A deal with the Devil

A little lie never killed nobody

A deal with the Devil

♦♦

It was an early morning; Chung had just finished taking a shower when her phone rang.

-Yoboseyo?*

-Good morning, Chung. I believe I have not woken you up, have I?

-Chaewon-sii- she whispered, more to herself than to the person on the other end. Why is Minseok's mother calling me? -Oh, no, of course not!- She quickly replied.

-I believe we need to talk, don't you think so?- The woman stated, her voice bossy.

-Do we?- Chung asked, going dry.- No problem. When?

-Yes, young lady, we do. Meet me at Coffee Love in an hour.- the girl quickly looked at the clock. She had school to attend to.

-But, Chaewon-sii, I have....

-School. I know. I won't take you long and I will make sure to give you a ride on my way to work. Just be on time, Chung.- Having said that, the line went silent.

What have you done, Minseok?!, she thought, panicking. She quickly typed a number and called her (boy)friend.

The number you are trying to reach is currently unreachable, an autonomic message was heard. Chung cursed and started getting ready.

♦♦♦

When Chung entered the cafe a strong smell of coffee and baked sweets reached her nose. Ugh, coffee, she thought, a little disgust visible on her face. After a moment she spotted Mrs. Kim and headed to greet the woman.

-Good morning, Chaewon-shii.- She greeted her and sat down. The woman didn't even look at her, too absorbed in picking her morning coffee. Before anything else could be said, a tall, dark haired male came to collect the order.

-Would you like anything else, ma'am?- As he asked and smiled politely, deep dimples appeared in his cheeks.

-Thank you, that's it.- As the boy walked away, she turned to look at the girl.- Did you know, Chung?-She asked, her eyes burning wholes in the girl's body.

-Knew...? About what?

-Minseok told us... that he's... - She was evidently struggling with the words, and Chung felt her blood rushing away from her face.

-Oh, god- she whispered, and that was enough to catch Chaewon's attention.

-So you knew.... Did you know about it before our deal?.

The tension between the two got thicker, almost touchable. They were staring at each other, both faces unreadable.

-Yes.- Chung finally replied, her eyes never leaving the older.

-You're a funny thing, Chung.- Minseok's mother said after a few moments.- If you knew about him being... Why would you agree? Was that the money? Or other things I promised you? - She eyed the girl in front of her, as if trying to read her like a book.

-I agreed because I love him.- she whispered and silence fell upon them. At that time Chaewon got her coffee brought by the dimpled buy and after he had vanished, she took a sip, looking outside the window.

-But he'll never love you, right?- The woman rather stated than asked and Chung gulped. I don't need to be reminded.-But that doesn't need to matter.

-I don't think I understand...

-You agreed once, which means you don't care about him loving you back. I can garantee you Minseok If you agree to follow my plan.

There was a moment of silence, but Chung made up her mind pretty quickly. All she wanted was to be with Minseok.- I'm all ears.

The woman smiled and took a sip of her black coffee.

♦♦♦

Chung was walking down the hall, her head down, deep in thoughts. Is this woman dangerous? She's crazy. But am I not crazy as well? I'm in love with a man who'll never love me. But I'll have him. I will have him, many thoughts were crowding in her head as the morning chat she had with Minseok's mother was still vivid in her memory. When she was nearing her locker he caught a glimps of Minseok, Sehun and Baekhyun. She slowed the pace and watched the scene. Baehyun and Sehun were gesturing lively and Minseok, oh god, she thought when her eyes laid on the boy. He looked terrible. Beaten up and bruised. Minseok looked in her direction and their eyes locked for a moment, before he turned back and dashed down the hall. Chung's heart dropped, as one of her earlier conversations with the boy reminded of itself.

"I'm gonna tell them, Chung." Minseok said as they were sitting in an Italian restaurant one everning last week.

"Tell who what?" 

"I'm gonna tell Baekhyun and Sehun about... me." He whispered, looking down at his meal.

"What? Why? What happened?"

"They deserve to know the truth. What friend am I, not trusting them? If Baekhyun gets to know in any othr way than from me... he'll never forgive me."

"But what if... what if they don't understand?"

"They are my friends. I trust them, and it's time I put my trust in them"

Right now he was going away, with shocked Baehyun and Sehun behind. Chung expected the worst.

♦♦♦

Minseok had a huge bruise on his ribs, which hurt him each time he moved either his arm or his leg, not mentioning breathing. There were also visible signs on his face, indicating that he was beaten, like a band aid over his eyebrow arch or cuts and bruises on his right check. He was talking with Baekhyun and Sehun, both of them trying to make him talk, wanting to know what had happened to their friend. When Minseok couldn’t take it anymore, he noticed Chung coming their way. He knew she would start asking uncomfortable questions or worse, would figure out what had happened. He still didn’t tell her. And he didn’t intend to. Raising his voice a bit too high, his words came out harsher then he intended but he could care less, as he told his friends off and walked away, leaving the two boys confused and worried. 

-Why did he act like that? Did he tell you…?- Her hand quickly shot up and covered , as she realized she shouldn’t have asked them.

-Tell us what, noona?- Baekhyun asked, furrowing.

Not wasting time to answer, and not really wanting to, Chung’s mind was clouded with worst case scenarios. Minseok had never acted like that, and the way he looked, at least from afar, might have been the cause of him telling heis parents the truth. With her heart beating like crazy she stormed off, following the path Minseok walked away. She saw him entering the restroom and sped up. I can’t go there, the thought hit her, as she put a hand on the door knob. Starting slowly panicking, she looked around, seeking any kind of help. Stop, stop it. It’s nothing. He just entered the restroom, he’ll be out in a few moments, Chung tried to calm herself. But as a few moments passed and then a few more, she started nervously biting at her nails. And then she spotted Jongdae, with his head down, humming, he was coming her way. She broke into a trot and grabbed the boy by an elbow. He shot her a confused look and stopped. 

-Jongdae-ah, please help me!- She pleaded. - Minseok oppa entered the restroom quite a long time ago and he hasn’t come out yet. I’m worried something might have happened.

-Noona, calm down, it’s just a school toilet- He replied, gently removing her grip from his arm.

-You don’t understand, please, go and check if he’s alright. That’s all. Please.- The last word came out as a whisper, with her eyes growing bigger, and a grip on the boys jacket tightening again. He sighed at the girl’s crazy behaviour but nodded, agreeing to check on his hyung.- Thank you -She exhaled, bowing a little.

Jongdae slowly closed heavy door behind him and furrowed as he heard quiet sobs and heavy breathing. He leant against a cold, stone wall and peeked at the main area on the restroom. There was a line of bathroom sinks and mirrors hanging above each of them. At the very end Jongdae spotted someone. A petit boy, pale, with wet traces on his cheeks. He was holding his white shirt up, showing off his soft skin, which made Jongdae gulp, and was examining something on his body. It was just then when Jongdae spotted a black-ish bruise spreading across the boy’s right side of the ribs. The sight made Jongdae take a deep breathe, which must have been heard by Minseok, as he quickly lowered the shirt and turning to face the entrance, he took a step back, hitting the wall behind him.

-Jongdae- he whispered, terrified.

Without saying a word, the said boy made his way towards the older. He was carefully examining his hyung. His face, pale and bruised, with red eyes and tears forming in them, small cuts on his right cheek, a band aid on his right eyebrow, his hair undone, as if Minseok didn’t even try to do anything with them after he had woken up; and trumbling lips. His chest, rising up and down unnaturally fast, wet spots on the white shirt, and dark colors of the wound getting through a thin fabric. His hands were shaking, resting on his stomach.

-Hyung…- Jongdae whispered, afraid of his words.- What has happened?

He raised his glance back up and the boys’ eyes met. And Jongdae knew, that Minseok was scared.

He fastened his pace, to reach the other as quick as possible, and as he was near enough he pulled his arms towards the older and he knew exactly what to do. Minseok leant forward, finding the so needed comfort in the younger’s arms.

-Who did this to you, Minseok?- Jongdae whispered again, carresing the older's hair.

-They... they started talking about the wedding again. About a ring, engagement... and I couldn't take it anymore...- Minseok murmured, his face hidden in the younger's neck. Jongdae knew, or at least thought that he knew, where Minseok's confession of heading to. He closed his eyes, piting the older. - And I told them, Jongdae. I told my parents I was gay...

-I'm so sorry, Minnie. I'm so sorry it had to happen to you. - He tightened his grip around the boy and the other hissed, a wave of pain numbing his senses.- I'm so sorry!- Jongdae quickly loosened the hug and leaned back to take a look at the boy. Minseok was visibly tired, not only physically but mentaly as well. He was standing there against the wall, paler than death, with ugly wounds on his face and body. His eyes were bloodshot, black circles underneathe them. - You should rest, Minseok. You look like you're about to faith...

-I can't... Jongdae I don't want to go home... being here and surviving the day is my only option.- He shook his head, looking down.

-So don't go home... come to me. You can stay at my place, I'm su...

-No.- Minseok interrupted the younger, looking at him.- If I don't go back home, it'll only make things worse. I'll figure it out. I just don't want to be there now... 

Seeing the petit boy trembling, he put his arms around him carefully and rested his forehead against the other's.

-But just so you know... If anything happens, you can always come to me, okay? Remember.- He whispered and lightly pecked the boy on his lips. Minseok grabbed on the younger's jacket and quickly pressed a more determined kiss on his lips. Jongdae rested his hands on the wall, on both sides of Minseok's head and kissed back. Their breaths were getting more and more irregular. Jongdae grabbed Minseok's hair in his hand and gave it a tug making the older's head fall back. Having the other's neck exposed, Jongdae started leaving sweet kisses on his jawline, ear, marking his way down to his collarbone. They were so consumed by what they were doing that the sound of closing doors and a pair of quick steps never caught their attention. It wasn’t until a shocked voice filled the room that they realized they were no longer alone.

-So is this what you were supposed to tell us, Minseok?- Baekhyun spoke, eyeing the two boys making out against the wall.

Minseok quickly pushed Jongdae away, both of their eyes growing bigger, chests going up and down as if they had just run in a marathon, and a massive blush spreading all over their faces.

-Hyu... hyung?- Sehun stuttered, his eyes big from bewilderment.

-Sehun... Baekhyun... I...- Minseok started, but Beakhyun quickly shut him up.

-Spare it, hyung. You have a lot of explaining to do.- He said, his face emotionless like a mask, but in his eyes, Minseok could see he felt betrayed.

♦♦♦

Hello ! :)

Yup, so here we have a nother chapter :) What do you think? :)

I hope it doesn't xD

Your comments and thoughts are more then welcomed! :)

Best wishes,

badblood

P.S. 1) I am having exams in 2 weeks and a few tests next week, so I don't know when is the next chapter going to be out, sorry.

        2) I have this idea for another xiuchen ff but Disney related/inspired. Anyone would be interested in reading something like that?

        3) Massive, massive thank youuuuuuuu to anyone who's subscribed! <3 you're the best, thank you for reading and putting up with this story!