Date......??

The Switch

"You didnt tell me that I wasnt dressed for the beach!" I told Rome as I got out the car and realized we were at the beach.

"Thats because were not going to the beach" He said, pulling me around the corner.

I saw group of rides and realized that he took me to a mini amusement park by the beach.

"Oh my god. What are we doing here?" I cheered. 

"I figured you need to let loose a little, relieve some stress, you know? Were both going through the same thing so I understand what youre going through and maybe we can relieve it together" He finished.

"Makes sense" I nodded. "Lets go"  I ran so we could buy our tickets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We stayed at the amusement park for about 6 hours and it was going to get dark soon so I suggested we head home.

We passed all the rides and was nearing all the game booths when one prize in particular stood out to me.

I guess Rome noticed because he pulled me towards the lady and asked her how much.

"You dont have to-" I tried to get out.

"I want to, its ok" He smiled.

The game was to throw the bean bag at the toy bricks and if you hit all three down at the same time, then you win the big prize. But you only get two chances.

"Watch and learn" Rome said as he prepared to throw the bean bag.

Only to completely miss.

I tried my best not to laugh cause I could tell he was embarrased.

He cleared his throat and stretched his arm for his final throw and he did it..

He actually knocked them all down. I cheered and automatically ran up to the booth lady. 

"Which one would you like?" She asked in broken english, and smiled at me.

"That one" I cheered like a child and when she handed it to me, I immediately squeezed it and thanked her.

"Oh my god, its so big" I said. "Thank you so much"

I hugged Rome with the one arm I had available.

"So cute" I heard the lady say as we walked away. I looked back at her and she was smiling.

We exited the park and almost made it to the car when I heard a familiar voice.

"Rome? Aaliah?" I turn around and the person was Bobby.

He had some girl clinging on to his arm.

"You two dating now, or something? Already?" He smirked.

Before I got to disagree, Rome cut in.

"Who is this?" He asked looking at the girl, who rolled her eyes at me.

I scoff and payed no attention to her

"Oh yeah! Um this is my new girl...Minji, yeah and Minji, this is my homeboy Rome and this is Aaliah" He introduced us.

"Hello" She winked at Rome and cut her eyes at me.

I needed to hurry up and get inside the car.

"Nice to see you Bobby, but im gonna wait in the car" I said.

I began walking to the car when I heard her high pitched voice.

"She not even cute oppa, why are you friends with her" I stopped in my tracks and turned around and began to walk back but I was dragged back by Rome, bringing me back to the car.

Bobby took his girl and they walked towards the entrance of the park.

"Whats the matter with you, shes my friend" I could hear Bobby telling her.

Yes, please check her..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ride back was silent as I watched him drive down the familiar roads.

"You know what.." Rome began.

He turned the car around and began driving down a different street.

"Where are you going?" I asked him but he didnt answer.

I just sighed and rested my head on my new penguin friend.

"What should I name him?" I said to myself.

"How about Barom?"

Oh now he speaks.

"Ew, why?" I joked.

"Because thats my real name" He said.

"Exactly, ew why?" I repeated.

I looked at him and I can tell he was offended. 

"Im sorry" I said, after a few minutes.

He didnt reply. I looked at him again and he was avoiding eye contact.

"Hey!" I attempted to poke his arm, but he slapped my hand away.

I rolled my eyes and scooted closer to my side of the door.

"Just forget it. Take me home" I said.

He didnt reply, instead he kept driving. He turned up the music on the radio and a slow song began to play.

But not just any song. OUR song.

Soryong and I.

I began to think about him and how much I wanted him to wake up. 

It reached the bridge of the song and I began to feel the corner of my eyes water.

Im getting way into my feelings.

I began to wipe to my eyes, and I could see Rome look at me through my peripheral.

"Are you crying? Man, im sorry for slapping your hand awa-"

"Its not you" I said, my voice was already getting croaky. "This is Soryong and I's song".

"Oh sorry, I'll change it" He changed it to a faster more upbeat song.

By the time the song ended, he parked the car. I looked out the window.

"This isnt my house" I said.

I looked around and had no clue where we were. I just know that were in the city somewhere.

"I know, come on" He walked inside a building and I just followed.

Once inside, I realized that this was a noraebang.

"Why did you take me to karaoke?" 

"Come on, stop asking questions" He payed and we were led into a private room.

"So who will go first?" He asked.

I sighed and held out my hand for the microphone.

"I'll go get us something to drink" He left.

When he came back I was already almost done with my second song.

"Sorry, long line" He apologized.

"Man, youre right. I should let go of this stress. This is really fun" I began to look for another song to sing.

I walked over to the drinks that he brought and it was an unopen bottle of champagne in an iced bucket.

He opened the bottom and I poured myself a glass and continued to look for a song.

This time I chose a duet. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2NghJuQrRo

Rome started off the song and then I joined in. We began to sing to eachother and we began to let loose, dancing like it was a concert.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe 3 or 4 hours later, we were drunk and half sleep on the couch of the room. 

The music was still playing in the background, we were just too tired to finish singing.

"Heeeyyy" I whispered. "We should go" 

I crawled on the couch to where he was laying.

We were now laying with our heads touching each other. 

"No, lets lay here for a few more minutes" He whispered, like he was falling asleep.

"Wake up" I shook him.

"Nooo. Lets sleep" He whined.

I turned my face to look at him, at the same time he did as well. We just stared at eachother for a few seconds.

"You're really pretty, you know that right?" He began to speak.

"Shhhhh. Kali wouldnt like that" I put my finger over his lips.

He grabbed my finger and kissed it.

"Ew, stop it" I laughed.

"Im serious, I think I like you" He continued.

"And were both drunk so stop talking" I said, not wanting to hear anything he will regret in the morning.

He inched closer to me and I couldnt push him away.

He leaned in until his lips collided with mine and suprisingly, I kissed back.

I dont know why but rather than push away, I layed there, enjoying it.