Destination Date

Recuperating From The Past

*Changmi’s POV*

I made my way back home after getting a few groceries to bake some cookies for Yunho oppa. I did not mind of not having fancy date with him because being with Yunho oppa is all that matters.  The last time I remember we celebrated our valentine together was few years ago pretty much a long time ago. I couldn’t stop smiling as the flashback of our good times ran through my mind; those were good times despite having to face difficulties in maintaining our relationship. We didn’t have any relationship goals like others did, but we believed that as long we had love we would be able to survive in this tough world.

As I went to open the door to my house, I caught a glimpse of Yunho oppa’s shoes in front of the doorsteps. “Oppa is already here…such an impatient oppa.” I made my way inside to find him is sitting comfortably on my couch with his eyes fixed on the television screen.

“You are back.” He arose from his seat and came to give me a tight hug. I snuggled in his arm while nodding my head, “You smell so good, what is the occasion?” I looked up on him and flashed a cute smile.

Oppa frowned, “what do you mean by that? I smell good all the time…but today is special,” he suddenly gave me a cheeky smile. “Go change. We are going somewhere.”

I was puzzled but gave him a slight nod, “I will be back soon.” As I went upstairs, I heard him yelling from outside to bring extra clothes. ‘What is with these extra clothes? Are we eloping or something?’ I still packed a few extra clothes still pondering about our mysterious date.

After packing with my stuff I left a note for Sera and followed Yunho oppa to his car. He helped to buckle my seatbelt and he gave a peck on my lips, “What is with that look? I’m kidnapping you now, so bear with me.”

I blushed and mumbled, “That is illegal, oppa.”

“Everything is legal on Valentine Day.” With that he started the engine and drove off from my place to an unknown destination. He kept quiet the whole journey aside from changing CDs or humming to the songs that were blasting through the radios. I couldn’t stop staring him because he was way too handsome and it had been a while since I had gotten a chance to study his handsome face. I looked out the window wondering where we were since it seems like we are leaving the busy town. I couldn’t no longer see any fancy buildings and traffic jammed or hear sound from construction site.

“Where are we heading to, Yun oppa? Are we spending the night there? I can’t leave my job because I haven’t told karam oppa. What if Sera gets worried?” I started to ramble questions that linger inside my mind but he just gave my hand a light squeeze. He brought my hand to his mouth and kissed it, “I already settled that so calm down and just enjoy this.” I pouted at his answer because he never gave me definite answers to my questions.

The journey was approximately 3 hours long and my body got a little numb from sitting too long. Once I got out from the car, I saw a beautiful place with a view of a small lake with clear water and tall, tree-covered mountains.

“Getting awed? I picked the best place, didn’t I?” He said while pulling items out from the car for me to only realize that he had brought a lot of camping gear. I tilted my head, Um…are we going to set up a tent and spending a night here?”

“Sounds like a good idea. I was planning to build a house here for us to stay inside.” He smirked playfully causing me to purse my lips.

“We are going to camp here. This seems like a perfect date for Valentine’s Day. Away from all the people and city life.”

“I should have prepared something for you but well something happened. I am sorry” I felt guilty suddenly for making him do this even though I had given up my arrangement fir a good cause. I was planning to lead this valentine and make good memories together.

“Then I’m one step ahead,” he flashed a charming smile, “Seriously Changmi ah don’t be sorry, I would rather plan something for us. Nothing fancy but I swear it will be meaningful.”

Both of us started to unpack and set up the tents for us to rest in at night. The tents were not only huge enough to fit both of us but also very comfortable. Yunho oppa was so focus in doing his task that I couldn’t stop staring at him again. My heart flutters every time he does these little things for me.

“It is getting darker. I will make a fire, so we can rest after this.”

I was getting giddy inside because it has been so long since the last time we spent our Valentine’s together. I couldn’t imagine what more was waiting for me tonight; I want to cherish every moment with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My hand is a little better, so I will try to return to the normal updating schedule!