Chapter 19

A Friend Of Mine

It was around 7 o’clock in the evening where they decide to call it a day. The guests are very pleased and complimented Krystal’s work, whether it is about the food, place, ambiance, service, etc... As always planned, Amber will take Krystal home. And because it is almost dinner time, Krystal invited her to eat at their house. Ofcourse, Amber cannot refuse. Because she knew that Krystal will get mad at her, although she finds it very cute, it still frightens her and second, Krystal’s parents treats her like their own and auntie’s cooking is too good to be missed.

 Ever since Amber bought her SUV, she never let anyone to be seated beside the driver’s seat. It only belongs to Krystal. Krystal hated it if the seat is changed, like when it is not reclined they way it used to be before. She even put a pink pillow located at the car seat’s headrest and a blue one for Amber. It’s Krystal’ habit that she will put her tired feet at the dashboard and she will stretch her arms that sometimes she will pretend to be stretching to only play with Amber’s face.

“Yah. I’m driving can’t you see?” Amber chuckled and swatted Krystal’s finger that is playing her ear. They stopped at the red light and Amber turned to her right just to see Krystal staring at her while biting her lower lip. Honestly, she really thought it was y but she knew that in the back of those eyes, no matter how innocent it might look like, Krystal is planning something... like a prank. Amber shook her head and smiled as she changed the gear “I know that look Krys, and I’m not gonna fall for it.” Her eyes are back on the road.

Krystal burst into laughter and crossed her legs together. “Waa, you really knew me Liu.”

“Well that’s what I’ve learned for fifteen years that I’m with you... and it was hell, Krys. It was hell!” Amber said jokingly and she earned a playful slap at her arm. Suddenly, Krystal opens the small compartment at the dashboard. She gets her favourite CN BLUE CD and put it at the player. At the moment the music starts, Krystal bobs her head and snaps her fingers to the beat.

“L-O-V-E girl, nae soneul jabgo fly. L-O-V-E girl nareul midgo fly high...” ~~ Krystal started singing.

“Aren’t you tired of that song?” Amber asked. Slightly annoyed.

“No. It feels like, he’s singing to me.” Krystal said dramatically.

“Why would he sing a song for you?” Amber looks at her briefly.

Krystal sat up straight and faces Amber. “Why not? You know, first love never dies.” She put out her necklace and gently fidgets it with her fingers.

Amber scoffed. “Krys, that was JUST a puppy love. Stop daydreaming.” And shook her head.

“I don’t care, for me Minhyuk is still my hero... remember the time –“

“When we are still in elementary, he defended you from the bullies who stole you lunch.” Amber cut her off. Krystal always brings that story whenever she will hear something about Minhyuk. Her bestfriend smiled at her and patted Amber’s head.

“Uh-huh.” And after that Krystal started singing again.

Suddenly Amber’s phone rang. “Yah make it low, I have a call.” She said after yelling at her friend but it seems its not effective so she just press the call button. “Hello?”

“Hey Amber, it’s me Jong.” He’s Amber’s friend from Daegu, the one who is helping her with the tree house. Upon hearing his name, Amber switched the phone to the side in order for Krystal to not hear everything.

“Oh hey... wassup?”

“I just want to say if you have free time this week, I have new materials coming. And I want you to see them for your house.” Krystal suddenly lean towards Amber and tries to eavesdrop their conversation

 Amber is trying to push Krystal away. She was having a hard time because she was driving also. “Okay I’ll check if I’m free... I’ll call you again... there’s so many mosquitoes around here.” She said glaring at Krystal who just pokes her tongue.

“Yah who are you calling a mosquito?”

“You... you nosy brat.”

 

As they arrived at the Jung’s house, Amber didn’t realize that Krystal had fallen asleep. She must be tired of today’s event. She put on the brakes and took out the keys. She turned to Krystal who is back facing her. “Hey hippo, wake up we’re already here.” She said as she pokes her back. Suddenly, Krystal begins to stir, her face scrunching up before relaxing. Amber beamed. She took the camera at the backseat and started looking at the photos she took at the event. Her smile grew wider as she went through the photos of Krystal she capture without her knowing. “Do you think I’m not going to take a picture of you?” Amber mumbled. She stared at her sleeping friend and began to swipe some fringe blocking her delicate face. She then took a picture of Krystal sleeping but as she zoom the camera out to take another shot; Amber noticed the necklace dangling on her neck. It is still looks the same. Krystal really took a great care handling it. She puts the camera down silently at its former place and chuckled to herself.

Amber sighed before waking Krystal up. “Krystal, Minhyuk is here!” She shouted making the girl jolt up.

“What?! Where?!” The sleepy girl frantically search everywhere.

Amber laughed hard. “Now you’ve woken up, let’s go now auntie is waiting for us.”

“Seriously Am? Ugh.” When she gets herself out of the car, she immediately jumps on Amber back making her stumble a bit. “Yah piggyback me, I’m still sleepy.” She commanded and Amber obediently followed. 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Double update. Sorry its a little crappy. School resumes today huhuhu. T.T