A Bitter Past (Part 1)

Recuperating From The Past

*Jaejoong’s POV*

As the night came, I made my way to Yunho hyung’s room as I was way too curious about the girl that I saw with Yun earlier today. They were having a very serious conversation but the only words that I heard were “Don’t talk to me. I hate you, Jung Yunho. Thanks for make me wait like this for a year and a half!” I wondered what that girl meant by making her wait for a year and a half.


‘AH, I need to ask him otherwise I’m going to go crazy!’ I took a deep breath and knocked on Yun’s door, ‘I hope he is still awake.’


Yunho hyung groggily opened the door and frowned, “What do you want, Jaejoong?”


His eyes looked very puffy making me awkwardly clear my throat, “Yun, can I come in? I want to ask you something important.”


He heaved a heavy sigh before he nodded and stepped away, giving me way to enter the room. I walked inside and sat on the leather couch, tapping my foot impatiently. He closed the door and sat across me and leaned back on the sofa, “Why are you so serious, Jae? What you want to know?”


“Yun, actually I saw you having a serious conversation with a girl earlier on‒the girl named Changmi?” I hesitated to start my sentences at first but manage to let it out.


His eyes widened, “Ho-w did you know that she is Changmi?” He sat up straight and giving me a stiff stare.

 

*Yunho’s POV*

‘Did he see everything? Oh my god, no.’ I gulped and looked at him, “H-ow did you know that she is Changmi?” I sat up straight wanted some explanation from him.


“At the park I was searching for you and Chinnie when I saw you screaming after a girl and calling her Changmi. After what I saw today, I assumed that the girl is Changmi. Am I right?”


It was hard to open the wounds again but sooner or later, Jaejoong will find out the truth. “Yes, the girl was Changmi.” I sighed heavily once again, “A girl that I loved and still do.”


I decided to open up to him, “The thing is complicated. I loved her a lot, but we needed to for our separate ways for good. It has been a year and a half since we separated.”


“You guys broke up?” Jaejoong asked.


“No, our relationship is hanging till now because both of us couldn’t decide it yet.” I looked down and closed my eyes. Jaejoong remained silent waiting for me to continue but I needed a moment to gather my strength before continuing.

 

*Jaejoong’s POV*

“I saved Changmi from getting killed by a loan shark that night. She was in shock, so I decided to bring her back to my house. Ever since that day she lived with me and I start to fall in love with her bit by bit. Every day my life was perfect with her smile and laughter, and every single thing about her made me happy.”


‘That was a huge reason for hyung to cry yesterday.’ I thought and continued listening to his past.


“I was alone because my parents were no more and my brother was fighting for his life in the hospital. I didn’t have anyone in my life until Changmi came with her cheerful and bubbly personality. She cherished my life. I joined the gang because I need money to pay for my brother’s hospital bills.” Yunho hyung held back his tears.


“What happen with your brother?” I looked at him with sympathy.


Yunho hyung hung his head down, “He suffered from terminal blood cancer. At first he didn’t want to get any treatment because he was stubborn. He didn’t want to see me worked for him but I managed to get him to agree to go through the treatment. Doctor told me the treatment could help him survive at least one more year. I don’t care I wanted to see him alive as long as I could but I need money to pay the costly bills so I joined a gang for my brother’s sake.” He paused and wiped away his tears.


“What happen to him, Yun?” I asked but regretted it as soon as I saw a painful change in his expressions.


“He passed away a one and a half year ago.” His words caused me to stiffen, and once again tears started to roll down Yunho’s cheeks. I sat beside him and patted his back, “I’m sorry to hear that, Yun.”


He shook his head and squeezed my shoulder softly, “It’s okay. I bet he is happy in the heaven now.” He gave a bitter smile.


“Then how does is this thing related to Changmi? Why did she leave you?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Omg I just realized that I accidentally left this chapter as a draft! >< This was meant for the saturday update. I am sooo sorry!!! T_T