Chapter 15

A Friend Of Mine

It seems like forever for Amber to reply at the other girl’s insisting question. Everything around her stops as her eyes slowly gaze at her best friend’s pretty face. She can feel her heartbeat pushing itself out of her ribcage and their proximity doesn’t help also that Amber found herself having difficult to breathe.

“Y-you...” That word slip on . It was like a whisper and a bit incoherent but Krystal manages to catch it. She was planning to cover up but she can’t because she found out that her two hands are comfortably resting on Krystal’s side.

“Me?” Krystal looks at her with questioning eyes.

“Yeah... you.” Amber said as her eyes never left the girl. After awhile her eyes travelled down eyeing her rosy pink cheeks, her nose, and ofcourse her lips. Amber’s eyes stops there for awhile. She wanted to say something but she cannot find some correct words to say so. On the corner of Krystal’s lips, she saw a leftover of ice cream. And before she will begin to get drown by her own emotions, Amber cleared her dry throat and said “You.. you’ve got some ice cream on your lips.”

With her free hand, Krystal wipes clean. “And get off me, I can’t breathe you’re so heavy!” Amber said as she tries to get away the funny feelings that are settling in her stomach.

“YAH! I’M NOT HEAVY!” She earned a smack on the head before Krystal get off her.

Amber let out a nervous chuckle, relieved that her best friend didn’t think of anything else. “Come on, let’s go home.” She got up and started to walk away but after a few steps, Krystal stops her.

“You’re forgetting something.” Krystal crossed her arms.

“W-what?” Amber stuttered a little thinking that Krystal didn’t forget her question earlier. She must be curious about who is the person that Amber likes.

Krystal raises her both hands in the air and smiled. “You forgot to carry me.”

Amber sighed in relief for the second time and smiled afterwards. She turned around and bends over and patted her own shoulder telling Krystal that she can hop on her back. While walking home, Amber was in deep thought. She looks at Krystal and it seems the girl had already forgotten what happened earlier.

 

Amber knocks at the Jung’s front door and she was welcomed by Grandma Jung. “Amber, what brings you here?” She asked after letting the younger girl inside. Krystal is not in the house because she went outside with her mom to do some errands.

“Uhm.. I’m here because Krystal left her jacket in my room in the other day. I’m just here to give it back.” She said as she hands over the nicely folded jacket on Grandma Jung.

Amber was ready to leave but grandma insisted her to stay for a while. “Why don’t you have a cup of warm milk and some brownies?” Of course no one can resist the delicious brownies of grandma, it was to die for. Amber followed grandma to the kitchen and find a seat on their dining table. Afterwards, grandma handed a plate with brownies and nice warm milk. Grandma also took the seat beside Amber; she was holding a mug with a tea bag inside it. “So Amber... how are you?”

“I’m good, grandma.” She said as she took a small bite on the brownie. Actually, Amber isn’t really okay. She was still contemplating what happened between her and Krystal a week ago. But she didn’t exactly know what happened back then, everything seems to be new to her, especially the feeling.

 “Are you sure?” Amber nodded in response that causes Grandma Jung to sigh. “Amber...” the old lady softly spoke as she Amber’s back lovingly. “... how will I even say this?” Amber heard grandma mumbled something that makes her look at her. “I know how much you care for my granddaughter, I’ve seen you two together and I’m happy that you too became best friends...”

 Amber smiled. “I’m also glad that we became friends, grandma.”

Grandma gently ruffled Amber’s short hair and she shifted her position facing Amber. “... that’s why I wanted you to take care of her, I want someone who is always there for my Krystal. And I know that person is you Amber.” Grandma Jung knows that at this moment of time Amber didn’t really apprehend the real meaning of her words. She thought that she is too young for it to understand. What she was trying to say is, she wanted Amber and Krystal to be together. She didn’t bother thinking that they are both girls because she knew that gender is not a hindrance in love. And throughout these years of their unbreakable friendship, grandma witness how Amber helped Krystal a lot by staying on her side all the time. She also felt that the short haired girl have this sort of a thing on Krystal but because they are in a stage of puberty, where teens started to become more mature and also become curious about their uality, she wanted Amber to contemplate first. Grandma is willing to wait until Amber is confident on what she really feels for Krystal. But if they did not gonna end up together, she will still be happy for the two.

Amber nodded “I will grandma. Hurting her is the last thing I wanted to do.” She rather hurt herself than to hurt her best friend.

“That’s what I thought about you.”

 

 

Amber zips her suitcase as she completely put the last thing inside her bag. This is the day that she will go to Seoul to continue studying for college. Good thing Krystal got accepted too in Amber’s university. She saw her granny standing at the end of the staircase waiting for her.

“Have you packed all your things? Did you double check it?” Amber nodded at her granny’s questions. “You study well in the university, okay? Don’t give your uncle a headache.” Granny said as she playfully pinch Amber’s cheeks making the girl to chuckle.

“Yes granny. I’ll make you proud.” Amber saw that tears will start to fall from her granny’s eyes so she pulls her for a hug. “You’re so emotional, granny.” Amber joked to ease the heavy feeling of her grandmother.

Amber walks towards their backyard and stared at their old tree house. She sighed as she run her hands on the bark of the tree. How fast time flies. It was like yesterday that they are just playing and running around but now, they will start another chapter in their lives as college students. She was in the middle of reminiscing her and Krystal’s memories when she felt a tap on her shoulders.

“It’s been years since your late dad built that trees house.”

Amber turned around and smiled at grandma Jung. “Yeah... By just looking at it, I feel old.”

“This tree house is a witness of you and Krystal’s friendship.”  Amber nodded and starts reminiscing again their good old times together. It was like a movie that was being played inside her head. And she suddenly realized by just thinking of those memories again, that funny feeling inside her stomach is starting to surface again. She is still a bit confused if this is valid to be called love, but nonetheless what she is feeling right now is oh so damn right. “Why are you smiling?” that question made Amber to wake up from her trance.

“Ahh.. N-nothing grandma.” She scratched her head and felt embarrassed. She suddenly remembered what grandma Jung had said to her a few years ago. “Grandma, remember what you said back then? When we’re having a talk at your kitchen?”

Grandma Jung scrunches her eyebrows as she tries to remember. “Ahh yes about Krystal right?”

“Yes grandma. I’m still going to keep that promise because...” Amber bit her lip hesitating whether she will say it or not.  

“Because what Amber?”

Amber looks at grandma with nervousness in her eyes. She’s afraid that grandma would hate her after saying it. “... because I love Krystal.”

 

Amber walks in front of their yard along with her suitcase. She saw Krystal’s car waiting at the front of their house.

“Hey Amber, get inside the car. I’ll give you a ride.” Mrs. Jung said to Amber.

Amber shook her head “No, it’s okay Mrs. Jung. I can take a bus to Seoul.” Suddenly Amber felt pain on her head. She looks up and saw Krystal just threw her a book.

“YAH TOOTHPICK! GET. INSIDE. THE. CAR. NOW.”  Krystal yelled and glared at her. Amber quickly shoves her luggage at the bumper, gets Krystal’s book and sat herself inside the car. “Good girl.” Krystal patted her head.

Mrs. Jung chuckled at her daughter’s action. She pulls the window down and gives a honk at Grandma Jung. Amber and Krystal waved at the back seat. As soon as Amber and Grandma Jung eyes met, they knew why they are wearing the same smile on their faces.

As Mrs. Jung steps on the gas, Krystal held Amber’s hand and raises it in the air. “Seoul, here we come!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minhyuk started jumping around and held his both cold hands together and begans to blew some hot air in it for him to calm his nerves down. This is the first time he will perform on a large crowd. 

"Hey bro, ae you ready?" Yong-Hwa, the band's drummer tap his shoulders

"Yeah. I gues..." 

"Come on, it's okay. Just calm down and show the crowd what you've got." 

Minhyuk nodded and prepares himself for their very first gig. "Okay, I'm ready. Let's do this."

 


___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry I haven't updated for a week. I've been busy with things and my birthday. Hehe. So here you go my update for you guys. The Kryber is in Seoul now so I guess the present time is coming very near. Hehehe. Hope you guys like this update. Happy reading! =)