Sera's First Love

Recuperating From The Past

*Sera’s POV*

I plopped on my bed and cringed my nose in annoyance as the memories of me and L bothered my mind again. Last few weeks I couldn’t stop thinking about him and I didn’t know what was happening to me. “Am in love with L?” I mumbled silently with my eyes closed.

“In love with WHO?” Changmi unnie screamed out excitedly as she jumped beside me and shook my arm. “Ya, in love with who? You have a boyfriend already? Who is he? Where did you meet him? Since when are you guys dating?”  Changmi unnie bombarded me with thousands of questions.

I sat up, “Aish unnie, why you such a busy body? I told you, I’m single.” I shrugged her hand off from my arm and lied back on bed.

“Ya Sera, tell me who is he? L is the name?” she said and lied beside me, facing me but I remained silent and lost in my deep thought.


*FLASHBACK*

It was recess time and I made my way to canteen to buy some food. I tried to find a seat, but it was full so I just decided to eat in one of my classrooms.

As I about to walk I bumped into someone, spilling my coffee onto my school uniform. I bowed slightly, “I’m sorry.” The person grasped my hand sending a magic feeling inside my body.

“Where are you going? It was my fault.” His voice was so smooth and gentle causing me to lift my head and look at him. He was so adorable with his puffy cheeks along with his dreamy eyes and smile. His cute lips form a gentle smile. He was perfect.

I pulled back my hand, “It’s okay.” I walked away and smiled to myself as my cheeks started to heat up.

‘Oh gosh why do I feel this way? He is one of the most perfect guys that I have ever seen.’ I started to fall in love with this mystery guy until the nightmare came when the Kim L guy appeared in my life and completely ruined it.

Not long after that, I found out the mystery guy was called Jung Haewon and he was L’s friend, so I decided to forget him because I assumed that Haewon’s attitude was just like that of L. I was tired of dealing with the same jerks and with that, my first love slowly faded away from my heart.

*END OF FLASHBACK*


I felt Changmi unnie poking my cheek, causing me to groan and gave her a look, “What is that for, unnie?”

“You haven’t answered my question yet. Who is the L guy?” She raised her eyebrow and smiled mischievously at me.

“I told you before that he was the guy who dropped my necklace inside the drain.” I mumbled with eyes closed.

“OMO. So it was him? L. Geez, if I meet him, I will kick him hard on his face or whichever part you want me to kick him on.” Changmi unnie babbled away. I giggled cutely at her cuteness and faced her. She was my long lost cousin and out of the blue we met again last year. I found her sleeping on the bench and her condition was very pathetic so I decided to bring her back with me. Plus I was lonely sine I lived alone so Changmi unnie’s presence made my life brighter again after my mom’s death. Ever since that day, Changmi unnie lived with me, and we became close like old days. She was a good listener and fighter and she was always there for me, willing to listen to my every problem. Even though she had a serious problem with a guy named Yunho, she never once let that come between the two of us.

I opened my eyes and looked at her, “Unnie, how are you doing with Yunho oppa?”

“I m-et him last week…” I could see the sadness inside her eyes.

“Did you talk to him? Did you tell him why you left him?”

“No, he is married. I saw him with a baby girl.” She answered while trying to hold back her tears.

I touched her hand “Unnie, you need to talk to him. If you keep on running away from him, it will only hurt you more.”

Unnie shook her head and started to cry, “There’s nothing to discuss.  He cheated on me. I left him because of that jerk, Minwoo. He threatened me that he was going to kill Yunho oppa. I also was very pissed off because he lied to me about his job and his life.”

I shifted closer to her and hugged her tightly, “It is your past. Go on with your life. I don’t want you to live under Yunho oppa’s shadow.”.

She hugged me back and cried softly, “Thank you, Sera”. I felt bad for her and it hurt me to see her crying like this.

‘Am I being that fake? I’m just like unnie, living under L’s shadow.’ I shook my head at the thought and patted Changmi’s unnie back soothingly.

Changmi unnie pulled back the hug and blinked at me with her wet eyes, “Are you trying to change the L topic?” She gave me a sudden smirk.

“YA! Why are you bringing up the topic again? I thought you were crying!”

She giggled and wiped her tears, “You always know how to change the topic. Now tell me, do you love L?”

‘She is the real fighter here because she can still smile even though she is in pain?’ I chuckled at the thought and flicked her forehead.

“I don’t love him. Stop asking unnie. I still have my senses.” I crossed my arms in disapproval.

“Geez, you are such a bad liar. I told you what before that to not hate him too much. In the end you might fall in love with him. Now it’s proven right.” She childishly stuck her tongue at me.

“Fortune teller.” I muttered and rolled my eyes in annoyance.

I was confused with my own feeling. Obviously L was not my first love because I loved Jung Haewon, but unfortunately it was a temporary feeling. After I found out that he was L’s friend, I decided to avoid him as much as I possible could.

‘Maybe I’m in love with L?’ I growled in frustration at my silly thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone up in the New York area please take care of yourself! ><