Unexpected

A little lie never killed nobody

Unexpected

♦♦♦

-Sehun, I’m worried,- Baekhyun said, looking up from his lunch.

-Huh?- the boy looked up at his friend confused. -What about?

-Minseok, you idiot!,- He raised his voice a little, disappointed in his younger friend. Sehun only nodded, letting out a small sigh. -It’s been a week and a half, Sehun. Minseok has never left school, and now he’s missed his exams last week! Has he spoken to you?

-No hyung. I haven’t talked to him since … Friday two weeks ago? I think something like that,-he confessed.

-And you’re not worried at all?!,- Baekhyun yelled, earning them a few glances. -Goog job, friend. I gotta go talk to Jongdae, maybe he’s heard from him.-He got up and stormed out of the dining hall. Sehun sighed again and sank down in his seat.

♦♦♦

But Jongdae didn’t hear from Minseok and he pretty much decided to keep on ignoring Baekhyun. As soon as he gave the answer the boy turned around and walked in a different direction. Baekhyun let out a loud groan running a hand through his hair and wondering when and why exactly had everything gone down.

A few hours later he was sitting by the table, opposite his mother, only pushing his food from side to side.

-Baekhyun, baby, is something wrong?- the woman asked softly, putting her chopsticks down.

-There is mama, but I don’t want to bother you. You’ve got enough problems at work,- he smiled warmly, looking at her.

-Baby, don’t worry about that. I am your mother after all, you know you can tell me anything,- she sent him her perfect smile and urged to speak. Baekhyun suddenly became nervous. Minseok’s problems aside, he still hadn’t told his mother he was seeing someone. A guy. He looked up at her, smiling so widely, and thought about Minseok’s parents’ reaction. He didn’t want to ruin her happiness. Would she react the same way? And the thought of loosing her hurt him so bad that he felt tears gather in his eyes. The woman frowned and moved closer to him. -Baekhyun, what is going on? Why are you crying?,- she asked, worry audible in her voice..

-Nothing, it’s just… I think it’s time I told you something and I am really scared you’ll be mad,- he whispered, not looking at her.

-Come on, Baekhyun. Speak up, what have you done this time?,- she chuckled, trying to lighten up the mood.

-I am seeing someone, mama,- he whispered, looking down at his hands.

-That’s amazing, Baekhyun! I just hope it’s not…,- she started, all happily, but Baekhyun interrupted her.

-A guy,-he blurred out, his voice hardly above whisper. He stole a glance at her from the corner of his eye and quickly looked back at his hands.

-A… guy?,- she repeated, dumbfolded. Baekhyun only nodded slightly, his chest getting increadibly heavy. He started taking deep breaths to calm down. -I… I didn’t know you were gay, Baek,- she finally said.

-I’m not,- he shook his head, looking up at her, -I think I’m bi, actually,- he whispered so quietly that the woman hardly heard it.

She smiled softly and took his son’s hand in hers- Are you happy, Baekhyun?

-Ha…happy?,- Baekhyun asked confused.- Aren’t… aren’t you mad?

She laughted quietly, pulling him into a warm hug- Why would I be, Baekhyun? You’re my baby. If you’re happy, I’ll be too. No matter who makes you happy.- She said, and the boy felt a few tears roll down his face.

-Thank you, mama. Thank you,- he mumbled against her thick hair.

-So, who is it?- she asked excitedly, sitting back in her seat.

-He’s name’s Chanyeol. He goes to the Art Academy.- Baekhyun answered, smiling widely only thinking of the boy.

-Does he make you happy?

-He does, mama.- Baekhyun answered dreamlyarrow-10x10.png.

-Invite him for dinner, Baek. I want to meet him.- She suggested, smiling widely.

-Really, mama?- He almost screamed from excitement.

The woman nodded, her smile from ear to ear, as she was observing her son.- Baekhyun? – She started after a moment. When Baekhyun looked up at her, she continued,- was that what you were so afraid of telling me?

Baekhyun sighed and nodded.- I just thought about Minseok and I was afraid… I was afraid I might lose you.

-Minseok?- She asked surprised,- What do you mean?

-Everything is a mess, mama,- Baekhyun said, buring his face in his hands.

He told his mother the whole story.

-And when everything was supposed to finally okay, firstly he in some magical way ends up with Chung in bed and the next day she tells him she’s pregnant. And he had to move out, I mean his father threw him out and now he’s gone, mama. I am so worried!- He cried, almost ripping his hair out of his head.

His mother was quiet for a moment, as if deep in thoughts.- I am really proud of you, - she spoke finally and Baekhyun looked surprised. –The way you constantly tried to help him and was there for him whenever he let you. You’re a good friend.- She smiled and Baekhyun did the same.

-Thank you…

-But,- she added, and he frowned.- Bekhyun. Chung isn’t pregnant.- She said and Baekhyun’s chopsticks fell to the floor.

-How… how do you know?- he asked, shocked.

-It takes at least three days for any pregnancy test to show correct results. If they slep with each other on Friday and she texted in on Saturday… either she was lying or it’s not Minseok’s baby.

As soon as she said it Baekhyun got and stormed out of the room- I’ll be back later mama!- he shouted and ran out of the house.

There was no force that could have possible stopped him then as he was running faster than the wind to Jongdae’s house. The moment he stopped in front of his door he wouldn’t stop knocking. He knew it wasn’t polite but he was too excited. When the door opened he saw a pretty woman standing in front of him.

-Good afternoon, sorry to bother but I really need to speak to… JONGDAE!- He started, bowing but lost his control as he saw the boy in the background.

-Baekhyun? What ar…- but he didn’t finish because Baekhyun only grabbed him by the wrist and started pulling outside.- STOP IT! What are you doing?!- Jongdae panicked.

-I’ll tell you on the way, we gotta hurry, Jongdae!

-What? No! Wait! I need to shoes! Where do you..

-Shut up, oh god!- Bakehyun groan, earning a glare from the woman at the door.- It’s really important Jongdae, believe me. Please put on any shoes and come with me. I beg you!- He knelt down and Jongdae felt very uncomfortable.

-Give me a second,- he mumbled and got back inside.- What is it all about anyway?

-Minseok,- Baekhyun said and Jongdae froze. The woman looked at him and raised a brow.

-Has… has something happened?- He whispered, remembering how Baekhyun had asked him about the boy at school that day.

-What? No, I don’t know I still haven’t heard from him, but that’s not it, come on Jongdae!- Baekhyun started whining.

-I don’t want to.- Jongdae said, staying inside.

-Oh, trust me, you do want to.- Baekhyun said, and something in his voice and eyes made Jongdae rethink his decision.

♦♦♦

Fourty five minutes later they were standing outside a beautiful house in Seoul’s most luxurious districts.

-Baek, where are we and how does it have anything to do with Minseok?- Jongdae asked, looking around.- And why the hell did you stop by a drug store, is someone sick?

-You ask too many questions, wait a few more minutes and you’ll see.- Baek said, suddenly very serious and a bit angry.

When the door opened Jongdae went pale and his breath caught in his lungs.

-Chung?!

-Baekhyun?- Jongdae and the girl asked at the same time, looking at Baekhyun. If it wasn;t for how serious the situation was, Baekhyun would burst out laughing. Their expressions where probably the best he had ever seen. Jongdae looked like he was about to vomit, curse, beat the out of both of them and then pass out, while Chung looked hilariously scared.

-Hello, noona,- he greeted, his voice stern and low.- May we come in? I think we have some talk to do.- He said and the girl gulped.

-Who’s this?- He girl asked as they were seated in the living room.

-Oh, forgive me. Chung, this is Jongdae, I bet you have seen him around, he’s Minseok’s crush,- Baekhyun smirked.

Chung stopped dead in her tracks on the way to the kitchen and it looked as if she stopped breathing. Jongdae was only looking confused between the two, not understanding any of what was happening. But he knew he somehow really wanted to punch Chung and he was afraid actually doing it at some point. The girl turned around, her suddenly really dark eyes landing on Jongdae.

-And what is he doing here?- She hissed, throwing daggers at him.

-Oh, I just need a witness,- Baekhyun explained, smiling awfully cutely.

-A witness?- Chung repeated, as if she didn’t understand.

-Yeah. Someone who would testify that I tried really hard NOT TO KILL YOU, YOU ING !- Baekhyun shouted the last part at the top of his lungs and both, Jongdae and Chung were scared, surprised and confused.

-Baekhyun, what…?- Jongdae started, standing up and next ot the boy but Baekhyun shushed him.

-Do you want to hear a funny story, Jongdae?- Baekhyun asked, his eyes never leaving Chung. –No need to answer I’ll tell you anyway, since Chung needs to hear it as well. – He smirked, his eyes getting darker.- There was once a brat that was so thirsty for her gay best friend that she decided to him and then did told him she was pregnant.- He told them, Jongdae’s eyes quickly going towards Chung, as he was listening to Baekhyun.- But unfortunately, she was stupid and got caught, and now apart from being a brat she’s also a lying .-He finished.

-Baekhyun, what the hell are you…?- Chung started nervously, but Baekhyun didn’t let her finish.

-I know, Chung. I know everything. I know you’re not pregnant.- Baekhyun said in a low voice, and when Jongdae heard the last sentence his heart hit against his bones.

-What?!- A soft question left his lips before he could hold it back.

-That’s right, Jongdae. Chung is not pregnant.- He repeated confidently.

-That’s… that’s ridiculus, Baekhyun.- Chung laughed awkwardly.

-Is it? Then how about you prove me wrong and take a test again?- He suggested, pulling a pregnancy test from his pocket.

-That’s why he went to a drug store,- Jongdae thought, overwhelmed with everything that was going on.

-I… I…,- she stuttered and Jongdae frowned.-Ugh, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS, BAEKHYUN ?!- She shouted, throwing her hands in the air, irritated.

-Because two can play this game, noona.- he replied calmly, a triumphant smile on his face.- Who plays with fire, gets burnt by it.

-I’m not sure if that’s the saying, Baekhyun.- Jongdae mumbled but Baekhyun only sent him a death glare.- Nevermind…Anyways,- he straighten his back and looked at Chung,- If you’re not pregnant… why would you do that? Why would you tell him that?

Chung glared at him, debating whether to answer or not, but Baekhyun was faster.

-You love him, don’t you?

-What?!- Jongdae asked again, way too confused by this point.- But… he… she…- he tried to understand.

-You’re so stupid, what does he even see in you?- Chung hissed, looking at Jongdae, who only clenched his fists.

-Things between his legs that he’ll never see in you,- Baekhyun answered quickly.- But, let’s continue. I get you’re in love with him but… don’t you think it’s a bit extreme?

Chung only sighed, obviously more into talking to Baekhyun than Jongdae.

-We already know enough, Chung, no need to hide anything else.- Baekhyun shrugged.

-I… His mother promised me that If I agree on marrying him they would send me to study abroad, pay for it and additionally provide me with financial aid…

-You did that for money, you ?!- Jongdae spat before he could hold it back.

-DON’T YOU DARE CALL ME THAT YOU WANKER!- She yelled getting back.

-YOU ING …

-STOP IT!- Baekhyun screamed, standing between the two.- We have issues that need to be settled, and screaming and cursing will not help, got it Jongdae?- He glared at him. The boy gulped and nodded.

-It’s not like I’m the only one getting benefits from that angreement, - she added more calmly, still sending daggers Jongdae’s way. The boy only rolled his eyes.

-Agreement? What Minseok even informed about it?- He blew a raspberry.

-He didn’t need to know. Everything was going quite alright… but then you ing came and ruined everything!- She shouted, pointing at Jongdae.- He was supposed to be given the place as a head of one of the biggest companies in Asia! He had a future ahead of him! I could’ve given him everything! And what can you give him? A veneral disease!

Baekhyun had to wrap his hands around Jongdae and hug him tightly to prevent the other from jumping on Chung and hurting her.

-I have only one more question, Chung.- Baekhyun said.- Did you two… did you add anything to his drink that night?- He asked and Jongdae heard fear in his voice. None of them wanted to hear that Minseok might have been by his best friend.

-I did.- She admitted, looking down.- I got something from his mother, I’m not even sure what that was.- The boys took in sharp breaths, looking at each other terrified.- Nothing happened, Baekhyun.- She said at last.- I know I ed up, but I am not a terrible person.- She cried silently.- I only took his clothes off when he was unconscious, hoping that he would think we had and the whole pregnancy thing would be believable.

-You’re sick,- Jongdae whispered, looking down at the girl.

-I only wanted him to love me! He deserves better then you! I should be his crush, he should be in love with me!- She got up from her chair, screaming into Jongdae’s face.- And you know what? If I had to, I would to that again, but this time, according to the plan!- She whispered, only inches away from Jongdae.

Upon hearing this, the boy lost it. He pushed her against the wall and put his hands on both sides of her head.

-Jongdae!- Baekhyun yelped, but didn’t do anything.

-Don’t you ever, ever, dare coming near him again, you hear me? Don’t contact him, don’t look at him, don’t even think about him. If you do, I will make sure to tell him every single piece of information you’ve just told us. About the agreement you had with his mother, about how ed up you all are, and how you were ready to ing your best friend. If you really care for him the way you say you do, I bet you wouldn’t want him to know all these things.- He said in a low voice, looking her dead straight in the eyes.- Understood?

She shook her head, and Jongdae turned around, storiming out, never sparing another flance at her.

-Wow, that was hot,- Baekhyun joked and he joined Jongdae on a pavement.

-I can’t believe they all did that to him, - Jongdae whispered.- What kind of a mother sells her son like that?

-What kind of a father beats his son to such a state and throws him out?- Baekhyun joined, his mood down again.

They were walking in silence, until Jongdae decided to speak up again.

-Thank you.

-What for?- Baekhyun asked curious.

-For bringing me here. For somehow finding out the truth. For actually trying to put this back togethere.

-That’s what friends are for, Jongdae. I told you. You know I’ve got your back. Both of you.- He said, throwing an arm around the other.

-We need to find Minseok, right? He needs to know.

-Why don’t you call him,?- Baekhyun suggested.- He doesn’t answer mine or Sehun’s calls. When he sees yours…

Jongdae quickly fished his phone out and dialed the older. He tried a few more times but to no avail.

-Bakehyun, I’m really worried.

-Me too, Jongdae.

♦♦♦

When Jongdae got back home, he felt terribly tired. He took his shoes off and slowly moving to the kitchen all he wished for was a cup of hot tea. He heard some muffled noises coming from the living room, but he ignored it. He was used to Yao’s presence already. He poured the beverage to his favorite cup and was about to go to his room when he heard something that caught his attention. He stopped dead in his track, some of the tea falling to the floor.

-Listen, you little piece of !,- he half whispered half yelled,- You are gonna be there tonight, even if you were to black out in the middle of the show. I don’t care that you’re tired, Minseok! I’d better see you at work at eleven, or I swear!- He ended up the hall and Jongdae heard him sigh then falling on a sofa.

His heart was pounding like crazy, blood rushing in his veins.

-Minseok?- he whispered to himself, quickly running to his room and locking himself up. He placed the cup on a desk and grabed his phone. With shaking hands he searched for Baekhyun’s number and called him.

-Baek? Be at my place in 10 minutes. I might know how to get to Minseok.

♦♦♦

Hello, hello!

What's up guys? Sitll into the story?

You know what? I am finally getting to an end with all those crazy stuff!

Yeah, that means that the story is somewhere near the end :) 

Please, comment, upvote and subscribe! I mean it, I really wanna know what you all think of the chapters and current situation!

Best wishes and lots of love for all of ya that are still reading it,

badblood.