Honesty

Recuperating From The Past

*L’s POV*

I still couldn’t believe that Sera had agreed to this date though I felt really bad for lying to her. ‘Don’t think about that L. All you have to think about is having a pleasant date with her. Maybe even winning her heart.’ As I paced back and forth lost deep in my thoughts, I couldn’t stop fidgeting from all the nervousness that was consuming my confidence.

“You realize this is just a date, right? You aren’t getting ready to go to war.”

“Yeah, I know…but…” I began to reply just to realize that the voice belong to none other than Sera. “S-Sera, I am, I mean-”

“Stop talking!” Her lips were a bit distorted as if she was trying not to laugh at me, “Take a deep breath. Everything will be alright. Wait, why am I telling you this? I should be the one who is nervous.”

“Why would you be nervous?”

“Because this is my first date! First date EVER. You should feel lucky.”

“First…ever? I do feel lucky then.” Suddenly the nervousness was gone and a happy feeling was overtaking my once shaking body. “Sit down, you must be tired from working.”

“Shouldn’t you pull out this chair for me? You know, to show that you’re a gentleman and stuff.”

“Oh r-right.” I hurried and pulled out the chair for her, “My lady, please take a seat.”

“My lady?” She said while taking a seat as her eyes scanned the beautifully decorated place, “Did you really do this, L? I must say, I am quite impressed.”

“Y-Yeah, I told you already…I wanted to celebrate this day with you.”

“Okay, well what do we do first? I don’t know what people do on dates.”

I chuckled at her clueless face and shook my head, “You seriously don’t know? Well depends on the date…people get to know each other, dance, drink, hug, kiss…and do other stuff.” Sera’s cheeks started to turn red as soon as I said kiss and do other stuff.

“Other…stuff? You mean…ya, you better not be thinking about that!”

“N-No way! We don’t even know each other...why would I think about going that far?”

“Because you’re a guy, and guys always think about things like that. Okay, just stop talking about this.” Her hands made their way to her cheeks to hide the crimson blush that kept on getting darker.

“Sorry. Um Sera, do you want to dance?” I extended my hand out hoping that she would take it, and luckily she gently placed her hand onto mine. The two of us stood up after I pressed the play button on my phone’s music app. When we began to dance, she seemed a bit uncomfortable but in no time the two of us swayed to the beats. Sera’s left hand was gripping my right hand while her right hand was placed on my shoulder. My right hand was lightly touching her waist, and as we got in sync with music, I took my chance to hold onto her waist tighter.

Sera beautiful light brown eyes made their way to meet my eyes and for a moment everything seemed still. Without realizing she had stepped closer to me to the point where our chests were touching each other. Her heart was beating so fast that I could feel her chest thumping against mine. ‘Why can’t she be part of my life permanently? This feeling is like no other.’

After a few songs had passed, the two of us sat down to catch our breath and get something to eat. The already arranged table was filled with sweets, such as chocolate cupcakes and strawberry shortcakes, and Italian food. We made small conversation as we ate because the two of us still felt a little awkward from getting too close while dancing.

“Sera, I have wanted to say something for a really long time.”

“What is it?”

I didn’t want to bring this topic up during a date, especially our first date, but I didn’t have a choice, “I know that I was a jerk a few years back, but I really have changed. Whatever I did…to hurt you, I am truly sorry. I didn’t mean to make you drop that necklace. I wish that I could go back and change what happened.”

“That necklace meant the world to me, but it’s okay…because someone told me that keeping my mother’s memories alive in my heart is worth more than any necklace. You don’t have to worry about that anymore because I am over that incident now.” She said with a reassuring smile that took a huge burden off my chest.

“Thank you for forgiving me. Um I got something for you…I thought you might like it. It won’t replace the original one, but here.” I handed her a red box with a white ribbon which she gladly accepted with a grin.

“You even got me a gift?” Her fingers worked quickly to untie the bow, “Wow this necklace is beautiful!”

“I am glad you like it! It took me forever to find a perfect necklace for you, but when I saw this necklace…I had to get it.”

“Help me put it on.” She quickly jumped to her feet and turned her back to me, “You have changed, Kim Myungsoo.”

I helped her put the necklace on while she continued to compare my current personality to my old once. Though I should be relieved that she was finally seeing the new me, one thing kept on biting me. “Sera…I want to tell you something…I know you are going to be angry but I don’t want to lie to you.”

“Being honest is a great thing,” she turned back to me, “Now what would you like to tell me?”

“Sera, this date setup was not my doing.”

“What do you mean by that? You didn’t do all this?”

“No…it was Changmi nuna’s date for Yunho oppa. I accidentally ended up here and she said to bring you here because we needed to talk things out.” I could clearly see that she was not content with this situation.

“You did what?! How could you take unnie’s setup for Yunho oppa? Do you know how hard it was for them to get back together after what happened two years ago? YOU HAVEN’T CHANGED A BIT!”

“W-Wait, Sera…please-”

“I don’t want to hear anything! I don’t even want to see your face from now on. Don’t come near me.” Sera gritted her teeth before grabbing her handbag and storming away from me.

‘Maybe I shouldn’t have told her…but I had to be honest with her. Great, now I made things even worse than before.’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The chapter is not necessary to read for those who don't want to read a rated M chapter! It does not contain anything that furthers the story or adds new plot/storyline.