A Little Exercise

The Switch

So today's the day, the day Rome and I were going to hang out..as friends that is.

Rome showed up at my door in a muscle tank and shorts.

http://www.polyvore.com/rome/set?id=154739193

I looked down at what I was wearing.

"Why do I get the feeling im not dressed properly?" I said.

"Well I tried to arrive early enough to make sure you were dressed okay, but I guess I wasnt early enough" He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Ugh" I sigh. "Come in and wait"

I held open the door.

I saw Rome immediately sit next to Soryong on the couch and watch Bates Motel with him.

"Is this the new episode?" I heard.

I didnt hear a response because I had already arrived in my room.

"Ugh" I groaned again.

Now I have to find my exercise clothes.

Eventually, I came across my sports bra and shoes.

After a few more minutes of searching, I spotted the rest of the clothes I needed.

http://www.polyvore.com/aaliah/set?id=154742992

I made my way downstairs after changing.

"Oh, have fun babe. He told me where youre going and I wish you the best of luck" Soryong said as soon as I made it down, handing me a water.

I immediately regretted argeeing to hang out.

"T-thanks" I said, gripping the bottle with shaky hands.

"We'll be back soon" I said, hugging Soryong and giving him a kiss on the lips.

"Come back alive" He said, laughing as well.

We walked out the door and headed to his car.

"Geez, what took you so long?" I heard yelling.

Rome was walking in front of me so I didnt notice Bobby sitting in the passenger seat.

"Oh hey Bobby. I didnt know you were coming" I smiled at him, I was glad he was here.

"Yeah, I figured you didnt trust me being alone so I invited him along" Rome said. 

Thank god. I thought.

"Do you want front seat? I can move!" Bobby said unbuckling his seatbelt.

"Oh no its fine. Stay there, please!" I said a little too eagerly.

"Oh, well ok then" He said, as I got in the back seat and Rome got in the car.

Once the engine Bobby smacked his lips.

"Whats wrong?" Rome asked worriedly.

"I left my tanning spray at home. We have to go back and get it" He said.

"Is that okay with you?" He looked back at me.

"Oh no its fine" I nodded my head.

"Selfie time guys" Rome said.

He aimed the camera so that it captured all 3 of us and snapped the picture.

I could tell that it was for snapchat.

He began to drive and rolled down the windows to his BMW and the wind was blowing through my hair. He blasted the radio and Chris Brown's Ayo came on and I found it ironic.

Bobby's house wasnt too far from here so I just enjoyed the ride and people watched from my seat, singing along to the radio.

Once we arrived, Bobby got out the car while Rome and I stayed inside.

"Its hot!" I yelled.

"I know" Rome mumbled while on his phone, probably texting Kali.

A little over 5 minutes, Bobby came back with his tanning spray.

"Took you long enough" Rome joked.

"Sorry" Bobby laughed.

We continued our way to the secret destination and Bobby was mapping the way for Rome on his phone.

After a 20 minute drive, I started noticing where I was being taken.

"Mt. Bukhansan?" I whined.

"Toughen up baby girl" Bobby said, smiling at me from the side view mirrors.

I sighed and it up.

"Now I understand what Soryong meant" I said to no one in partictular.

We pulled into the parking lot of the hiking trail and I took in a deep breath.

I pulled out my phone and snapchat'd the view of the trees.

We walked up a little hill and it gave us about 4 options of which trail we wanted to go on.

"Which one?" Rome asked.

"That one!" Bobby pointed to the all the way on the left side.

I just sighed in response.

Why am I doing this? I thought to myself as I was walking the path.

I kept looking at my surroundings, afraid a wild animal would pop out of nowhere.

I held my breath as we walked through an army of gnats.

I realized after 5 minutes of walking, that I left my water in the car.

I mentally slapped myself. Its okay i'll be fine.

We continued walking and we came across two more paths.

"Which one do we take?" Bobby asked.

"Lets go this way" Rome said.

After 20 seconds, I spoke up.

"Guys this is a bike path"

"Oh ok, lets go the other way" Bobby said.

I rolled my eyes and walked in front of them. 

The hill then started to incline and I could feel myself slipping behind them.

Rome kept pointing out all the blue birds that passed by us.

"I hear they are good luck" He said.

Somehow while walking I ended up way in the back with Rome a few steps ahead of me and Bobby way ahead of us both.

I guess Bobby noticed us falling behind so he stop and waited for us.

No words were spoken between us as the only noise heard was breathing and shoes hitting the dirt.

Rome then took out his phone and started playing music so we could have some sort of entertainment.

We continued to walk and Bobby took out his water, taking a sip and handing it to Rome who took a sip and handed it to me. Of course I took it and drank some.

I felt like I was going to pass out and fall over the cliff the steeper the hill became, so I stayed close to the other side where the mountain was.

I noticed I was falling behind again so I put some pep in my step and pushed myself up the rest of the hill, passing Rome and almost reaching Bobby.

"Wanna stop here and rest a bit?" Bobby asked as I reached him.

I nodded my head as I was unable to speak.

Rome finally caught up with us and Bobby began passing around the water again. Thank the lord for Bobby right now.

We took a few minutes to look at the nature around us and I was able to control my breathing and thats when Bobby said something that made me want to push him over the cliff.

"Okay guys, lets run up this last one"

I sighed and nodded.

Bobby began.

"In 5....4....3...2...1"

Bobby took off going up the hill. Rome and I running at a normal pace.

Bobby at the top and I barely there, I sprinted the rest of the way and stopped 5 steps to the top, followed by Rome.

I couldnt believe the view of the city, it was beautiful.

I took out my phone and took pictures for my snapchat and then soaked up the view for myself.

I looked to my left and I could see there was more to the hike, mentally stabbing myself.

"Hey guys, wanna go back down now?" Bobby asked.

I couldnt hold back my excitement as I agreed.

Rome was also as excited to go back down. You'd think as a personal trainer, this would be something he'd enjoy. But I guess not anymore.

As we went down the hill, it was a little bit easier.

Bobby was way ahead as he began to jog down the hill stopping before he had to go down another hill, waiting for Rome who was way behind me because I was speed walking down the hill.

When Rome and I finally caught up to Bobby, Rome began to run down the hill this time.

Leaving Bobby and I behind, having small talk ever so often.

"He had the same idea I had" I said.

"He went far cause I cant see him anymore" We both laughed.

"You ready?" Bobby asked.

I nodded and we both jogged down the next hill until we spotted Rome standing and waiting for us.

"I couldnt remember which way to go" He said, earning a laugh from us.

"This way" I said, taking the lead.

I walked ahead of them the whole rest of the way back to the car as I could hear them talk to eachother about who had bigger muscles.

I had to hold my breath again as I past the army of gnats once more.

I just rolled my eyes and kept walking until I reached Rome's car and waited for him to unlock it.

Once inside, I felt like I was dying. Not to mention it was 94 degrees outside.

Why out of all the days, would you pick today Rome? I thought to myself.

Bobby began to pass around the water again and I thanked him.

"Omg!" Bobby yelled. 

"I realized I never put on my tanning spray"

Rome and I laughed at how angry he was.

After catching our breaths, Rome started the car and began to drive.

I sat in the back looking out the window, just wanting to go home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys, just wanted to say that 99.8% of this chapter is actually true lol from when I went hiking with my roommate and her friend. Heres a few pictures from my hike.