Coffee Love

A little lie never killed nobody

Coffee Love

♦♦♦

It seemed to be an unnaturally long and awkward ride. Excluding simple remarks once or twice about the weather, none of them have said a word. But they cought a habit of stealing glances at each other, although each time one caught the other staring they would both look differnt directions, pretending nothing had happened. Both of them seemed relieved when they finally left the bus, just a few meters away from the Coffee Love café*. Jongdae quickly scanned him memory trying to remember any more uncomfortable ride in his life, but he failed, realising this was the most troublesome one he had ever had in his life.

Taking the first free seats they had spotted, Jongdae quickly grabbed a small menu, trying to focus his mind on other things then questions and images filling it. He had so many to ask about, but he knew he couldn't. "What is it exactly between you and Chung noona?" "Do you love her?" "Why did you kiss her?" "Why can't it be me?" . All of these questions sounded wrong, none of them could be asked, deffinately not the last one, which Jongdae knew, shouldn't even appear in his mind. Of course he loves her, that's why he kissed her, they're in a happy relationship, aren't they? Jongdae thought, responding to his own thoughts. But you had hoped, and you had fallen, and now you're here. How did that even happen? Jongdae let out an uncontrolled, heavy sigh, feeling defeated by his own mind.

-Jongdae? Is everything alright? - Minseok's voice brought him back to reality. He blinked a few times, getting a better vision of thother's confused face.

-Yeah, em, sure, why? - He tried to stay calm, but the thoughts crowding in his mind only made him want to go back home, sit on a bed and watch sad movies with a bowl of ice cream. As always.

-You were, em... staring. - Minseok replied, lowering his gaze at the table.

-I...I...- Think, Jongdae, think! - I am sorry, Kim Minseok! I got lost in my own thoughts. I apologize for making you feel uncomfortable. - He quickly mumbled an explanation, bowing his head.

-Oh, but that's fine, Jongdae. Are you sure you are alright? You seem pretty stressed. - Minseok's expression changed from confused to worried. - And why do you keep on using such a formal language? It'd not like we've just met, Jongdae. - Minseok smiled warmly at the younger. Jongdae was glad he was already sitting because otherwise his knees might have let him down. He felt a pleasant warm feeling spreading across his body when the other boy smiled at him that way. It was the first time Jongdae had seen Minseok smile like that. He wanted to believe it was a smile only for him. He longed to believe, one day it would be.

-Ah, yes, you're right.... hyung? - Jongdae bit on his lower lip while looking at the older. The latter only smiled brighter and nodded.

-That's better! - He exclaimed.

But it did not help Jongdae calm down. He was nervous and nothing could change that. His crush was sitting right in front of him and he had no idea about Jongdae's feelings towards him. Additionaly, Jongdae still wasn't sure how things exactly looked like between the two of them. Minseok had been all nice and kind and friendly, but the younger still remembered how the said boy left the classroom after hearing he was to work with him. Just thinking of that Friday made Jongdae instantly sad. Yes, Minseok made an excuse later on, but was he honest? There was still, somewhere at the very back of Jongdae's mind, a thought, that Minseok was just disgusted with him, because maybe, after all, he didn't like people like him. And he used to love Fridays so much.

He decided it wasn't a good time and place to think about it, after all , they came here to work on the project. Still in a mess, nervous and now sadder as well, he was ready to do anything to survive this meeting without making a fool of himself.

-So, how do you like your coffee, hyung? - He asked in a nautral voice, greedily looking at the menu, not realising it was upside down, and by this point, already distroyed by his constant ruffling. When he finally acknowledged the state in which the paper was, he slowly put in back down on the table. And here goes your idea about not making a fool of yourself, he thought, mentaly facepalming himself.

-We still haven't ordered anything. - Minseok giggled and Jongdae's heart skipped a beat, and then dangerously froze. Did he just giggled? Did he just freaking giggled because of me?! Did Kim Minseok just giggled?! Well, I've never planned on dying in a cafe, Jongdae's thoughts were going wild. Minseok have noticed the other boys confusion, or rather weird freezing, and decided it was a sign to change the topic.

-I'm really glad you managed to find time to come here with me today.- He decided this could be a smooth enough way to let down the tension and frustration building in him from having the younger so close to himself and just to himself, but without any unnecessary confusion or awkwardness. He really wanted Jongdae to know how happy he made him by agreeing to meet with him. He smiled warmly at the younger, a smile he had never spared on anyone else, and then lightly bit on his lower lip, stopping words from escaping his mouth. 

Jongdae wasn't sure if Minseok had done that on puropse, but he was sure that if he let the older keep on doing that, the unwanted kind of tension building in him will kill him. Calm down, Kim Jongdae, stop thinking of this in such a ual way, this was probably nothing more than a innocent, nervous habbit of him, Jongdae was mad at himself that even now he couldn't stop thinking of Minseok in a erted way.

-Don't you think it'd be good to start discussing the project, hyung? - Jongdae cleared his throat, shifting in his armchair.

-I am aware this is probably not the best moment, but I'm a bit hungry. - Putting his hand on his tummy, the older pouted looking down.

You're so cute, Minseok, Jongdae thought and the corners of his lips lifted when he saw the boy in front of him pouting.

-What? - Minseok asked, raising an eyebrow and looking directly at the younger.

Jongdae's eyes grew bigger, he face suddenly felt like on fire and his palms started sweating. Did i say it out loud?

-I...I said that... I said that you should eat something. - He stutterd but managed to produce a coherent and hopefully beliveable answer.

-Okay, I will... - Minseok whispered, his eyes never leaving Jongdae's. - I'll be right back.

Jongdae growled silently, hiding his face in his hands.

♦♦♦

Did he say I am cute?, Minseok kept on asking himself all over again while standing in a line to make his order. He was aware of the fact he was smiling like an idiot, he felt lightheaded, a pleasant warmth in his stomach. He was on cloud nine. Is it how it feels when ... , he started but quickly ended the thought, shaking his head and bringing himself back down on earth. Don't get your hopes up too high. You must have just heard what you wanted to hear. You are so helpless and pathetic, Minseok. There was a SNSD song "Baby Baby" playing in the background "ugh, such an annoying song" he mumbled.

-Annyeonghaseyo*, can I take your order? - He heard a warm, heavely accented voice, so he lifted his eyes up and was met with a smily face of a tall boy, whoes dimples must have been the deepest Minseok had ever seen. There was something about that boy and his aura that made Minseok calm, and he smiled back.

-Annyeonghaseyo! Can I get vanilla latte, twice? - The dimple boy's eyes drifted towards Jongdae, a small smile appearing on his lips, but then he quickly focused his attention back on Minseok, so that the other boy didn't even realise, too busy scanning the cakes, waffles and ice-creams.- And I'll get a piece of lime pie and three waffles with maple syrup, please.

-That will be 40,000 won. - The guy behind the counter said and Minseok handed him the money. He was so wrapped up in his own thoughts, which were mainly about Jongdae and what he had said or what had Minseok heard, that when he was given his order he looked at the boy with a concern on his face. "Why are you giving me two coffees?" He asked, looking around, thinking it might be someone else's order. "That's what you've ordered, Sir." The boy smiled, his dimples showing again. "Have I?" Minseok muttered to himself but then looked towards the place he and Jongdae were sitting. The younger was covering his face in his hands, elbows resting on his knees, supporting the weight. Jongdae. He looked back at the coffee, and again at the boy. Have I just... unintentionally bought him coffee... and taken additional waffles for him? , he asked himself, but as no answer came he figuered that was what had happened. He smiled lightly, taking the tray.

-Alright, Jongdae, don't laugh at me, but I kind of bought two coffees, you gotta help me drink one. - He stated, placing a cup in front of the other and taking his seat. Jongdae looked up surprised.

-Kind of you say? - He let out a chuckle. - Thank you. How much do I owe you? - He asked, shifting to find a wallet in his bag.

-Yah, stop that! I'm not making you pay for coffee you didn't even order! This one's on me.

-Hyung, I can't let you...

-I said, this one's on me. - Minseok cut him short. - As a "I am really sorry I left you so rudely on Friday", alright? - He smiled sincerly, bringing his hot beverage to his mouth and taking a sip. He closed his eyes in delight, letting out a soft sigh. When he opened his eyes he found Jongdae staring at him. Again.

-What now? - He asked jokingly.

-Nothing, you just look delighted.- The younger replied, tilting his head slightly. He was fascinated with the older. After countless months of just stealing glances at Minseok, he finally got a chance to take a good look at him. Looking at the boy, how he pouts, smiles, or reacts to something so small and normal like coffee, made Jongdae realise how much he likes watching the other boy. The moment Jongdae saw Minseok's delighted expression after trying the coffee, he decided was the moment he fell in love with watching Minseok.

-Well, it's a vanilla latte, who wouldn't be delighted? - Minseok laughted, and his laughter was a music to Jongdae's ears. He thought of all the symphonies that he had heard, of many more that had been ever composed and of all that were to be yet written, and he couldn't find a more beautiful one than the symphony of Minseok's laughter. Oh, the fate is literally laughing in my face, he thought, a sharp pain going through his heart.

-Then I will be the one paying next time, alright? - He aksed softly, a bit shy. Minseok rolled his eyes but happily agreed.

Next time.

Getting though a few different topics while eating, such as why Jongdae thinks anime is better than dramas and why Minseok doesn't agree or how Minseok thinks soccer is the best sport ever invented and how Jongdae doesn't know what he is actually talking about because he is not much into sport, they managed to get on the right track and started discussing the history project.

-Are we supposed to pick one or write about all of them? - Minseok asked, looking at the piece of paper Jongdae had placed in front of him. On the paper there were five topics written down, all concering different aspects and ages of World's History.

-We must pick one. - Jongdae explained. - The third one seems alright I guess.

Minseok shrugged and agreed. - Alright, I'm fine with it. We should probably get though the major points then and try to write down an outline or something. We could then devide the sections so each of us would look for some pieces of information. In this way when we meet next time we can start putting it together. - He looked up at Jongdae and the other nodded.

-Alright, hyung, let's do as you say.

And for the next hour there was no laughing or chatting. They focused on getting the overall view of the topic they've chosen, knowing the sooner they'll get it done the sooner they'll be free. And it was already dark outside.

-Excuse me - they heard a voice above them so they both raised their eyes. - May I take the plates? - The boy from earlier asked, smiling. His dimples visible again.

-Oh, yes, thank you so much.- Minseok replied, quickly gathering the plates and handing them to the boy.

-Would you like anything else?

The boys looked at each other, then at the cold leftovers of their coffees. Jongdae checked his phone for the time and held his breathe, showing the phone to Minseok.

-Oh, well, thank you, but I think we'll be heading out anytime soon. - He smiled at the boy and the latter left. The two boys started gathering their things. - There's still a few minor things to get over, maybe we should meet tomorrow to close the topic before moving forward? - Minseok asked, looking at Jongdae while packing his notes.

-I think that would be a good idea.- He smiled and left the café shortly after. Walking outside they were hit by the wave of a cold wind.

-Are you going right or left? - Jongdae asked, hoping they would go in the same direction which would give him another minutes to spend with the other boy.

-Right. - Minseok replied, hoping Jongdae would go the same way.

-I'm going left. - He sighed, disappointed. There was a few moments of silence between them, until Jongdae spoke again. - I had a really good time, Minseok. Thank you. - He smiled at the shorter. His smile became even softer when he realised how Minseok was standing there next to him, a dark beanie covering his whole forehead, long scarf wrapped tightly around his neck and half of his face. There was only a space for his eyes left. Beautiful eyes. 

-I had a great time as well, Jongdae - Minseok said and his words were lost in the scarf. Jongdae chuckled but suddenly started coughing.

-You're cold. Why didn't you take warmer cloths? It's freezing cold these days. - Minseok scolded him, slowly unwrapping his scarf.

-I'm not, something has cought me a few days ago I guess. It's not a big de...

-Shut up and take this. - Jongdae's words got stuck in his throat when he felt Minseok's hot breathe on his cold neck. Then a pleasent warmth spread all over him, when his throat was covered with a soft material.

-You look good in it. - Minseok commented, talking a step back and watching Jongdae in his scarf. And he loved the view.

-Yah, hyung! What have you done?! Now you'll be cold, are you crazy ?! - Jongdae started quickly taking the scarf off, feeling quilty but at the same time extramely happy.

-Jongdae, calm down. - Minseok put his hands on Jongdae's, stopping younger's actions. - I have a warm jacket, my neck is still covered, you see? I will deffinately not be cold. You, on the other hand, may get ill if I let you go like this. So take my scarf and you'll just give it back tomorrow, alright? - Minseok looked Jongdae in the eyes, and the latter knew, these eyes looking at him, wouldn't take no as an answer. So he only nodded and Minseok started adjusting the scarf again. If I take it now, I may never give it back to you, hyung, he thought, looking like the smaller boy's hands swiftly manage the scarf. - There you go. - He smiled, bestowning Jongdae once again with his warm smile. - Watch out for yourself, Jongdae and be safe. See you tomorrow at school. - Minseok bowed a bit, bid his goodbye and turned around, walking away.

Jongdae stood there, a strong scent of Minseok messing with his senses.

 

Hello readers!

And here it is, after many days, the next chapter! As I promised it is all Xiuchen!

I must say thank you to a friend who helped me with this. I am not very good at writing cheesy, fluffy chapters I guess so this is a mixture of what my friend has written for me (it was a tottal fluff, so much I couldn't take it) and my vision of this chapter! To be honest there is more of me and my ideas and ways in this chapter than her writing but a few sentences are from her :)

I am not going to tell you and promise when the next chapter is going to be out because I really don't know. Hopefully next week or something around this.

As for now, I hope you liked this chapter because I think it's the best one so far to be honest haha or maybe I feel this way because I've just finished it and it's alte hahah, one way or another, please comment you thoughts and opinions I would really appreciate it!

And massive thank you to all my subscribers! Your willingness to follow this story means a lot to me! Thank you :)

Take care,

badblood.

* Coffee Love (Coffe-Ae) [ 커피애 ] - an actual cafe in

Myeongdong, Jung district, Seoul, South Korea.

*Annyeonghaseyo [ 안녕하세요 ] - a formal greeting ( Hello ).