Late turth

A little lie never killed nobody

Late truth

♦♦♦

It's been a few days since they lied and with each day Minseok felt more and more uncomfortable. Three days after they told Baekhyun and Sehun, Minseok told his parents about the relationship between him and Chung. It made him feel even worse, knowing how happy his mother was. She spent the whole evening talking with her, already making wedding plans, happier than Minseok had seen her in a long time. As expected, his father wasn't that pleased with the news, but that still was better than Minseok being alone. First thing he told his son was "at least you found someone with an acceptable background." And when Minseok asked what was that supposed to mean, his father focused on how Chung's mother is one of the most respected lawyers in the city, how she has a lot of connections with politics and buisnessmen; how her father is the head CEO of one of South Korea's best selling companies and how he has connections with important people all over the world. The fact that he, himself, was an awarded surgeon, and his wife was a CEO of strategic planning at the Winner Group* did not help at all. Right now Minseok was pressured from all the sides. He felt as if the expectations towards him suddenly raised up even more. And he couldn't bear this.

Somewhere deep inside, Minseok hoped he would get a break from this madness at school, but oh boy, he couldn't be more wrong. With him being the captain of the soccer team, and more importantly, with Chung being the school President and the best student two years in a row, soon everyone at school knew about their "relationship". Baekhyun and Sehun would constantly and Chung wouldn't leave his side, only in case of seperate classes. He had to smile and laugh and pretend that things which are not funny at all, are. He had to spend hours hugging his best friend at any given moment and occasion, trying his best to make everything look real. And at that time, he started wondering whether it was all worth it.

It was finally Friday, Minseok's favourite day of the week. Not because it was the end of a school week nor because it was the beginning of a weekend. He liked it because Friday meant additional History classes. He was not happy at all when he was made to take them, but it soon changed when on the very first lesson last year he saw him. It was a hard beginning of a year for Minseok, his parents were pressuring him to take more and more additional classes and study harder than the previous year as they were not pleased with his results. They didn't care Minseok's score was one of the best at school. He still had to work harder, be better. Be the best. They always made sure that Minseok develops his interests in all areas of studies as they always assured him "you don't know what life will expect you to do. You can't focus just on one thing and be narrow-minded, son. The more you know, the higher your chances are." He hated it. He hated his parents for making him do it. That's why he has done things he's not proud of. But picking world history wasn't one of them. In general additional classes are for anyone interested. So both seniors and juniors may attend them. Minseok still remembers seating in the same spot he seats in now, on a grey and cold Friday afternoon, when the doors opened and another person went in. He does not know what exactly made him turn at that moment, but as he did, he saw a junior standing near the door and scanning the classroom. His hair was messy, probably after the whole day at school, although Minseok spared a thought on a possibility the boy had just woken up. As for all the "after schedule" classes, uniforms were not neccessary. The stranger had a dark t-shirt with a logo of a band Minseok no longer remembers, dark skinny jeans, rather loose on the boy's skinny form and white converse. "Not bad" Minseok thought and was about to go back to looking outside the window and his inner debates on why his life is so miserable when the boy looked his way and their eyes locked. It was just a second, but that was enough. For the next hour and a half Minseok couldn't stop thinking of the boy's lips. Through all these months of their acquaintanceship, as Minseok likes to think of it, he got a few chances to talk to the boy. First thing he learnt was that his name was Kim Jongdae. A few days later he discovered that Jongdae was taking the same singing classes as Baekhyun. Then, the more chances he had to speak to him, mostly nothing more than "hello"s or short exchange of words in line, Minseok found himself developing a small crush on the boy with an intimidating smile. Because still, the boy's lips occupied most of Miseok's thoughts. But Minseok knew better than that and he never made a move to get any closer to the boy. He wanted, but he knew he shouldn't and couldn't. First thing was: What are the odds of Jongdae being gay? Secondly: falling for anyone at this point and in his situation was out of question. So he decided not to fall. And in such a situation, watching Jongdae from his spot in the History class was all he could do. And it all went perfectly, until one day Chung told him he had been talking about a boy all day and even tho she hadn't known Minseok had been talking about Jongdae, she made her friend realise, he had, indeed, devoleped a crush on someone. And from that point it went all downhill. Still not fallen madly in love, yet no longer at peace, he kept stealing glances at Jongdae, at Friday classes, lunch time. Whenever he cought him talking to Baekhyun, he would just stand nearby, pretending to be waiting for his friend, but in fact he would just listen to the melody of the boy's voice. And the days passed turning into weeks and months. And Minseok thought he had it all under control. He believed he had left the past behind him, his mistakes along with it. He hoped he would find a way to solve the problems with his parents one day, and more then anything, he hoped he would become who they want him to be. But each Friday he spent hour and a half hoping only for things he wanted, that maybe in another universe, they would all come true.

And it all went perfectly, until that Friday.

The classes were coming to an end, the bell was to ring in about fifteen minutes. Minseok was finishing the last sentence when the teacher stood up from behind her desk and annouced that she expected them to prepare group projects on one of given topics. Minseok lazily looked around the class, about to ask whether he could prepare it himself, when the teacher said she had already picked pairs, as to make things easier she had used the attendance list and just paired them by putting two people figuring on the list next to each other together. Minseok went pale. That meant he would have to prepare the project with either him or Lee Myun. For different reasons both options were terrible.

- Kim Jongdae and Minseok - the teacher said and Minseok's head dropped. I'm screwed.

The moment the bell rang Minseok quickly took his bag and left the class. He didn't want to talk to Jongdae or anyone. Entering the restroom, he locked himself in a toilet cubicle and sad down, breathing heavyly. It's been long since he felt this nervous, as if he was to vomit.  "Yah, calm down you idiot." He scolded himself and was about to get up and go look for Jongdae to discuss the process of preparing everything when he heard the door open and someone enters the room.

- You don't understand, Yeol. He obviously hates me. - A voice spoke, breaking at the end. Minseok would recognise it everywhere. Jongdae.

Slowly and quietly he sat down again, holding his breathe, doing his best not to make a sound.

- You should've seen him when Mrs. Park said we're to work together. He looked devastated. Do you think...maybe he knows I'm gay? Maybe he's a homophobe?

Minseok's eyes grew bigger, his jaw dropped and his hand quickly made its way to cover his mouth. 

-Ah, I don't know, Chanyeol. Alright, I'm gonna hung up now, see you later.

With that, his voice went quiet, for a few second the space was filled with a sound of a running water then the doors banged and everything went numb.

♦♦♦

 

 

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry it took me so long to post anything here but as I said I have exams now :(

But, I was lucky enough and I got a day off so I decided to write a bit but it turned out to be a longer "bit" so as not to keep this story in one place I decided to post it :)

Your feedback is very much welcomed so please comment! :) 

Massive thank you to anyone who's subscribed to this story!

And a big big thank you to all of you waiting for it patiently!

Once again, sorry for a late update !

Take care, read well, see you next time!

badblood

 

* Winner Group is a name of a company taken from a k-drama "The Birth of a Beauty" [ 미녀의 탄생 ]