Im Sorry

The Switch

*The Next Week*

I havent been back to the hospital since the incident that went down. Im sorry Soryong, but I cant risk seeing that guy.

Today is Soryong's birthday, but I still cant decide whether to celebrate alone at home, or with him. Even though he wont be conscious of it.

Right now im at the store, stocking up on groceries and getting ingredients for the cake im planning on baking for him.

"Hmm, Strawberries...check" I crossed it off my list.

"Pineapples..."

"Check!" Someone said behind me. 

I jumped and held my list to my chest. 

"Oh my g--Oh hey!" I said to a laughing Bobby.

"Thats not funny! I thought you were some creeper" I told him, but he continued to laugh.

"Havent seen you around the hospital lately" He said as I began walking away with my cart.

"Yeah, I didnt go all week" 

"How come?" He asked. I looked at him and realized that he didnt have anything with him.

"Did you just come in? Wheres your stuff?" I ignored his question.

"Oh! No im here with Rome. He's shopping, not me" He said.

"Oh" I nod my head as if I know who this Rome guy is.

"You know..." He continues to speak. He's following me as I shop around.

"Rome's really sorry for what happened" He said.

I turned into the next aisle as I look at him.

"Who's Rome?" I asked, just as my cart slightly crashed into another persons cart.

"Im sor-"

I look up and its that guy.

"Oh Rome. There you are!" Bobby said and walked towards the guy. "I was looking at the protein shakes when you disappeared. But look who I found! I was just telling her how sorry you were" Bobby finally finished talking and didnt notice the staring contest the guy and I were having.

So he is Rome.

"Sorry" I said and turned my cart around and tried to leave.

"Wait, hold up" I heard and felt my arm being softly grabbed.

"Listen. Im sorry, I didnt mean for anything to go that far. I know that, that accident was my fault as well, I just dont know how to grieve well. Please believe me" He pleaded.

"Umm-"

"If you dont believe me, meet me at the hospital garden at 6 tonight"

"Aaliah!?" I heard. 

*Sigh* I know that voice.

I turn around and put on my best smile.

"Hello Mino" I said.

He looked from me, to Rome, to his grip on my arm.

Rome let go of my arm and he and Bobby began to walk away.

"Remember what I said. 6 o'clock!" He said his final words as they turned into the next aisle.

I faced Mino again and smiled.

"What are you doing here?" I tried to start a conversation.

"No no no. What was that? Why was he grabbing your arm? Did he hurt you?" He asked question after question.

"Mino, chill. He was just apologizing" 

"Whats this about "6 o'clock" then?" He said, mimicking the way he said 6pm.

"Its none of your business" I told him.

"Yes it is my business, because youre not going!"  He firmly said.

"Excuse you, you cant tell me where I can and cant go. Plus who said I was even gonna go?" I snapped at him.

I was too irritated to finish shopping, so I headed for the register.

I went to a self check out and began scanning my items as Mino continued to talk.

"Im just looking out for you. No need to get so mad at me" He said, softly.

I sighed and stopped scanning and looked at him.

"Okay. Im sorry I snapped at you, but I dont need you guys handling all my business for me" I felt guilty for yelling at him. He's done nothing but protect me and I hate when he's sad.

"I accept your apology" He smiled.

"But youre still not gonna see him"

"You cant stop me" I said as I payed for my purchase. 

Mino was using the register after me and I took that as my oppurtunity to slip away.

"Goodbye Mino!" I said, walking out the store.

I could hear him pleading for me to wait for him, but I didnt.

~~~

I finished baking the cake.

I decided to go see Soryong. 

What if he woke up on his birthday and im not there to celebrate it with him? Also, im going to see what Rome wants. Maybe we can settle all this drama.

I covered up the cake and began to walk to the door when it opened and 5 sets of eyes were staring back at me.

"Where are you going?" Seunghoon said.

"You told them!" I yelled at Mino. 

"That's not whats important" Jinwoo spoke.

"You are not going to see him!" Taehyun said. "And you baked him a cake?"

"No! This is for Soryong, idiots. Its his birthday" I said with a slight attitude.

"Ohh" They all stepped in my house. 

"Um, what are you doing?" I asked.

"Were coming with you! Mino just needs to shower really quick" Seungyoon said.

"Yeah cause someone didnt wait for me and had me running to the parking lot!" Mino said angrily.

"Seriously?" I complained.

They all got comfortable while Mino went upstairs to shower.

I have to find out how to sneak out of here.