Chapter 25

A Friend Of Mine

While her bestfriend is inside the bathroom, Amber went to the balcony to get some fresh air and to enjoy the night view in Jeonju as well. She lean her hand on the railings and took a deep breath for everything that was happened today. Suddenly her phone rang and smiled as she saw Grandma Jung’s caller id. 

“Anything happened, Amber? How’s your first day in Jeonju together?” Grandma asks before sipping her tea.

Hearing the question, she scratches the back of her head before answering “Well, it was tiring. She drags me to the different stores in the mall because she and Minhyuk will have a date tomorrow.”

“WHAT?! So they saw each other awhile ago?” Grandma accidentally spits the tea and jolts up from her seat.

“Yep. Krystal made him remember her.” She chuckled over the phone as she remembers what happened earlier.

“Aigoo. Minhyuk has advantage now.”

Amber heaved a heavy sigh. “It’s okay, Grandma. I don’t think that guy likes her anymore.” She turned around leaning her back against the railings.

“But what if Minhyuk likes her, we never know dear...” Her gaze shifted at Krystal who just came out of the bathroom drying her hair with a towel. “... Amber, I’ll hang up now. It’s time for bed, good night you two.”

“Okay Grandma. Good night.” Amber hangs up the phone.

“Who was that?” Krystal asked after Amber walks in to the room.

“It’s... it’s just a client, I told her that I’m on leave so it’s better to call Onew insted.” She puts up an excuse.

“Oh okay.” She shortly answered. When it’s time for them to sleep, Krystal flops herself onto the bed with her arms and legs spread wide, not leaving a single space for Amber to sleep on.

Amber lifts Krystal’s leg, dragging it to the side so she could lie down but the girl didn’t want too. “Yah, make space for me!” she whined but she only get a glare in return. “Like I said, I should sleep on the floor. I owed you my life to you so what’s the problem sleeping on the cold floor, or on a chair, or maybe in the bathroom?” She said while getting some pillows and a blanket. “It’s perfectly alright with me, as long as my bestfriend sleeps comfortably.”

She was about to lie down at the cold carpeted floor when Krystal throws a pillow on her. “What’s that for?”

“Enough of you long speech; you know I was only making fun of you.” She patted a space next to her “Come on sleep here.”

Just like a robot she obeyed. It’s been 30 minutes but neither of them slept yet. Amber looked side ways to her best friend who is currently on deep thought. “Ain’t sleepy yet?”

Krystal turned her body to her side facing Amber with her hands below her head. “Yeah... I guess I’m just too excited ‘bout tomorrow.”

Amber does the same, so they are now both facing each other. Krystal brush some hair strands on Amber’s face and lightly caress her hair. “Krys...”

“Hmm?”  

“Don’t worry, if he doesn’t like you anymore and you get so heart broken... I’ll force myself to fall in love with you.” Amber joked earning a head slap from Krystal.

“YAH! STUPID!”

“Yeah yeah, I love you too.” And they both laugh at the same time.

Krystal adjusted herself into a comfortable position so that she can sleep “Enough of your jokes, toothpick. Let’s just sleep, huh?”

Amber watched her friend fall asleep. She admired her peaceful angelic face. The light from the lamp gives off emphasis to the every detail of her face. So, she hops off to bed and get her camera and snapped a photo of her best friend sleeping.

“Amber? Amber?” Krystal mumbled as she pat the space next to her.

“Yeah?” Amber said after she put her camera down and lay down next to her.

“Hug.” She said raising her hands in the air while half asleep. Amber smiled and wraps her arms around her. With a contended sigh escaped from Krystal’s lips, she drifted again to dreamland.

 

Krystal woke up a little early today because this is a special day for her. After finishing a bowl of ramen, she immediately went to the bathroom to shower, put on clothes and make-up. Satisfied with her look, she went back to the room to fix her things until she heard...

“Awww. “ Amber is holding her stomach in pain. She was twisting and turning on the bed making it messy.

“Oh my gosh, Amber are you okay? Does your stomach hurt again?” Krystal asked worriedly “What did you eat?”

“I don’t know” Amber distressfully replied.

Krystal suddenly stops what her doing and thought that maybe Amber is only playing games with her. “Wait toothpick, are you playing games with me?”

Amber eyed her with a painful expression evident on her face. “Do I look like one?”

Krystal immediately went over to Amber and pulls the blanket on top of her. “Does it really hurt? We can call a doctor first.” She said while touching Amber’s hair

“No it’s okay, you go. I’ll call the front desk if I can’t take it.”

“Are you sure?” She asked worriedly and Amber nodded in reply. As she began to head towards the door, she was reluctant to leave her best friend alone.

“Just go Krys, I’ll be fine.” Amber said with a weak smile on her face.

 

Minhyuk is patiently waiting at the park with a bouquet of rose on her hand when suddenly her phone beeped.

“Yeah I know, I’m on my way there.” He sighed as he ended the call and looks at his watch when suddenly Krystal calls him.

“Minhyuk! I’m sorry I am late.” She said

Minhyuk apologetically smiled and handed the flowers to her “I’m sorry, I have to go. My manager is calling me because we have a radio guesting today. My schedule is really packed up and it would be really nice if we could catch up. I have a few days free but I’ll be in Busan.”

“Ohh. It’s okay Minhyuk.” Krystal is trying to cheer Minhyuk and herself. She thought that this the time that they can actually be together, but all her hopes are completely gone.

“But it would be nice if you come with me.”

“I WOULD LOVE TOO!” Krystal cheerfully said but immediately composed herself which makes Minhyuk chuckle at her childish act.

He clasped his hands together “Okay, I’ll see you then.”

 

Amber is eating alone at the hotel room, slurping some ramen noodles when she heard the door opened. Krystal came in with a bouquet of roses on her hand. She put away the roses and flop herself to bed.

“So what happened?” Amber asked

“Nothing.”

“He didn’t come?” Amber said before she slurps some noodles again.

“No, but since I came late, he had to leave early because of his schedule.” She said after she sat herself on the bed leaning her back on the bedpost. “Hey how come your stomach doesn’t hurt anymore?”She crosses her arms.

Amber shrugged “I don’t know, the pain just subsided.”

Krystal went closer to her bestfriend taking the chair next to her “Wait a minute toothpick; I’m trying to remember the last time this happened.” She was tapping her fingers on the table while looking at Amber. “Ah! The time when you can’t come on your uncle’s photo shoot, and to his exhibit also because you had a stomach ache.”

Amber just resumed eating her food not bothering her best friend’s doings.

“Amber...” Krystal suddenly holds her shoulder making the later surprised. “... I know what it is. It anxiety attack! Because your stomach only hurts whenever you’re tense or something... Are you tensed about my date with Minhyuk?”

“What?! No. Why would I be? It’s your date not mine.” Amber said defensively and shoves bread into .

“Omo! Are you jealous?” Krystal asked eyeing her best friend carefully.

“Me? Jealous? Excuse me, I’m more handsome than him.” Amber was about to leave but Krystal stops her.

“Wait, don’t you dare stand up toothpick...” Amber gulped hard. “... Tell me the truth; was there a time that you liked me? Not as a friend but more than that.”

Amber smiled by the sudden question “You want to tell me the truth?” Krystal nodded waiting for her bestfriend to answer. 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for leaving you guys hanging. I was so busy back then. I was burried in a lot of school works. I really wanted to write again but I don't have the motivation to do so. So here you go an update! Yay. And for those of you wanting to know about the present time, we'll get there. The story is kinda set in medias res, so it has a lot of flashbacks. Just remember chapter 7 okay? Thats the present time. I'll try to update this fic as soon as possible. Happy reading. :)