Friendship ties

A little lie never killed nobody

Friendship ties

♦♦♦

The night was dark and cold as they sat at the graveyard. The moon was shining upon them, like a watchful guardian. Jongdae was still crying, clinging onto Minseok, looking not only for comfort but warm as well.

-Jongdae, we have to go.- Minseok whispered softly, the hair falling onto the younger’s puffy eyes. But the boy only shook his head, not willing to move.- Come on, it’s a cold night and you’ll only get sick. Plus, you’re exhausted, you gotta sleep and rest. Here, I’ll help you get up, and I’ll take you home, okay?- Minseok slowly got up, taking the boy up with him. As soon as they stood straight, Jongdae wrapped his arms around Minseok in an almost koala-like hug, resting his head on the older’s shoulder. Minseok threw his arm around the other boy and slowly moved foreward, heading home.

                                            

-Where the hell have you been Kim Jongdae?!- Seul shouted the moment they walked in. But her anger faded away as soon as she laid her eyes on the broken boy.- Honey, what happened? Why have you been crying? – She came closer, but the only thing Jongdae did was to tighten his grip around Minseok.

-We were…- he whispered and his voice trembled.- We were at the graveyard.

Seul took a deep and sharparrow-10x10.png breath, eyeing two boys. She brought her hand up and slightly and softy pushed Jongdae’s locks back. – You look exhausted. Go toarrow-10x10.png sleep, okay?

Jongdae nodded but didn’t move until Minseok did so.

 

-Can you stay with me, hyung?- Jongdae whispered as Minseok put a warm blanket around him.

-I wish, Jongdae, but there’s something really important I need to deal with.- He answered and kneeled beside the bed, his eyes on the same level with the younger’s.- Just close your eyes, and fall asleep, okay? I will see you tomorrow.- He smiledarrow-10x10.png, leaving a soft kiss on Jongdae’s cheek.

-I don’t know If I can, hyung. I’m afraid I’ll start crying again… I don’t want to be alone…

In that moment, seeing the sadness and guilt in Jongdae’s eyes Minseok knew, he would hate seeing the boy this broken ever again. He wanted to stay by his side and cuddle with him, escaping the whole world, but if that evening with Jongdae taught him anything, it was that it’s better not to put everything for too long. And he really needed to do something.

-Sing for me, Jongdae.- Minseok asked, hoping it would take the boy’s mind off things before sleeping. But he was wrong.

-I don’t sing anymore…- he replied, his voice quite.
-What? What do you mean anymore? Aren’t you in a singling class with Baekhyun?- Minseok showered him with questions, totally confused.

-I am, but I’m attending them only because my therapist said I should… after my parents’ death… it was a singing competition they were going toarrow-10x10.png… that night, I sang for the last time…

Minseok was shocked. He felt tears coming to his eyes, but he quickly shook them away. Jongdae seeing him cry was the last thing that could happen.

-Jongdae, is there anything I can do to help you?

The younger was quiet for a moment, studying the other’s face.

-Since I was fifteen, only two things in my life haven’t changed. It’s Seul and Chanyeol. It would be nice, if you could stay in my life, hyung. That would be really nice.- he whispered, his already redarrow-10x10.png from the cold cheeks, getting even hotter, as he shyly looked Minseok in the eyes.- And maybe then… maybe one day I will sing for you.

♦♦♦

Taking a deep breathe, Minseok slowly knocked at the door. After a few moments of silence he heard a muffled noises on the other side. "Sehun, come here with the money, pizza has arrived!", he heard Baekhyun scream and chuckled. But his smile immidiately faded as soon as the door opened.

-You're not the delievery guy.- Baekhyun stated, eyeing the older up and down.- What do you want here?

-I want to talk, Baekhyun...

-But I don't want to!- he hissed and was about to close the door when Sehun appeared.

-Hyung!- He exclaimed upon seeing Minseok.

-He's leaving, Sehun.- Baekhyun said, still trying to close the door.

-What?! No! Stop being such a drama queen, Baek! I want to talk to hyung!- Sehun grabbed Minseok by a wrist and pulled him in.- We do have to talk, Baekhyun.- He added, his voice lower and face serious.

 

But the talk didn't go well. The moment Baekhyun closed the door to his room behind them, silence fell upon them and it lasted for thirty minutes. None of them knew what to say or where to start. Wanting nothing more than to have it all settled, Minseok exhaled and inhaled and looked up at his two friends.

-I'm sorry.- He whispered finally, his gaze going back to the floor.

-You're sorry? Seriously? All you've got to say it that you're sorry?!- Baekhyun clenched his fists, furrowing his eyebrows.

Minseok sighed and let his head drop. - What else do you expect me to say, Baekhyun?

-Oh, I don't know, maybe, let's see, the truth for instance ?!- he shouted, getting up.

-Hyung, calm down...- Sehun tried to reason with him but it didn't help. Baekhyun was angry and Minseok knew there was probably nothing that could calm him down at that moment.

-You want the truth? You've seen it, Baekhyun!- He replied, still not looking up.- You've seen the truth...

-Why? Why the haven't you told us?! Why haven't you told me?! I thought we were ing friends! And from what I remember, being friends with someone, means something ! Does it mean anything to you?! What other sick lies are you hiding, huh?!- He was screaming, his words leavin his mouth in a speed of light.

-Sick?!- Minseok repeated, throwing his head up to look at the younger.

-Ugh, you know it's not wh...

-No! That's exactly what you meant! And that's exactly why I've never told you! Because I couldn't bear the thought of my friends calling me sick! I'm already fine with having my parents hate me, you know!- Now Minseok was screaming, his eyes slightly shining from the gathering tears.

Baekhyun's expression suddenly changed.- What do you mean?- He whispered.- Minseok... all the bruises you had... when you came beaten up... please don't tell me it were...

-My parents?- Minseok cut him off, finishing the sentence. He snorted and threw his head back.- Of course it were them. My father precisly. I told them the truth and they... didn't take it with ease.- He finished in a whisper.

What happened next took Minseok by surprise. He felt a pair of arms wrapping around him and closing him in a tight grip.

-Don't you ever think, hyung- Sehun started, burring his face in the shorter's hair- that we could stop loving you. There is nothing in this world that could change the way I think of you, Min. We are your friends, and friends are supposed to help each other. We would never judge you, you know that? Why don't you know it! Minseok hyung, please...trust us.- When he pulled away Minseok saw a few tears falling down his cheeks and was taken aback. Sehun never cries. He felt bad for making the younger cry so he quickly hugged him again.

-I am sorry. I'm really sorry, for everything. 

After a few moments they heard a loud sobbing. They looked at each other confused. None of them was sobbing. And then they looked at Baekhyun, who was standing in the middle of the room shaking, with whole face covered in tears. Minseok came closer and all he wanted was to hug him, but knowing how bipolar Baekhyun can be, he wasn't sure If he would allow that.

-I am so so so so so sorry, hyung!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- Baekhyun suddenly shouted, throwing his arms around Minseok, bringing him into a bone crushing hug.- I am sorry for what i said! I didn't not mean it, I really did not! You're my favourite person on this whole planet, I love you so much, and I am sorry I was not there for you when you needed me!- Baekhyun was crying his heart out, and Minseok found it hard to breathe.

Upon seeing the struggle of his hyungs, one of Baekhyun was was violenty creating another ocean in his room, and of Minseok had problems breathing, Sehun chuckled and came closer to join the hug. - Hyung, Jongdae was right, you look ugly when you cry, so stop it.- He joked, looking at Baekhyun.

-You are mean, Sehun.- he breathed out, trying to calm down.- But hyung...- he looked at Minseok.- I know I shouldn't but... I still cannot stand the fact you kept secrets from me...- he whispered, looking the older in the eyes.

-I hate myslf for this, Baekhyun, but please, try to understand me. I was afraid I might loose you If I told you the truth... please, when everything comes back to normal, consider trusting your hyung once again...

-Comes back to normal? What do you mean?- Sehun asked, sitting on the bed. They all followed and after a moment were lying comfortably on a soft matress, looking at the white ceiling.

-Now, that I've told my parents... and you know... things are gonna change... and I'm afraid not all of the changes may be good...

-Hyung.. were you ever... were you ever planning on telling us?- Baekhyun asked, turning his head to face the older.

-Of course I did. I really wanted to tell you, because I couldn't stand lying to you but.. well, you were quicker.- He replied, his cheeks getting hotter.

-You look cute when you're blushing, hyung.- Baekhyun laughted

-Yah! Stop that!- Minseok scolded but a wide smile appeared on his lips.

-So you and Jongdae, huh? Are you like a thing?- Sehun asked.

-Oh... no... we're... not...

-Oh, come on! You don't go around basically ing someone in a school toilet if you're not together!

-Baekhyun... yes you do, don't you know what people at our school do?- Sehun raised an eyebrow and eyed his hyung.

-Oh, shut up, you know what I meant!- Baekhyun hissed and threw a pillow at the younger.

-It's complicated... but no we're not together, so if you could please keep your mouth shut when you see him, alright?

-Awwww, hyung you care so much for him!- Baekhyun beamed, throwing his arm around Minseok's tummy and cuddling up to him.

Minseok giggled at his friend's behaviour but answered.- Yeah. I do.

♦♦♦

Sehun has long since fallen asleep, curled up in a ball of blankets on Baekhyun's bed. The clock was showing two in the morning, streets were empty, as two boys were sitting on a roof, looking at the night sky, covered in millions of silver stars.

-It's been long since we last did this.- Baekhyun whispered, shifting closer to Minseok to prevent warm from running away.

-Yeah, it's true.- Minseok sighed but shivered.- But next time we should pick a warmer night to do it.

-Can I tell you something hyung?- Minseok looked at the younger and nodded his head.- I'm afraid you know...

Minseok frowned.- What? Baekhyun, is something wrong?

-Yes, hyung, don't you see it? Things are changing so fast and I'm afraid I can't keep up. Look at us. We've drifted apart. You keep hiding secrets from me, we've never had secrets, hyung!- Upon hearing this, Minseok felt a heavy weight falling on his chest.

-Baekhyun, please. I know I ed this up. And I wish I could turn back time and tell you right away but I can't... and there is something more I am not telling you about, but you need to give me time with that one... I have made a mistake and I am just really embarrased and ashamed of it... and I need you to give me some time before I'm able to tell you.. but I will, I promise...- he confessed, closing his eyes, too afraid to look at the boy next to him.

-It's okay hyung. I hope one day you'll have enough faith in me to know I won't leave your side no matter what. - Baekhyun whispered, intertwining his fingers with Minsoek's.

-What have I done to earn a friend like you, Baek?

-You were just really luck.- he checkled.- But Min... can I ask you one more thing?

-Of course.

-How do I know I like someone?

-What? Why are you asking me? You're the one with the longest externship in a relationship.

-But ... I think I might like someone.. but it's so different from the previous time... and I am scared hyung. Do you like Jongdae?- Baekhyun looked at Minseok and their eyes met. The older could easily see the confusion and fear in the younger's eyes. He sighed and smiled.

-I do.

Baekhyun took a sharp breath and looked at the sky.- How did you figure it out?

Minseok laughed.- I was always looking forward to the Fridays' History classes.- He replied and both of them chuckled.

-You're so weird, hyung.

Minseok just shrugged, a bright smile on his lips.

-Will you tell me who it is?

-Can I... Can I have my secret as well?- Baekhyun asked, biting his lower lip.- I will tell you, but I am too confused as for now...

-But I wanna be the first one who gets to know, okay?

-Of course, hyung.- Baekhyun smiled geniuly, hugging Minseok.- I'm glad to have you back, hyung.

-Me too, Baekhyun. Me too.

♦♦♦

Hello dear reader!

How is everyone doing?

Okay, who wanna play Sherlock and guess what's Minseok's secret and who Baekhyun might be talking about? (when it comes to Minseok there were a few slight hints in previous chapters... nothing straight of course, but the links are there xD)

So, what do you think of this chapter? I hope you liked it!

Please, leave comments with your opinions:)

Bes wishes,

badblood.