Changmi

Recuperating From The Past

*Changmi’s POV*

Today was Saturday, and thankfully I didn’t have work. It had been a hectic week for me having to deal with work and college so I decided to take a break and relax myself.


Ever since I left him, everything has changed drastically; I went back to being my old-self‒the sad, unhappy, and frustrated Changmi. I was cheerful and bubbly back then when I was with my love, but it had been one year and a half since we separated.


“I miss you.” I muttered under my breath and heaved a heavy sigh as I walked to my favorite park that I used to visit with him. This was the same place where I met him for the first time.

 

*FLASHBACK*

“YA are you going to stand there forever? Come on follow me.” He said coldly but I didn’t trust him even though he had saved me from getting killed by the loan sharks.


“ARE YOU MUTE? Last time I checked you shouted like crazy seeking for help.” Now he turned his face towards me and shot me a smirk. Our eyes met. His eyes were so breathtaking yet they still looked dull and gloomy.


He took a few step closer and took a hold of my wrist gently, “Ugh, women can be so annoying sometimes.” I could feel his cold touch that caused my heart to start beating faster. I know it was wrong to feel like this especially with someone that you just met, but I don’t know why I felt some sort of chemistry between him and me. I remained silent as he dragged me somewhere though I had no idea where we were going since I was too preoccupied with the incident that took place. ‘Thank god that he was there to save me. I owed him a lot. If my step-father hadn’t sold me to those loan sharks, I wouldn’t be going through thing like this tonight.’ I snapped out my thought as I heard a clicked sound.


“Come in.” I heard him say as he stepped inside the unknown apartment, but I remained like a statue in front of the door.


“Are you afraid that I might do something to you?” He smirked and ruffled the back of his head as I gave him an “I’m afraid” look. He understood that and suddenly his expressions soften, “Don’t worry, I won’t do anything to you. If I wanted too, then I wouldn’t have helped you in the first place.” This time his voice was more gentle and sincere.


I smiled softly and made my way inside the house, and to my surprise, the apartment was kind of clean; I didn’t expect that a ruthless guy like him would own such a nice and clean place. He motioned me to sit down and looked straight in my eyes, “What is your name?”


I tried to hide my blush caused by his intense look, “C-Changmi.”


“Oh.” Then he got up from his seat and walked towards his bedroom.


“Wait” I blurted suddenly causing him to stop and turn his head back. I looked shyly at him and bravely asked, “What is your name?”


He coldly answered “Yunho. Jung Yunho. If you want to change, then there is one room over there.” He pointed to a room that just across his room.


“That was my sister’s room. You can wear her clothes for the time being.” He turned around and twisted the door knob to his bedroom but stopped once again as I started to speak, “Um…t-thank you, Yunho ssi.” I gave a polite bow causing him to chuckle coldly before disappearing inside the room.

*END OF FLAHSBACK*

 

After loan shark incident, my life had drastically changed as I had started to live with Jung Yunho, the coldest and most ruthless guy who had somehow become my boyfriend. We had become a couple when he told me that he loved me just as I loved him. But it was odd that he still acted cold towards me because that made it difficult for me to see him as a loving boyfriend.


Despite his callous and careless attitude, I still loved him with all my heart. Since the first day till now I couldn’t stop myself from loving him. Behind his ruthless attitude, he actually cared when it came to me. He used to stay up late when I was sick and he did everything that a boyfriend was supposed to do. Yet sometimes I couldn’t stop myself from doubting him because of his rough attitude towards me. Only God knows how much I missed him, but I couldn’t simply go back to him until he changed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The weather is getting so cold here! Everyone please take care of yourself and stay healthy. o(>__<)o