Chapter 4

A Friend Of Mine

“Dinner is so great, and now I’m so full.” Amber mumbled as she patted her tummy and lazily slumped on her bed. “Grandma’s cooking is really good.” As she lies down and stretch her arms on the bed. A flashing light on the wall caught her eye. “What’s that?” She sat on the bed and look to the direction where the light is coming from. Amber saw that the light is coming from the window. She walks towards the window and covers her eyes to block the light passing through it. When the light stopped, Amber saw Krystal on the other end smiling while holding a flashlight.

Amber pulls her window up “Krystal?”

“Hi toothpick!” Krystal shouted. “Looks like our room is adjacent to each other.”

Amber smiled. “How did you know this is my room?” She questioned.

The day when Krystal and her mom came to the Liu’s residence, Krystal secretly roams around their house. She knows what her doing is bad but she just feels like doing it. Krystal supposed to be following Amber after she excuses herself but she thought that maybe she will do that later.

She secretly walks upstairs careful not to be caught by anyone. As she walks through a hallway, she saw a door with a name “AMBER” on it. She smirked and gently twists the doorknob. Luckily the door is not locked so she went inside. She tried her best to contain her laugh when she saw Amber’s llama collection on her desk, and at the bed you can see a big stuffed toy llama just beside her pillows. “Toothpick loves llama so much.” She mumbled. As she roams around Amber’s room, she noticed that her room is just on the next window.

“Well, that’s a secret.” Krystal pokes her tongue. “I never thought you like llamas.” Krystal laughs.

“YAH! Did you just barged into my room without me knowing it?” Amber said little irritated.

“Hmm. Maybe?” Krystal teased.

Amber just pouted and crosses her arms. “Hey stop that. Pouting doesn’t suit you, toothpick.”

Amber looks at the clock and noticed that it is getting late already. She was going to pull down the window but Krystal stops her from doing so.

“Wait! What are you doing?” Krystal asked.

“I’m going to sleep. Goodnight, hippo stalker.” And with that, Amber pulls down her window. At the other end, Krystal pouted and felt somewhat guilty because of what she did. All she wanted is to have a conversation with Amber. She was still looking at the window until the light from Amber’s room had been turned off. She slowly pulled her window down and slump herself on her pink bed. She promised herself that tomorrow she will say sorry to Amber.

 

It was a typical Saturday morning for Amber. She immediately went downstairs because of the smell of bacon and pancakes are making her hungry. After eating breakfast with her family, she went back to her room to play some games. Meanwhile she heard a loud thud near her window. Amber immediately went to the window and looks down. “Min-min!” She shouted as she saw her bestfriend who is throwing little stones on their house. Amber immediately went down and went straight at the back of their house.

 

Krystal lazily turns her alarm clock off and sat on straight on her bed. She unconsciously turns her head towards her window and suddenly remembers that she will apologize on what she did on Amber. She immediately went downstairs and find her grandmother.

After eating breakfast, Krystal volunteered to wash the plates and the utensils. Grandma Jung noticed her grandchild is acting a little strange today. She knew Krystal never liked doing some chores.

“Why are you being a little helpful today? Do you want something?” Grandma Jung said as she helps Krystal in doing the plates.

Krystal just nodded and smiled. Grandma Jung chuckled seeing her cute grandchild. “What is it Krystal? What can Grandma do for you?”

“I want you to teach me how to make brownies.” Krystal said shyly.

Grandma Jung patted Krystal’s head. “Alright. We’ll make some brownies after we are done washing these. ” Krystal smiled and she wash the dishes with extra speed.

 

“I miss you Min-min!” Amber said as she hugged her bestfriend Min. As she let o of the hug she noticed that Min is a little bit sad. “What’s wrong?” Amber worriedly asked.

“I think I’m going to miss you more, Amber.” Min said with her head hung low.

“What are you talking about?” Amber questioned.

“We are going to L.A.” Min said and sits on the nearest rock while fidgeting her fingers.

“Ohh that’s great! I read that L.A is a nice place. When are you going back?” Amber sat beside Min.

Min looks at Amber with sad eyes. “We are not going back. We are going to L.A for good.”

Amber never said anything but just hug Min. She will definitely miss her good pal. Amber let go of the hug and hurriedly went to their house. “Where are you going?”

“I’ll be right back!” Amber said.

 

Krystal patiently waits for the chocolate brownies to cook in the oven. She can’t wait to eat them all with Amber.  When she heard a ding sound, she clasped her hands and called her grandma that the brownies are all done.

“Hmm. smells good. I bet these will be yummy.” Krystal neatly packed the brownies in a small container and grabs two milk tetra packs. She went at the back of their house because she knew that Amber is sketching her tree house at this time.

Krystal’s expression became sad when she didn’t saw Amber but another kid. She walks towards her and said. “Yah! Who are you?”

Min turns around a little bit annoyed. “Excuse me I have a name, I should be the one asking you that.” Min crosses her arms. Krystal throws a glare on her. Min somewhat felt scared but she let herself composed and throws a glare on Krystal too. And it seems like forever that they are glaring at each other when Amber immediately came.

“Hey Min-min, this is for you! Amber said while running towards Min.

“You know her?” Krystal ask.

“Yup. Oh right! Min, this is Krystal our new neighbour. Krystal, this is Min my best pal.” Amber said.

“Your new neighbour is scary.” Min whispered to Amber but it was loud enough for Krystal to hear.

“YAH! I heard that!” Krystal shouted.

The two just chuckled. “I’m sorry, it was only a joke. Well it seems that you’re Amber’s friend, so I guess you’re my friend too.” Min said extending a hand to Krystal.

“I’m sorry too about earlier.” Krystal shakes Min’s hand.

“What’s that?” Amber asked Krystal as she saw her holding a container.

“Oh this! My grandma and I baked this; I brought you some so we can eat it together.” Krystal motioned to sit at the nearest rock. Amber and Min followed also. Krystal stood because she noticed Min and Amber are sitting beside each other so she sits at the other end making Amber in the middle of the two.

Whatever Krystal is giving to Amber, Amber also gives something to Min. It somewhat made Krystal jealous because the brownies are supposed to be for Amber and her only.

“Here, I brought milk.” Krystal handed to Amber.

“What about me?” Min asked.

“Oh don’t worry; we can share Min-min.” Amber said as she handed her drink to Min-Min. Krystal pouted seeing Amber being nice to Min-min.

“It was for Amber.” Krystal mumbled to herself.

The next day, Krystal saw Amber at their front door hugging Min and afterwards she saw Amber waving at her when Min went to the car. When the car departed, she saw Amber going at the back of their house. Krystal follows her.

“Where is Min going?” She casually asked Amber.

“L.A. for good.” Amber replied uninterestingly. She slightly kick some small rocks on her foot.

Krystal felt sad about the news. She unconsciously patted Amber’s back and occasionally rubs it. “Don’t worry, I’m still here. I can be your bestfriend.” Krystal gently pulls Amber for a hug and Amber comfortably leans her head on Krystal and smiled. 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for a slow update and for a crappy chapter. Huhu. Having a cold really . *sniff* *sniff*