The Letter Pt. 2

The Switch

*Soryong's Pov*

I woke up on the bed in Daeryong's guest room. 

Im glad that he got a promotion that allowed him to move up here, now we can regain that close relationship we once had.

I saw there was a note on the desk so I picked it up and it read:

Hey So, went out to do some shopping. Didnt want to wake you since I know you've been up all night. Man get your life together! Love ya, eat something!

xxDae

I sighed and put the note down.

I went to the kitchen and made me something to eat.

I just fixed a basic sandwich and went back in the room and ate it, watching tv.

5 minutes later, I heard the door opening meaning Daeryong was back.

"Hey So, you awake?" I heard downstairs.

"Yeah man, im up here" I yelled back.

I heard footsteps getting closer and then Dae came inside the room.

"Guess who I ran into while shopping?" He asked.

I looked at him as in saying 'just tell me'.

"The woman you should be with right now! Man I know your upset but I think you should talk instead of ignoring her. If you dont want to be with her, then tell her, dont leave her waiting" He said.

"Here. She told me to give this to you" He threw an envelope at me. "You better read it!" He said as he left the room.

I opened up the envelope. The first thing I noticed was the paper she used.

It was paper she used to use when we first dated. I cant believe she had this paper.

I looked at the long letter and began to read outloud:

Dear So,

I know you are more hurt than angry. Trust me, it was never my intention. Sometimes, things are complicated.  It was never my intention to lie to you, I never have had to. And you know this. In all these years, we've shared our deepest feelings, our most complex emotions. Why then would I not tell you something so naive? Yes, I did love Rome. However, this was when I thought I wasnt going to have you in my life anymore. It wasn't something worth discussing because as soon as you woken up I realized that I loved you now more than I ever, and in just a few days, I forgot all about him. All I need in life is you and what me and him had was just to fill the emptiness in my heart that I didnt have because you werent here with me. I know it was a terrible mistake and I still could have told you about it, but you and Rome becoming friends just complicated the whole thing. I'm sorry you had to know about this in these circumstances. I can completely understand how it must have been for you to get to know about this in front of so many people. It isn't their fault either, I told them not to tell you, so you can hate me for that too. All I want to say is I'm sorry, and trust me, this apology means a lot to me. I know you dont want to see me and that's why I can't do this in person. Maybe I'm a coward for not trying harder to see you, maybe I'm just bad at confrontation. However, whether in person or through this letter, it is important that my apology reaches you. I love you, more than what both of us know. I'm sure our love that we shared was so strong that we can look past this. Whenever you're ready, let's talk this out and give this relationship one more chance. I really do love you, more than anything.

Love,

Aaliah

 

...

 I see that you've moved on, its okay i'll be fine. It just might take me a while to get over you so if you see me glance at you from time to time, please do not mind, dont feel sorry for me. I'll pick myself up. Im assuming you'll be moving out, should I just send your things to Dae's house. Just let me know. I just want you to know that I will always have love for you and that you were truely my first love.

Hope you have a lovely life ahead of you, and I really do mean that So.

- xox

 

 

I didnt realize that I was crying until I was done reading the letter.

This isnt how I wanted it to end up.

I was just taking time to myself and I realized that no matter how bad she hurt me, theres no one else I want to be with and I can forgave all that she's done.

I have to figure out how im going to fix this and I have to do it fast.

 

*Taehyun's Pov*

I was hanging out with Aaliah after she went shopping.

She said she wanted to show me her new dress that she bought.

We were debating on what shoes went best, when my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I said conufused on why this person was calling me.

"Um yeah" I said. Aaliah looked at me and mouthed 'who is it'.

"Yes.... Okay... Yeah I can meet you there" I told the other person on the line.

"See you later" I hung up.

"Who was that? You looked confused" Aaliah asked.

"It was an old friend from college. She said she's in town and wanted to meet up" I told her.

"Ohh~ Is she pretty? Did you two use to date?" She smiled at me.

"That is none of your business" I smiled back at her.

"Well she wants to meet you, what are you still doing here. Go go" She waved me off.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah im fine. I'll just call Mino to help" She said, grabbing her phone.

She called him, putting the phone on speaker and I waved goodbye.

"Mino!" She said as soon as he answered. "I need you to come over and help me figure out what shoes go well with this dress I bought" I heard her say as I was walking down the hallway.

"Are you serious!? Why me?" I could Mino whining on the other line and I laughed, making my way down the stairs leaving out the house.

I texted her to make sure she locks her door and I got in my car and drove to the destination I was supposed to meet my 'friend'.

I walked into the little cafe and looked around until I saw him.

I walked over and sat down in the seat that was facing him.

He looked up, seeing my arrival.

"Thanks for meeting with me" Soryong said.

"No problem. How do you plan on getting her back?" 

"Well I was thinking since her birthday is in two days, i'll do it then. But im gonna need your guys help"

"We were planning on taking her out so I guess it would work. But I have a question" I said.

"Why did you wait this long?"

Although I told her that she should give him some time, I really wanted to know why he actually waited this long to try and talk to her.

He sighed.

"I wanted to take some time to just figure out what I was feeling and if I could forgive what she did. And I realized that I could forgive anything that she does because thats how much I love her. But when she wrote me that letter, I realized I was too late and that I might have lost her forever and thats not what I want".

Letter?

"What letter?" I asked him.

He reached for his pocket and handed me a piece of folded paper.

I opened it and read it.

It was different reading something that's so personal between them because its a side that i've never seen of her.

It was depressing reading that letter and I felt sad for Soryong.

I folded the letter and gave it back to him.

"So what kind of plan did you have in mind?" I asked him.