put his bag down and gave it to his friend - Can you please take it for me, I'll be right back, I need to talk to Yixing. - and he left, heading towards the Chinese boy behind the counter. He smiled and was as always greeted with a dimples in his new friend's cheeks. - Hello, Yixing! How are you?

-Good, thank you. How are you?

-good, really good thank you. Are you busy? I wanted to talk to you for a moment.

The Chinese boy nodded and walked from behind the counter and they took a spot by a nearby table. 

-What happened?

-I wanted to ask if you don't need anyone to work.

-Hmm... Actually, we might need someone, but that someone is a barista. Do you know anything about coffee?

Minseok smiled - Actually, I do. A few years ago I did the barista course.

-Really?! - Yixing asked surprised- that's amazing! I will talk to my boss, and I'll let you know as soon as possible !

-Thank you, Yixing! You've no idea how much it means to me! - Minseok exclaimed getting up and hugged the other boy.

♦♦♦

-What happened? - Jongdae asked the moment Minseok sat down next to him.

The older took his hand in his and smiled, leaning back. - Ahhhh, finally, everything is going the right way - he sighed.

-What do you mean?

-Remember when I told you I might not be going to college this year?

-Yes,- Jongdae nodded, a bit confused.

- I was talking to my coach today. He sent a scholarship application for me some time ago. If I do well in the match, I will get it. - he smiled and everyone looked at him.

-Hyung it's so awesome! Omg!- Sehun cheered, overjoyed.

-Why didn't you tell me earlier! should've been the first one to know!- Baekhyun yelled, grinning like a maniac.

Suddenly, Minseok found it hard to breathe under a mass of bodies that started hugging him at once.

-But guys, I don't have it yet! - he shouted.

-Oh, hyung, we all know you're gonna get it! - Jongin laughed and with him everyone else.

Even tho unable to breathe, Minseok found himself laughing along with his friends. He felt happy. 

Finally.

♦♦♦

Hello everyone!

Here we are, the last chapter!

Thank you everyone who was reading, commenting and supporting this story!

I hope I did not let you down with the ending but I can tell you a secret!

This is not the last update!

I will be back with something special!

The reason I decided to end this story with this chapter is simple : it is really hard to write here in America, and this story was getting to an end anyway so I didn't want to put it on hiatus, as I did with my other story {please go check Black Magic} 

But there is still something I wanna write in here so you might wanna expect a bonus to this story :) (if life allows me maybe even more than one)

If there is anything you would like to be included in extras, anything you don't understand and any part of the plot you would like to k is more about, please makes requests in the comment!

 

A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO MY AMAZING HANNA !

YOU ARE AMAZING THANK YOU SUPPORTING THIS AND BLACK MAGIC AND PUTTING UP WITH MY WEIRD IDEAS :)

Once again, thank you to anyone who was reading and supporting this, you are the best!

See you in the future!