Friends

The Switch

Jinwoo's Pov:

We all got comfortable in her livingroom.

I rushed to the hammock, while Taehyun ran to couch with the pillows and layed down and Seungyoon and Seunghoon sat down on the other couch.

Aaliah was pouting and sighing in the kitchen.

"Whine all you want, we're still coming with you" Seungyoon said.

I could hear her sigh again and we the tv.

~~~

Maybe we got too comfortable.

Mino finally came back from the shower after 20 minutes.

"Put some clothes on!" Taehyun threw one of the pillows from the couch, at him.

"I got my clothes wet and I need to borrow a spare" He threw the pillow back.

"Hey Aaliah" He began heading towards the kitchen. "Do you think I could borrow Soryo-" 

He walked back into the livingroom. 

"Did Aaliah go in her room?" He asked.

"Uhh I dont think so" Seunghoon said. "I thought she was still pouting in the kitchen"

"Im gonna check upstairs" I said.

I got out the comfortable hammock and made my way upstairs. 

I knocked on the door.

"Are you in there?" I asked. 

Theres was no answer. Maybe she's sleep.

"Im gonna open the door" I tried again.

Still no answer.

I slowly opened the door and it was empty. I looked through the closet and in the bathroom and she was nowhere to be found.

"Guys!" I yelled from the stairs.

 

Aaliah's Pov:

I sat down next to Soryong as I finished decorating his hospital room.

I grabbed his hand and looked at his unopened eyes. 

"Happy Birthday baby" I whispered, scared that I was going to start crying again.

~~~

I probably looked crazy but I was talking to him just hoping that he was listening, as he would when he was awake.

I looked at my watch and it was 5:52pm and I decided I should go to the garden roof top to see what he wanted.

I sliced a piece of cake and put it on a paper plate.

Maybe this could be the start of a new friendship. I thought to myself, as I was inside the elevator.

I slowly made my way through the doors and was amazed at the sight.

The rooftop was light up by candles and out of nowhere, someone jumped from behind a bush and blew a party horn.

I jumped and almost dropped the plate of cake out my hand.

The plate was then taken from my hands. 

"Is this for me?" He asked.

"Yes. But what is all this?" I pointed to all candles.

"It is Soryongs birthday isnt it?" 

"Um yes, and how would you know that?" I was confused.

"I went to visit him, just like you did with Kali" He began. "I felt really bad for all the things I had did to you, so I went to apologize and I found his file. I saw his birthday was soon and I decided to celebrate it with you" 

"How did you know that I would come here to celebrate his birthday?" Man he really is like a stalker. But I guess its not so harmful.

"Because" He sighed. "You didnt want him to wake up on his birthday and be alone. You want your face to be the first thing that he sees when he wakes up. You feel guilty for leaving him alone and living your life while he's stuck, hooked up to a machine.

 He nailed it to the exact tee. Thats exactly how I felt these past weeks. Guilty. 

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Thats exactly how I feel" He sat down on a bench and I sat next to him.

"Which is why I wanted to make it up to you" He said. "I am so very sorry for what I did to you. I realize now and should have realized then, how much pain and suffering this has caused you. If I could change the past and take back what I did and said, I would. It was wrong, stupid, and immature of me to do what I did. And now that I see how much my actions have hurt you, I realized how much of my dignity and respect has gone down. My mother and Kali would and should be disappointed with my behavior and I wouldnt blame them. Please allow me to show you how much of a good person I am and we can fight through this tragic situation together" He finished talking.

I dont know when he did, or how I didnt feel it, but he was gripping my hand and I felt that his apology was truely sincere and he feels terrible for what he has done. 

"I.." I began. "I do accept your apology. I think that we all just handle greif and stress differently, although I dont agree with your way of handling it" We laughed a little. "The best way to get through this is to do it together, and so I would love to see the real you and become friends" I smiled.

"Thats great" He said. "By the way, im Rome" He held out his hand.

"Aaliah" I shook his hand as we offically greeted each other.

"I want that cake now" He said.

~~~

A few hours later, I made my way back down with Rome as we were heading back to our significant others.

"So i'll see you later?" He asked as he reached his door.

"Yeah" I smiled and waved.

I continued to my door and once I opened it, I was greeted by 5 angry men.

The room was painfully quiet.

I walked inside and closed the door, prepared to hear my never ending lecture.