Chapter 34

A Friend Of Mine

The air felt heavy and cold as soon as Amber left the kitchen. It didn’t feel the same way as before. Minhyuk helped Krystal get out of her trance, she found her girlfriend at the kitchen standing and staring at their back door.

“Hey babe, are you alright?” His boyfriend asked.

Krystal answered him with a slight nod. “Let’s go, we need to get to the airport in two hours.”

 

They were greeted with a warm breeze as they stepped outside the Singapore airport. Minhyuk happily held Krystal’s hand and looked into her eyes “Thank you for being here with me, Krystal.”

“It’s nothing Minhyuk. I wanted to be with you.” Krystal shyly replied.

With a faint blush on Minhyuk’s face he carefully leaned in and captured Krystal’s soft lips. “I love you.”

The girl held his cheeks and said “I love you too.”

 

“Are you sure about this?”

“Yah don’t do that aegyo infront of me. It’s disgusting Onew!” Amber threw the stress ball in his face.

“I’m sorry... I’m just gonna miss you buddy.”

Amber sighed and patted her friend’s shoulder. “One year is fast. Besides, you can run this studio on your own. Don’t worry, I’ll be back promise.” She finished packing the things she will needed to bring in LA. She picked up the studio key and gave it to Onew. “Sorry Onew, this time you do the closing.”

Onew burst into tears and launched himself to Amber “Just do well in LA,okay? I’m gonna miss you, you stupid!”

Amber laughed at his friend’s antics and returned the hug “Of course I will. I’m gonna miss you too, buddy.”

As soon as she went home, Amber went to his room and picked up the envelope that his uncle gave to her. “This should be signed a long time ago...” She picked up her pen and fill out the details needed in her application. When she was done, she put it back to the envelope carefully. “Let’s move on Amber shall we?”

 

It has been already a month since Krystal moved in with Minhyuk in Singapore. Her boyfriend is always ever so busy with gigs and concerts to promote their band. Krystal was always there all along being supportive of her boyfriend as always.

“Hey can you remove the cucumbers and put a lot of beef for her instead?” Minhyuk said to the waiter politely.

Krystal was taken aback “How did you know that I hate cucmbers?”

“That’s a secret.” Minhyuk stuck his tongue out.           

After their dinner, they took a long walk at the beach before going home. “Did you enjoy the food?” Minhyuk said as he intertwined their fingers.

“Yup. The beef was fantastic and the best part is you eat all of my cucumbers. So I don’t have a problem.” Krystal smiled and swing their hands lightly.

Minhyuk stopped his tracks and bends over infront of Krystal. “What are you doing?” the girl asked.

“I’ll piggy back you.” Minhyuk said and looked over Krystal.

She was a bit hesitant but nonetheless she hopped onto Minhyuk’s back. The feeling was new to Krystal, maybe she was just accustomed with Amber. She missed the scent of Amber whenever she’s burying her face in the crook of her neck. Minhyuk’s shoulders were wide and broad unlike with Amber it was just alright for her.

 Minhyuk woke her up from daydreaming as soon as they reached home. “Sorry...” Krystal shyly said.

“You enjoyed the piggy back aren’t you?” Minhyuk smiled and patted her head. “I know you’re tired. Good night babe.” Minhyuk leaned in to capture her lips but Krystal looked away making Minhyuk’s lips to land on her cheek. He was a bit disappointed but he just shrugged it off and went to his room.

After so many twists and turns, Krystal just can’t sleep. Memories with Amber are playing non stop inside her brain. She sighed and sat at the window sill and played the pendant around her neck. She may never want to admit it, but she misses her bestfriend so much.

 

“Appa!”

“Aigoo she really thinks that you are his appa.” Her child hood bestfriend said as she fed her first born with baby food.

“Jenny, I said I’m not your Appa. Your Appa is working in the office. I’m your unnie, yeah unnie is fine. Just call me unnie okay?” Amber said as she talks to the baby

“APPA!”

“Aigoo this can’t be helped.” Amber sighed in defeat and lie down on the baby mat. “Yah Min, can you teach your daughter.”

Min laughed at her friend “I think Jenny will call you unnie if you get your hair longer, wear dresses and heels.” She then turns to her baby “Right Jenny? You want to see Amber in a dress right?” And as if the baby understands what her mom is saying, she began dancing and shouting around. “See Amber? Your godchild wants you to be girly!”

“Ew. Never gonna happen Min, NEVER.” Amber restorted back and throws the stuff toy to Min.

When the laughter died down Min sat beside Amber. “So how’s school? Is everything alright?” Min asked.

“School is fine. I’m reporting to uncle almost everyday.” Amber simply replied.

“You still talk to her?”

Amber smiled sadly and looked at the now sleeping Jenny inside the crib. “No, we haven’t talked for months now.”

 

Krystal woke up annoyed by the aching cramps on her lower abdomen. She pushed herself up and get the compress inside their bathroom and fills it with hot water. When she walked in the kitchen she saw different kinds of food at the table. She then reached for the note attached to the fridge.

Krystal,

I’m sorry I gotta leave early and can’t join breakfast with you. I had this meals prepared for you. Let’s watch a movie when I get home.

Love,

Minhyuk

 

She smiled and kept the letter inside her pocket. She then looked at the variety of food in front of her and she saw plenty of mangoes that were already sliced in cubes for her to eat. And as if it was on cue, her mind plays memories of her and Amber when they were kids. She then shook it off again and get her mind busy thinking of something else.

 

Krystal was again alone inside the house so she decided to clean their closet. While she was vacuuming Minhyuk’s room, she saw a small brown box at the top of his bed side drawer. Krystal carefully opens it and inside as a piece of paper and a recorder. Her eyes darted to the letter and right then on she knew who the owner of that penmanship is.

 

 

 

 

Dear Minhyuk,

 

I heard form Krystal’s dad that you guys are going to Singapore together after Grandma’s Anniversary. I am happy that my best friend’s dreams are coming into life. She considers you as her knight and shining armour since you defend her from bullies when we were kids. Listen to the recorder; there are voice memos of us well mostly of her talking about you. I admit, I was kinda jealous. Heh

 

As her best friend for a very long time, you might consider this advises that I’ll give to you. She really likes mangoes, she can eat it for as long as she can. She is allergic to apples and hates cucumbers so you must watch out for that. Gave her piggybacks when she’s feeling down, she likes the feeling of being carried. When she’s on her period, pamper her with food and watch a movie with her. Hold her tight during heavy rains; she’s kinda afraid of loud thunders. And lastly, treat her like a princess.

 

Love her with all your heart and don’t ever ever leave her or else I’ll crush you to death! But I know it won’t happen. Please take of her more than I did.

 

PS: Please keep this letter away from her.

 

Amber.

 

 

Krystal placed the letter on her chest as she began to cry. She recalls the memories with her bestfriend since they were kids and growing up. How Amber is always at her side no matter what. And now, she will not deny what her heart and mind is trying to tell her. “Amber...”