Team Up

Recuperating From The Past

*Narrator’s POV*

L was sitting alone on the couch with his eyes fixed on something outside the windows. No one could figure out what was on his mind; he was so drown in his own world until he felt a light tap from his back. Changmi was standing behind him with her usual smile. L shifted a bit from his seat, giving space for her to seat down.

“What are you doing here alone, L? You seemed so lost in your own world. Something wrong?” Changmi was getting closed to each of the guys in this house except for L. He was a cheerful guy, but he always kept his distant from her like something made him to do so. Though he was thankful that she helped him when he needed it, he couldn’t bring himself to interact with her.

“Nothing. Just thinking of something.”

“Are you thinking about Sera?” She looked at L as he heaved a long sigh before nodding. Changmi flashed a wide smile and continued, “You really like her, don’t you?”

L nodded, “I do love her…and have since the first time we met. I tried to get close to her, but I seriously don’t know how to. I used the wrong way to be friends with her. I ended up hurting her instead, which is lame.” He leaned back on the couch and let out a big and disappointed sigh.

“Sera told me about you. You were the one who dumped her necklace inside the drain, right?”

“Yes, but I didn’t do that on purpose. I tripped, nuna. I didn’t know that was her precious necklace from her mother. I felt so horrible for doing that but at that time I was too arrogant. I have changed since that day.”

“If I were Sera, I would be mad too. But L that was in the past. We can’t do anything about the necklace now.” Changmi patted L’s back trying to comfort him.

“But she is still mad at me, and it is hard to deal with that, nuna. I can’t stop thinking about the necklace. It was her precious treasure, but I ruined everything by acting like a loser. How I wish she would forgive me and let me fix everything. I swear I will do anything to win her heart.” He ruffled his back hair in disappointment as Changmi lightly ruffled his black hair just like he was her own brother.

“You are not late at all because she is not taken by anyone. I mean even if she is working in Hyunchul oppa’s club, she will never fall for him like other girls do. Does it mean that she has someone in her heart? Maybe someone named L?”

L mumbled quietly, “Do you think she likes me too? But on Valentine’s Day I made a huge mistake.”

“I am sure there is someone inside her heart, and that someone is you. I know her well, L. She is like a sister to me, so we practically share everything with each other. I can see from her eyes that Sera likes you too, but she is just unsure with her own feeling. On Valentine’s Day you were desperate to get to like you but telling her the truth showed that you are an honest person. She might have hated you at that moment, but I know that once Sera calms down, she will realize that you are a good guy.” Changmi assured L to believe in her, “Trust me on this, Myungsoo, she will stop hating you and admire your honesty.”

“I hope she does. I really loved her, nuna.” L’s lips formed into a cute pout making Changmi chuckle at her dongsaeng’s cuteness as she tapped his nose lightly.

“Do you want me to help you, dear dongsaeng?” Changmi offered, causing L to grin widely. He was so happy with the offer, since he really wanted to be with Sera. He was quite aware that only Changmi could help him now because she is the closest one to Sera.

“Since Sera and Yunho oppa teamed up before to ‘prank on me’, I need to get those two back. What if you help me? A mission to get your Sera!” Changmi excitedly said as she raised her left hand up in glee.

“It wasn’t really a prank, nuna. She did that for you and Yunho oppa.”

“Ya it is still the same. Both of them met up and planned all those things. I felt so left out.” Changmi crossed her arm and leaned back on her seat.

L poked her cheek and laughed, “If they told you, it wouldn’t have been a surprise anymore. Seriously nuna, you are very weird sometimes.”

“Aish whatever you say. So how about it, L? You want me to help you or are you going to get her by yourself? Oh well, it depends on you. A warning from me, she is very hard to get, L. Watch out!”  Changmi purposely roared like a lion to “scare” L but it was the softest lion roar ever.

He rolled his eyes and bluntly said, “Hah scary nuna, your roar sounds like a kitten’s meow.”

Changmi cringed her nose in disapproval and slapped L’s arm, “You’re being mean to me.”

“I want to team up with you. Nuna must help me to get Sera or else I will break Yunho hyung’s bone.”

“Hah, then I will break your Sera’s bones too!” Changmi said, smirking, “Besides if I told Yunho oppa, then you would be in trouble.”

Both of them glared at each other like ‘rivals’ before burst into laughter. Changmi felt glad that L started to loosen up a bit whenever he was around her. With that L was determined to get Sera’s heart with Changmi’s help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~