First call

A little lie never killed nobody

First call

♦♦♦

Minseok was standing near a window, looking outside. It was a break time, halls were filled with students and noise. Consumed by thoughts, it wasn't until he was roughtly pulled by the shoulder when he realised someone was actually talking to him. Facing the other person he was met with Chung's dark expression.

-I was to start looking for you.- He said,  lowering his gaze.

-Have you finall made up your mind? - She asked, rather angrily.- Listen, boy.- She poked him in a chest.- I am sorry that I can't give you want you want, alright. I am sorry, I am no twho you want me to be. But I try my best, alright? I want to be the best I can for you! - She raised her voice, earning them a few glares.- All I want is to be good... Good enough for you!

Minseok's heart broke a bit, seeing his friend in such a state. And he knew it was all his fault. Now or never Minseok, he thought. He grabbed her by her hand and pull her closer, putting his lips on hers. It was just a moment, but he hoped it was enough for her. When he pulled away, he looked down on her in anticipation. A great shock was painted on her face, a slight shade a pink on her cheeks. When she opened her eyes, they were big, bigger than he had probably ever seen them.

-You're perfect just the way you are, Chung. And I am sorry. I will appreciate what you're doing more. I will try better. - He promised, leaving a soft kiss on her forehead.

He heard a few squeaks around them and after slightly raising his eyes he saw Chung's friends gathered a few feets away from them. He chuckled and put an arm around his friend/girlfriend. 

-So, girlfriend, are we alright?

-Yes, yes we are. - Putting and arm around his waist, she smiled brightly at him.

-Has someone just said goodbye to the troubles? Are we back on a paradise island? - They heard Baekhyun's voice and saw him and Sehun approaching them.

-You could say that.- Chung answered, putting her best smile on display. Before she managed to say anything else, she was pulled away by her friends. With a quick "Can we borrow her?" from one of the girls, they were all gone and the boy were left alone. 

-Wow, that was quick.- Sehun chuckled. - And I actually started wondering whether the two of you are really together.- She laughed, at which Minseok went pale a bit.

-Baekhyun!- He decided to quickly change the subject. -Could you please give me Jongdae's phone number? You have it, haven't you?

-Jongdae's?- The younger asked.- Yeah, but why don't you...- He started turning around and then cut. Furrowing he looked concerned.- He was right behind us.- He muttered.- Weird. Why do you need it all of the sudden, anyway?

-Oh, we're doing a project together for the World's History classes and we didn't get to talk anything through after Friday's classes. And I haven't seen him all day today and in case I don't see him before we end classes, I wanna have his number so I have any way to contact him.- He laughed, hoping it didn't sound too nervous.

-Yeah, sure. Here, hyung.- He passed his phone to the older and Minseok quickly saved the number in his phone.

♦♦♦

The scene of Minseok kissing Chung played in Jongdae's mind on repeat and he couldn't get it out of him head. You're so stupid, Jongdae, he thought, Stop thinking of him, stop wanting him, be real. Stop! Stop! Stop! He started hitting his head against his locker, earning quite a few looks. You are so pathetic. He closed his eyes, resting his forehead on cold surface of the locker. Once again, he thought of all the looks he spared on him, all the thought he wasted on him, all the nights he dreamt about the boy. About that boy. About the one he wanted to touch so badly it hurt, and the one he would never have. An image of him kissing a girl burnt his mind, his heart. I lost the game I was never meant to win. With a deep sigh he picked his bag up and felt his phone vibrate. An unknown number.

-Hello?

-Jongdae?- This voice. Jongdae stopped dead in his tracks.-It's Minseok, em, Kim Minseok.- He continued and Jongdae wanted this moment to last forever.- Are you there?- Minseok asked in an unsure voice.

-What?Yes, yes. Ehm, where did you get my number?- Points for you, Jongdae, you idiot, he scolded himself.

-Oh, I took it from Baekhyun, I hope you don't mind.

-No, of course not.

-Great.- He sounded cheerful.- I've been looking for you the whole day but cannot seem to find you!

Jongdae couldn't believe what he just heard. Don't you hate me, Minseok? He asked himself.

-Oh, really?- He tried his best not to freak out and keep it cool.- Why is that?

-I wanted to apologise for not staying after classes on Friday. We need to discuss the project matters. I hope you are willing to work with me as much as I am with you.

Jongdae felt as if he was going to faint. This can not be happening, am I dreaming? I must be imagining things.

-Oh, yes, right, and of course...

-That's great, thank you.- A great relieve was heard in his voice.- How about we go out for a coffee in the afternoon and discuss some basic matters at the beginning? Are you free today?

The whole world stopped, blood started rushing through his system like a speeding car, his heart was beating as if it was to break his chest.

-Ye..Yes.- Jongdae cursed himself for stuttering. - I mean, yeah, seems like a good idea.

-I have a soccer practise after classes, is 5 pm fine by you? - At this point Jongdae wished the call would just end. It was too much for him.

-Perfectly.- He whispered.

-Great.- He imagined the boy on the other end smiling. He wished he had been smiling.- I will text you the adress of the cafe. See you later, then.

-Yeah...See you.- He replied, but believed it was lost in the sound of an ended call.

♦♦♦

It was a hard day for Jongdae. He couldn't focus on anything, trying to wrap his head around what had exactly happened earlier. After finishing classes he headed to library, thinking of finishing his essay. He hoped that maybe he would get to have at least one thing done that day. Before he realised it was almost 5 pm. He quickly grabbed his things, checking his phone on a way out for the adress Minseok had texted him. Passing the school soccer field he spotted a group of guys leaving it and heading towards the building. They must have just finished, he thought. Looking at the clock he heard someone calling his name. First from afar, then the voice was getting closer and closer. When he turned around, confused, he spotted Minseok running towards him. His hair was wet from sweat, a few strands stuck to his forehead; his cheeks were painted a soft shade a red, lips parted and his chest rising and falling rapidly. When the boy stopped a few feets in front of Jongdae and was trying to catch a breathe, the latter gulped, many unwanted imagines filling his mind. He quickly looked to the right, feeling his cheeks becoming warmer. Not now, he tried to calm himself down.

-He..Hey, Jongdae.- Minseok greeted him when his breathe finally stabilised.- It's good I cought you.- He sent the other a huge smile and Jongdae felt his knees becoming weak.- Our practise took a bit longer, I am sorry. But since we've already met, maybe you could wait for me a few moments so we could head to the cafe together? Is that alright with you?- Jongdae wasn't sure but he felt as if Minseok had actually went a shade redder before he finished asking. He was standing there, in front of him, his hair in a mess, a smile painted on his lips, and Jongdae's heart skipped a bit. I am so helpless, he sighed quietly.

-Yes, sure, I can wait.- He replied, flashing the older his best smile.- I will be waiting at the bus stop, ok?- He asked, mentioning towards the said location at the other side of the road. Minseok nodded and with quick "I'll be back in a minute" he left him alone, running towards the school.

When Minseok was out of sight, Jongdae growled loudly and when it didn't help he looked up at the sky and let out a desperate scream.

Not only do you have a crush on a straight guy, but at a guy in a relationship. You are so ed up, Kim Jongdae, he thought to himself, slowly moving towards the bench.

♦♦♦

Hey, hi, hello readers :)

I hope this chapter met your expectations (at least partly) with Xiuchen!

I can tell you, that from this point there will be only more and more xiuchen :)

Please, comment and leave your opinions!

P.S: Turned out I start school in two days (I honestly believed I'd start on Monday) so the next chapter will probably be somewhere around the end of the week, as promised, but I don't know how the further updates will look like. I hope you understand and will still support this story. Please do, it means a lot to me!

Best wishes,

badblood