Back Together Again

Recuperating From The Past

*Sera’s POV*

“Unnie, I can’t go back early today. Tracy needs my help” I lied knowing she won’t let me go back home too late, especially alone.

“Why? You can do the things tomorrow. It’s late already, Sera. I don’t want you to go back late because it is not safe.” She gave me a stern and disapproving look which I expected even before talking lying to her.

“Tracy can walk me home. Since her apartment is not far from ours. We need to finish it by tonight, please unnie?” I clasped my hand and looked at her with puppy eyes.

“Fine. Don’t use those puppy eyes, okay?”

“YAY! Unnie be careful, okay? If someone tries to bother you then make sure to beat them properly.” I gave her a laugh causing her to pinch my cheeks, “Ouch, I’m just saying.”

She fixed her hair and patted my cheek, “Bye baby, meet you at home soon.”

‘Unnie, tonight you will get back your happiness. I promised to myself already that I will bring Yunho oppa back to you. Tonight is the night.’ I watched her walking out from the club and signaled Yunho oppa to go after her. Yunho oppa swiftly walked after her with a smile on his face.

“Are you sure that you don’t need me to accompany you?” I tilted my head up and saw a guy standing next me with his scary eyes.

It was the tall, muscular guy who I assumed was Jaejoong. “Err I don’t think I need you. Scary thought.” I muttered under my breath and walked passed him.

“Then you should go back with L. It is not safe outside there.” I heard him yelled after me.

‘How did L get dragged into this?’ Not long after that I felt someone jumped in front of me causing me to jump back and place my hand on my chest.

“Hey are you okay? I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“L? What are you doing here?” I blinked.

“L, AFTER YOU SEND HER BACK BRING ME SOME MASH POTATOES. YOU OWED ME. HAVE FUN! ” Jaejoong yelled at L before walking back into the club to find Karam.

L rolled his eyes in annoyance and gave me a sweet look, “Let’s go back now, I will send you back. I swear I won’t do anything.”

I chuckled and nodded “Fine. I don’t think you eat human so I’m not worried.” I started to walk ahead of him with an ear-to-ear smile on my lips.
 

*Yunho’s POV*

I followed Changmi quietly from the back with my heart thumping uncontrollably. I inhaled and assured myself to talk to Changmi before she reaches her place. I walked up beside her and patted her shoulder lightly. She tilted her face towards me and was about to scream but I clasped my hand over .

“Hey it’s me.” I whispered and gaze into her eyes.

She slapped my hand away and glared, “I know it is you but still I want to scream because I don’t want to meet you.” She bitterly said with a frown on her face.

“Changmi, please listen to me. We need to talk…really need to talk. Sera told me everything. I think you need to know the truth about the night when you left me.”

“Sera? So that girl helped you to get to me. Aish that girl, seriously,” she sighed heavily, “I don’t think we need to talk. Isn’t it obvious that you are with someone else now, Jung Yunho? I don’t want your wife coming after me. Just go back to your wife and daughter.” She looked away as her eyes clouded up with a few tears.

“I’m not married, Changmi. I told you already. That girl is not my baby. Someone left her in front of our house so we are taking care of her right now. We don’t want her to die. No one has come to claim her yet.”

“What do you mean oppa?” She looked at me, her voice sounding softer than before. I smiled at her and took her hand, “Let’s go to Hankang River. I will explain everything to you there.”

 

*Changmi’s POV*

He took my hand gently and pulled me away from there. ‘Aish he is as stubborn as always. He never gives me an answer without dragging me to some place.’

We reached the Hankang River and sat on one of the benches. Both of us remained silent for a little while and all we could hear was the crickets creaking.

“S-so, what happened that night? “ I played with the hem of my dress without looking at him.

“Minwoo threaten me to leave you. You were right, I left you for money but that money was for my brother’s hospital bills.”

“Bro-ther? You never told me that you have a brother.”

“Jung Suhwan. He was my brother but I didn’t want to tell you about him and make you worried. I knew you would do anything to help me if I told you about Suhwan. He was suffered from terminal blood cancer. I needed money to pay for his treatment. I was aware that he was not going to survive but I wanted him to stay alive for as long as possible. Minwoo found out about this and used Suhwan to force me to join their group. The nurse said that Suhwan needed the treatment as soon as possible so I didn’t have a choice.” I could tell that he was trying to fight the tears forming in his eyes.

‘He did this for me, and Minwoo cheated me. Jerk Minwoo! He told me to leave Yunho oppa if not he will kill him,’ I bite my lower lips and looked down, ‘I hurt Yunho oppa for no reason.’

“After you left me that night I wanted to go after you, but I received a call from the hospital. They told me that...Suhwan di-ed.” Yunho oppa couldn’t hold the tears back anymore.

I stared at him with wide eyes and gasped, “ De-ad?” I shook my head in disbelief, ‘Suhwan died. Yunho oppa was alone in a tough situation and I left him without thinking once.’ I threw my arms around Yunho oppa’s neck and hugged him tightly, “I’m sorry oppa, I didn’t know that you were having a hard time. I’m sorry.”

 

*NARRATOR’S POV*

Yunho wrapped his arm around Changmi’s waist and pulled her closer to him, “It’s not your fault. It was Minwoo’s fault. He threatened both of us,” he whispered in her ears.

Changmi buried her face deeper in his neck and cried softly, “I’m sorry for ignoring you. I’m sorry for being stupid, for being selfish, and for hurting you, oppa.”

Yunho cupped her face and kissed her tears slowly, “Please don’t cry.” He whispered and gazed into Changmi’s eyes romantically making her melt. “My angel, don’t waste your tears for something you didn’t do. Minwoo should be blamed because he started all this. I followed him because I loved you and Suhwan. While you agreed to him because you loved me a lot and didn’t want me to get hurt. That was the sweetest thing that a girlfriend could do for her boyfriend. If you were a different girl, then I bet, she won’t admit to Minwoo that I was her boyfriend. You were willing to hurt yourself just to see me safe.” He rested his forehead against Changmi’s forehead.

“But oppa… I didn’t believe you... I’m not a perfect girlfriend.” Changmi whispered and the back of his neck.

“No, to my eyes you are perfect enough. Ever since you left me, I can’t stop thinking about you. I missed you a lot. I prayed to God everyday hoping you could be in my arm again, so I could hold onto you tightly and never let you go again. I love you, Kim Changmi, and I always will. I’m sorry for being a jerk back then and hurting you a lot while you were trying very hard to make our relationship stronger. I’m sorry,” he gave a soft peck on her lips.

“It’s okay, oppa. Everything that happened in the past needs to stay in the past. You are here with me now, holding me close to you just like in the old days,” she smiled at him and his cheek gently, “I missed you, Jung Yunho. You don’t know how much I wanted to meet you and hugged you like this.”

“I missed you more. My life seemed so empty ever since you stepped out from my life. Now would you like to step inside again, my dear beautiful angel?” Yunho kissed her hand gently and placed it on his chest. “Can you feel this? It’s thumping like crazy because you are near me. I can’t listen to anything except your soothing voice.” He sincerely said and smiled charmingly at Changmi to which she his chest slowly with a light blush, “Of course, Jung Yunho. I want to be inside your heart again. This time I don’t want to come out because it is my real home.” Yunho gave Changmi a wide smile and suddenly pulled her into a breathtaking kiss.

He pulled away a little to catch his breath, “I love you very much, Kim Changmi.”.

“Same goes with me, Jung Yunho. I love you a lot.” She smiled and the back of his neck slowly while gazing into his eyes.

Yunho leaned closer to Changmi’s face and captured her soft lips into another sweet kiss. They shared a long and deep kiss under the moonlight near the Hankang River. This night was by far the best night for Changmi and Yunho.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~