Appearances Can Be Deceiving

Recuperating From The Past

*Narrator’s POV*

A month had passed since Jaejoong had rescued Yunho and brought him to his house. Jaejoong had assure Yunho that he was safe as long as he stay with him and cut all ties with the gang. The emotionless man had agreed to stay with the gangster, but on one condition: Yunho can join Jaejoong’s gang. The leader of the gang understood Yunho’s need for money and did not hesitate once in saying yes.


On the outside the two appeared to dislike each other, but deep inside the two men cared for each other. As time passed, their friendship got deeper and deeper.

*Yunho’s POV*

I sat in the living room, staring at the cream colored ceiling, lost in thoughts about a few things which included my life, the situation I was in, and mostly about…a sigh escaped my lips. Just then I heard the door to the house open and knew Jaejoong had returned. Judging for his light, noiseless footstep, I figure that he did not want me to know he had come back. Sitting up in a straight position I caught a glimpse of him. His face was colorless, his shirt was dirty and torn, his left arm was covered in blood, while his left arm was filled with bruises. ‘He got into another fight! I can’t believe this guy.’


“Another fight?” I asked in an unhappy voice after I walked up to him.


“Why do you care? It’s not like I’m your SON” Jaejoong responded with his back turned to me as his footsteps moved away from me.


I whacked his head, “Stop being childish!” Taking a firm hold of his wrist, I pulled him to the couch and order him to sit down, “Sit here.” Quickly I made my way to the bathroom to get the first aid kid to bandage his injuries. Returning to the living room, I took a seat beside him, “You look like a walking dead.” I mumbled while wiping away the blood on his arm.


“ Wal-walk what? MR. SUPERMARKET PLEASE! JUST DO YOU JOB AND STOP NAGGING!” He rolled his eyes as if he was irritated with me.


“Shut your stink mouth” I gritted my teeth and pressed his bruise to get him to be quiet.


“OWW.. WHY ARE YOU SO HARSH?!You are not helping at all, I will do it on my own!” Jaejoong roughly grabbed the towel from my hand and began to clean the red stains from his arm.


“I SAID SHUT UP!” Glaring at him, I knocked his head, snatched the towel back, and continued to clean his arm.  Shortly after I finished bandaging his injures and treating his bruises as Jaejoong quietly sat, staring at the carpeted floor.


“Go rest walking dead, don’t sneak out and fight again” I said under my breath before getting up and walking to my room. 

 

~NEXT DAY~

*Jaejoong’s POV*

I fidgeted in the kitchen, silently watching Yunho staring at the television screen, but his mind was somewhere else. ‘He calls me a walking dead but he is the one who sits around all day, lost in his thoughts.’ Shaking my head, I still couldn’t believe that such a stubborn, callous man helped me yesterday. ‘He might have a heart after all…but he needs to learn how to have fun!’ I leaned against the refrigerator, trying to come up with an idea that could help him relax and get his mind away from his stressful life. ‘Got it!’ 


After a long day of doing nothing, it was finally midnight and Yunho was already asleep in his room while I was laying on the couch waiting for the clock to strike twelve o’clock. Getting up, I sneakily opened the door to his room and tippy toed inside. My eyes scanned the room but they stopped on an object sitting on Yunho’s bed, next to him, ‘Is that a—teddy bear?’ My jaw slightly dropped as I approached his bed to make sure that I was not dreaming.


*Yunho’s POV*

My eyes immediately opened when I heard steps approaching my bed, ‘A thief?’ I waited patiently for him to come closer; as soon as he came within my arm’s length, I gripped him hand firmly and gave it a hard squeeze.


I felt the thief wince, “ OUCHHH! LET GO OF ME MISTER SUPERMARKET!”


‘Jaejoong?’ My eyes widened, “WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM? It is rude to intrude in someone else’s room. Manners, Kim Jaejoong.” I purposely emphasized the “manners” part.


“Manners, my ! THIS ROOM IS IN MY HOUSE, SO THIS IS ALSO MY ROOM!” I could not see his expressions in the dark but I knew very well that he was angry and in pain.


“FINE!” I rolled my eyes and released his bruised hand.


“OH WAIT! HEY MR. SUPERMARKET, LET’S HANG OUT SOMEWHERE!” He yelled while rubbing the hand that I had grabbed.


“YOU’RE TOO LOUD. SHUT UP.” I gave him a cold stare as I sat up on the bed and yawned tiredly.


He sat down on the bed next to me and grabbed the teddy bear that was next to me, “Cute teddy bear, I never know you are into this kind of stuff. Cool man! Urm....are you gay inside or something?”


Swiftly I hit the back of his head and seized the fluffy toy away from him, “HOW DARE YOU TOUCH THAT?! DON’T TOUCH IT!”


Jaejoong raised his hand, startled from my sudden anger filled reaction, “Sorry. Hey come on let’s go out! How about we go to a nightclub?”


“No.” I replied, narrowing my eyes.


“Yes.”


“No.”


“YES!” He winced again, still in pain from my grasping his hand, “WHAT AN OLD SCHOOLER! YOU SERIOSLY ARE SO BORING. WHY DON’T WE HAVE SOME FUN? IT’S WON’T HURT YOU TO HAVE FUN!”


“I’M SLEEPY! JUST MIND YOU OWN BUSINESS!” I laid back down and covered my ears using my pillows, wishing that he would just go away.


“COME ON!” Jaejoong tugged my hand as hard as he could manage to, “I don’t want you to be a nerd and stay cooped up in this house. COME ON! COME ON! COME ON!”


I felt my cheeks heating up, “FINE!” I screamed, sitting back up and jerking my arm away from his grasp. ‘He can be so clingy’ I grabbed my jacket getting ready to fulfill Jaejoong’s request.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

To our lovely subscribers: Puff_Michelle, Hyemunvee, and dorkistic_chazzie 

Thanks for subscribing! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!

(Credit to nekousagi_chan for the image)

For the rest of you, be awesome and subscribe, upvote, and comment!