The Letter

The Switch

Taehyun and Jinwoo stayed with me the whole night.

I tried calling Soryong all night but his phone went straight to voicemail.

"Do you guys think its really over? I want him to at least tell me how he's feeling so I can leave him alone" I said calling again for the 45th time.

Jinwoo came up to me and took the phone out my hand.

"Maybe you should try giving him time to think. If you keep calling him he might lash out and say something that will destroy what you have permanently". He explained to me.

"Ugh" I sighed and laid on the couch. 

"What am I supposed to do until then. How long should I wait?" I asked.

"Maybe two weeks?" Taehyun answered.

"Two weeks!?" I yelled. "I cant even be apart from him for 2 hours" I started frowning again.

"Just spend the next few weeks trying to figure out how youre going to make it up to him. You just need to give him time to clear his head and then maybe he'll be willing to talk to you" Taehyun said.

"Maybe you're right" I mumbled.

"We are" They both said.

 

*One Week Later*

Its a been a week and I havent heard from Soryong. 

I spent my week coming up with ideas and things to buy him to show how sorry I was. But then I remembered that Soryong isnt a materialistic guy, it would probably upset him saying that 'I cant buy him back'. It then hit me, when he and I first started dating, I used to write love letters to him all the time. He said that was one his favorite things I would give him.

I ran down to the basement of our house and began searching through our boxes that we never unpacked since our move until I finally found what I was looking for.

The girly paper I would write the letters on, but now im so embarrassed that I would purchase something as cheesy as this.

I searched for a pen and I began to write.

~~~

Another week passed and I still hadnt heard from Soryong.

"Ugh this waiting thing " I whispered to myself.

I was at work and my students were taking a short test and then I was going to have them watch a movie that had nothing to do with the class.

I was too upset to teach something that wasnt even going to be on their final test anyway.

But hey, they didnt mind, they were gonna watch a movie!

The bell had rang in the middle of the movie and I told them we would finish the movie the following day and they cheered and exited the room.

Once I was all by myself, I took out the letter I had wrote out of my purse. Ready to give it to Soryong when I saw him.

Whenever I saw him in the hallway these past few days, he would look away and ignore my presence or walk away when he saw me heading his way. Many students asked if we were okay, because they could sense something was wrong between us. Some of the students who had both him and I as teachers said that they saw him without his ring on. I just told them we were fine and there was nothing to worry about. I hope he was saying the same thing to his students as well.

"Im so hungry!" I heard Soryong's voice. I looked towards the door and I saw him pass by.

Advantages and Disadvantages of him being so tall.

I headed over to the door so I could hand him the letter but as soon as I opened the door, I was bombarded back in.

"What the heck!" I yelled at Mino.

"What are you eating?" He asked.

"Um, idk. Let me out so I can figure that out" I tried pushing pass him but he wouldnt move.

"Whats wrong with you today? Let me gooo, im hungryy" I whined.

I waited for him to lose focus and I ran pass him.

"Aaliah no wait-" Mino stopped seeing it was too late.

I found Soryong walking inside the teachers lounge with "Jennifer Park", another Foreign Language teacher here.

He told me that he hated her, so why is he having lunch with her?

He moved on that fast?

I turned around to face Mino again.

"Its okay, im fine" I said going back in the room, grabbing my purse.

"Lets go" I hooked arms with Mino as we walked into the lounge.

Soryong was the first person I made eye contact with.

He looked at me and I tried not to show any emotion. I simply nodded and looked away.

I got my food and walked to where the rest of the guys were. Three tables away from Soryong and Jennifer, to my luck.

She talks so loud, everyone in the room could hear her.

"And then I told her that I didnt need to go a size up in shorts. Wasnt that so rude of her?" I could hear Jennifer complaining.

"God could she sound anymore dumb" Seunghoon said, making us all laugh.

I was laughing too hard I guess because I looked up and Soryong was staring at me.

It turned into a staring contest and after 30 seconds, I couldnt take it anymore.

I stood up, making the guys stop their conversation and look at me.

"Its ok, im fine" I said, and walked to get out of the lounge.

The tears were falling down and I tried to wipe them away before anybody saw them.

I went inside my classroom and took out the letter I wrote.

Half of me wanted to rip it apart, the other half told me to just give it to him right now.

Instead, I opened it and wrote under what I had previously written.

 

*Three Days Later* 

It was finally Saturday which meant that there was two days left till my birthday!

The guys said they were going to take me somewhere special and so I wanted to buy a new dress.

So here I am. At the mall, filled with a bunch of teenagers searching for prom dresses and what not. 

I decided to try looking through Nordstroms cause I know it wouldnt be filled with kids. 

Wrong.

But I decided, whatever just get what you need and go.

I went through all the dresses they had and finally laid my eyes on something I liked. It wasnt too y but it wasnt too plain. It was a stunning dress though.

I went to the dressing room to go try it on and the only full body mirror was right in front of the dressing room.

I walked outside the stall to the front of the dressing room and looked at myself.

"Thats a nice dress, you should choose that one" I heard and turned around.

I didnt noticed there was a boy watching me the whole time I stepped out.

He was sitting on the chairs placed in front, waiting for a girl to come out in her dress, im assuming.

"Thank you" I replied to him. "I just might"

"What school do you go to?" He asked.

"School?" I was confused.

"Yeah! Isnt that your prom dress your wearing?" He looked serious.

"Oh my! No im not in high school" I laughed. "But I am a teacher though"

"Woah, youre one hot teacher. What school do you teach-"

"JB? Who are you talking too?" I heard a girls voice from the stall.

"Uh, nobody baby. Are you coming out now?" The boy, JB I guess, said to her.

He winked at me and I tried to hold in my laughter. Am I seriously being hit on by a high schooler.

"Aaliah?" I heard.

I turned around and was face to face with Daeryong.

"Oh!...Hey Dae" I said, shocked to be seeing him here.

"Thats a cute dress. Going on a date?" He asked.

"I thought she was going to prom" JB said.

"Uh, thanks JB" I said looking back.

"See who are you talking to JB, she said your name" The girl said again.

"Nobody babe, hurry up and come out!" He rolled his eyes.

I looked back at Daeryong.

"Excuse him, I just met him 2 seconds ago" I said. "But no, im not going on a date. Im shopping for a birthday outfit"

"Oh...So how you been?" He asked. 

"Could be better" I put on a weak smile.

"How are you and So?"

"Ive been good. Soryong, im not so sure of. When are you guys going to get back together? You guys are so cute" He said.

"I've tried to call him but he wont respond to me, so I dont know if we will.. Speaking of, stay here" I ran off, back to my stall and looked for my purse.

I snatched the letter out and ran back out to Daeryong.

"Here" I handed it to him. "Can you give this to him and make sure he reads it please?" I asked.

"Of course" He took the letter.

"Well hopefully i'll see you around" He said. "And get that dress"

"Same, and okay see ya" I laughed, waving goodbye.

I walked back into my stall to change into my original outfit.

When I walked out, I could see a girl in a dress who im guessing is JB's date.

"Thats a cute dress" I said walking pass them.

"Thank you" She smiled.

"Bye" JB said.

"See ya JB" I said as I walked away.

The girl scoffed.
"I knew you were talking to somebody. Who is she JB" I laughed as I heard her yelling and I went to go look for some shoes.