The Truth Behind His Eyes

Recuperating From The Past

Author's note: This story is going to be from the characters' POV to make things more interesting! Enjoy! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Jaejoong’s POV*

Sitting on the leather couch, I studied the sleeping face of the man lying on another sofa in front of mine. ‘I am relieved that I reached him on time, their plan did not succeed.’ I was busy lingering in my thoughts that I did not notice that he had awaken and was struggling to sit up.

 

“Please don’t try to get up.” Quickly rushing to his side, I held onto his shoulder and gently pushed him back onto the couch until his head touched the leather seat. His stone cold brown eyes stared me with confusion and pain but he remained silent.

 

“Jung Yunho, right?” I managed to force a small smile onto my face as I patiently waited for his answer. He simply gave a nod. “You really don’t like talk much do you?” A chuckled escaped my mouth, “You remember me? I am the leader of the gang that rivals the gang you belong to; you even saved me once from being kidnapped by your gang.”

 

“Kim Jaejoong…You talk too much. You are confusing me” He mumbled without looking at me.

 

“You remembered my name. Listen there is something that I have to tell you-” I rubbed the back of my head but was interrupted before I could finish my sentence.

 

“Why should I trust anything you say?” He asked in a dry voice, moving his gaze back to meet mine.

 

“Just for fun of course. Listen dude, I am not going to kill you.” I sighed and shrugged my shoulder, as I expected he stayed silent, so I continued talking. “Why are you involved in that gang? Are you trying to dig your own grave?”

 

“What do you mean by that? They are helping me and are not bad.”

 

A smirk formed on my lips, “You are such an immature gangster; I am still wondering how they chose you to be a part of their gang. You seem clueless about everything”

 

“Just get straight to the point. If you want to kill me, do it right now, and stop teaching me how to be a REAL gangster.” He said in an irritated tone, heavily emphasizing the word ‘real’.

 

“You are hot tempered. Okay I will stop making you mad.” I raised my hands in defense against his intense cold glare.

 

“Your gang is actually your true rival; they were planning to use you.” I admitted the truth to him in hopes that he would believe me, but Yunho remained a statue.

“Look, you are such a stupid guy! Can’t you use your brain?! You have nothing left. It is not like you are the son of Bill Gates. After they got what they wanted with you, they were going to kill you! Why do you want to be in their gang so badly?” I lost control of my temper as I yelled at him for his idiotic decision making.

 

“You won’t understand. Never” He shifted his eyes from me to the glass table located a few inches away from the sofa we were sitting on.

 

“For money?” I asked with a smug expression on my visage, “Ah looks like nowadays money is everything even if it means having to face death.” 

 

“I told you, you won’t understand” he mumbled under his breath.

 

“Hey dude, come on let’s be friends,” I held out my hand for him, but he ignored me. I pulled my hand back, “Fine, now just tell me why you joined them? I mean you look like a rich guy that owns many supermarkets.” I couldn’t stop myself from laughing at my witty dialog. Yunho didn’t agree with me though because he gave me another one of his spine-chilling glares.

 

“Okay okay, I am kidding, don’t give me that death glare, it’s scary…” I said in a low voice and scratched the back of my neck. “So why did you join them? Why did you have to choose them? Did you investigate who they are first?” 

 

He shrugged.

 

‘Aish this guy is emotionless….’ I thought to myself, waiting patiently for him to say something.

 

“I joined them because I needed money fo-” He came to a sudden halt and became hesitant.

 

I clasped my hand together, “Bingo! See I told you, it’s all about money.”

 

Yunho rolled his eyes and shot one of his famous glares yet again.

 

“Okay fine, I will shut up, continue where you stopped.” I slowly pressed my lips in firm line.

 

“I need money for someone that I really love…” He let out a heavy sigh and closed his eyes tightly. I was getting more curious about his story so I urged him to tell me more, “For your mom? Dad? Or maybe wife…?”

 

He immediately gave me a fierce look, causing me to become quiet on the spot.

 

“Is that all? Are you sure you are not a police officer? You are asking too many questions.”

 

“Really? Just that? Nothing more? What type of sacrifice is that? Wow, I really can’t believe you fight for nothing.” I gave a bewildered look.

 

“You won’t understand until you learn how to love someone” He smirked. Right as he said that I saw a glimpse of sadness and pain in his eyes, something that I would never have imagined for him to show. ‘This seems like a girl matter…he must be doing everything for her.’ I coughed and got up, “I’m going out for a while. Don’t go out of this house; stay here because I don’t want you to die outside.”

 

“Again, why should I trust you? Why are you ordering me around?”

 

“Hey at least you can thank me for saving you life. You have no sense” With those last few words, I walked out of my house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys liked the first chapter! Please subscribe, upvote, and comment!! *PUPPY EYES*

(Image doesn't belong to us. Credit to the creator!)