Chapter 21

A Friend Of Mine

She always has this nervous feeling whenever Amber will went to see her uncle in his mansion. The various works of art that are being displayed around the house makes her very happy and overwhelmed and at the same time, she also felt pressured and out of place. Her clan was indeed born with talented hands that they are well-known artists in Korea and internationally. But what about her, she’s just a mere photographer in a small studio in Seoul.

“Did you receive the invitation about the exhibit?” A manly voice said that caused Amber to be awakened from her own thoughts.

“Yes, uncle.” Amber rummages inside her bag and holds the said invitation.

“So how are you?” Uncle Liu asked.

“Uhm...” Amber scratched her head. “Well, I was kinda busy these past few days that’s why I didn’t go to your event... and I think I wasn’t ready for it either.” Amber said as she shifted nervously in her spot

His uncle took a sip of his tea before replying to her. “When will you be ready? When all of the opportunities had been ran out? You know Amber, if your father was still alive he would force you to get into arts or something.”

She cleared and rubs her arm as she said “I think uncle, if dad was still alive he would probably encourage me to do what makes me happy.”

After hearing Amber’s answer, uncle Liu walks towards her and chuckled. “Are you happy with what you are doing?” She was about to say something but nothing seems to came out from . “As your uncle, I will do everything to help you Amber. So just wait and be ready.” Uncle Liu looked at her intently. She thought that, she will maybe send off abroad to study arts just like her other cousins who are currently working with famous artist by now. She didn’t say anything and just nodded.

 

“Thank you and come again!” Krystal slumped back to her chair after she entertained the customer. She took a bite of her bread as she watches her favourite music show on television.

“The guys did it again! CN BLUE’s latest video “Can’t Stop” still remains in number 1 spot on our chart for four consecutive weeks!”  

“Aww. I’m so proud of you Minhyuk!” said Krystal.

“And I have more good news for you, fellow CN BLUE fans...” Krystal turns the volume a little bit higher as she anticipates the good news to be said by the host. “... It has been confirmed that the band will have a tour here in South Korea to promote their latest album.”

 

“AMBER AMBER OPEN UP!” Krystal screamed making Amber jolted up from her bed and rush to the door.

“What is it?! What happened? Is something wrong?” Amber bombarded Krystal questions and checking her body if something happened or she was hurt anywhere.

“No I’m fine, toothpick...” Krystal said and hands over the plastic bag which she brought with her containing breads and two packs of instant noodles. She knew that Amber had been just woken up this time because she went home late last night because of her schedule. “... Guess what there is someone coming here, and after that I can die happily.” Krystal said in one breath.

Amber scrunched her brows and tilts her head. “Uhh, Jesus Christ?” The half awakened Amber replied.

Krystal smacked her head, making Amber to be fully awake. “Stupid. It’s Minhyuk! Their band will have a tour here!”

Amber placed her hand on pretended to be shocked and squeal like a fangirl along with Krystal but she immediately put on her poker face and close the door shut. “Is that all? You shouldn’t woke me up, I’m having a nice dream until you came screaming.” Amber was about to go to her bed again but Krystal pull her arm ahead towards the kitchen.

“Yah! Minhyuk is coming here! We’ll see each other again.” Krystal said as she went to the cupboards and grabs two mugs to make coffee.

“He will probably don’t remember you.” Amber said before opening her fridge and rummages something to eat.

“He’ll remember me! We have this special connection, you know.” She said dramatically and Amber just rolled her eyes. Suddenly while preparing the coffee, Krystal spotted the invitation from her uncle about the exhibit. “Oh another exhibit? Hey Amber let’s attend to this.”

Amber turned her attention to Krystal at a brief moment then went back looking for peanut butter in her fridge. “I don’t want to.”

“Amber, your insecurity is running at full blast again. Aren’t you proud that your relatives are talented artists?” She said as she placed the mugs at the table.

“Proud.” Amber said in one word. She took a seat at the table, took a piece of bread and put some peanut butter spread with cheese inside.

“Well you said it. You know, your relatives are really good –

“What’s the real reason why you came here?” Amber cut her off. She placed the bread at Krystal’s plate and went over to the counter to prepare the ramen.

“Let me do that...” Krystal grabs the ramen and commands Amber to just remain seated. Amber just shrugged and went there as told. “... Well, we should plan how Minhyuk and I will meet again.”

“WE?!” Amber almost choked the food. “Why am I included in this plan?”

Krystal emerged from the counter and handled the bowl of ramen in front of Amber. “Because... Isn’t that what good friends do for each other?” She looked at Amber with puppy eyes hoping that the girl would say yes.

“I’m not a good friend.” Amber mumbled.

“Darn. I was hoping you would say yes because... I saved your life.” Krystal said as took a seat beside Amber and pretended to be dismayed. “Do you want me to refresh your memory?”

Amber chuckled and shook her head. Whenever Krystal will bring out the topic when she saved her life, Amber wouldn’t say anything but to grant her wish. No matter how ridiculous it would be. She owes her life to Krystal. “Okay. What’s the plan?”

“Good!” Krystal clasped her hands and began eating “We’ll follow Minhyuk from the airport, and then we’ll listen to the news to know where he’s headed.”