Chapter 26

A Friend Of Mine

She knew that her best friend is waiting for her honest answer; it is evident in Krystal’s eyes. Amber is self battling in herself on whether she will tell the truth or not. For once she wished that someday, the burden inside her heart will just suddenly disappear. Sometimes she prays that one day she will woke up not having those feelings around anymore. Amber knew she’s being stupid herself. The only way to make it disappear is to say it to her wholeheartedly. But the thing is, she doesn’t know if she’s ready yet to say it and to hear the consequences afterwards. So, she looks at the brunette once more, admiring its beautiful features, the girl who captured her heart for a very long time.

She was about to open when someone knocked at the door.

“I’ll get it.” Krystal said and head towards the door.

“Save by the knock.” Amber murmured to herself and sighed in relief now that her best friend will not ask anymore stupid questions. “What is it?” She said as she saw Krystal holding a box.

“I don’t know but the man said it’s for me.” Krystal shrugged.

“Open it.” Amber said out of curiosity.

The box contains a teddy bear, 3 bars of chocolates and a letter saying:

“I’m sorry if I had to go early, I hope this will make up for today. And I hope to see you in Busan” - Minhyuk

Krystal squealed right after reading the letter. Amber threw a pillow on her for her to stop screaming.

“Yah, you’re making me deaf!”

“I don’t care. Minhyuk gave me a present!” and Krystal squealed again. She cannot help but to feel giddy inside. This is the first time Minhyuk has given her a gift.

“That’s enough, we are going back to Seoul.” Amber said as she snatched the card on her hands and put them inside the card.

“Who said we’re going home? We will go to Busan!” Krystal exclaimed. Amber was about to protest but Krystal shoved a bar of chocolate inside keeping it shut.

 

“Mommy please let me go to Busan.” The brunette pleaded over the phone.

Krystal’s mom rubs her temples and sighed “I don’t know about you Krystal, you won’t even allow Nicole to be with Jinwoon and yet you’re the one running after the guy.”

Amber is going tired seeing her best friend walking to and fro in front of her. She made a deal with Krystal that she will accompany her to Busan if her parents permit her.

“Mom, my situation is different from Nicole’s.” Krystal said over the phone.

“No auntie! It’s not different!” Amber screamed hoping that Krystal’s mom would hear. She was about to say another thing but Krystal shut her up with a glare.

“This won’t do. Try to convince your father about this.” Krystal’s mom handed the phone to her husband while giving a I-don’t-know-what-to-do-with-you’re-daughter look.

With Krystal being a daddy’s girl, she knew she will win this time. Her dad cannot resist her cute aegyo up to now. “YES! Thank you, daddy. Don’t worry I’m with Amber so nothing can go wrong.” Hearing her name, Amber immediately shot a dirty look at her best friend and Krystal stuck her tongue out in revenge.

 

It took an hour and a half to travel from Jeonju to Busan. The duo have just arrived on the airport waiting in line at the taxi bay.

“Krystal! Krystal!” a guy with a hat and with a sunglass approached them. With Amber’s protective mode on, she quickly hides Krystal at her back. “Don’t worry, it’s me Minhyuk.” He took off his glasses and smiled.

Krystal immediately unhides herself from Amber and went towards Minhyuk. “Sorry about that, I just thought that you’re a bad guy or something.”

“It’s okay, I wear this a lot so that people won’t recognize me.” Minhyuk said as he scratched her head. Amber on the other side is looking at him with a smug face.

“Oh right, Minhyuk this is Amber do you remember?” Krystal said.

“Oh yeah! You’re her best friend, the skinny kid.” Minhyuk joked and Krystal laughs and slightly hit his arm.

“Yeah. That’s me.” Amber monotonously said. She was getting annoyed by the minute.

“Oh yeah, I’m here to pick you up guys. I’m really glad you made it here.” Minhyuk said as he looks at her eyes. Seeing her best friend captivated by those pair of eyes, she unconsciously touches her chest. She felt pain. To get out of this mushy situation, Amber loudly cleared throat so that the two will get off their trance. “We gotta hurry; come on my car is there.” They followed him and head towards the hotel.

 

Minhyuk already reserved a room for them, knowing that Krystal will be here and so does her best friend.

“Okay, Amber this will be your room.” Minhyuk said as he hands over the room key to her. Amber just nodded in return. Seeing another key in Minhyuk’s hand, she thought that he reserved a room for Krystal too. It kinda disappoints her because she’s not rooming with Krystal.

“As for you Krystal, this will be your room just beside mine.” Minhyuk is ready to open the door for her but Krystal stops him.

“Minhyuk, I’ll just stay with Amber. I can’t sleep alone.” Upon hearing it, Amber smiled for the first time today but she immediately wiped it off because she doesn’t want to get caught.

“Alright then, as you wish Krystal.” Minhyuk said and keeps the key into his pocket.

“Don’t worry, she won’t bite. She’s completely harmless.” Amber joked earning a slap on Krystal. “Ouch.”

Minhyuk smiled at the childishness of the two, something just doesn’t change. “ Okay you two have a good night.”

“Goodnight!!” Amber happily said.

 

“Hey grandma.” Amber tiredly said over the phone.

“Oh hey dear, how are you two?” Grandma Jung puts down her book and took a sip of her tea.

Amber sighed and drags her feet into the balcony. “We’re okay. We just arrived in Busan.”

“Oh that’s great! Take her to beautiful places there. What are you planning to do there?” Grandma Jung happily said towards the phone. She’s happy that Amber is making a move to her granddaughter.

“Well... uhm. Minhyuk has a concert.” She shyly said.

“YAH!” Grandma jung screamed at the phone.

“Grandma that hurts!” Amber whined while rubbing her ear.

Grandma Jung is so frustrated that she drank in one shot her tea; Even though it’s hot, she doesn’t care. “You’re so stupid! What are you doing?! If I was there, I would push you off the cliff!”

Amber looked up seeing the stars and let out a deep sigh. “I already want to jump down from it, grandma.”

Hearing the voice of Amber, Grandma Jung calmed down her nerves. She knew that Amber is in a difficult situation. “Amber my dear if you can’t say it, show it to her.”