Chapter 31

A Friend Of Mine

“Relax Minhyuk, you will be fine.” Her girlfriend said as she soothes the wrinkled sleeves on his boyfriend’s polo.

Minhyuk sighed for the nth time “Babe, this is the first time that I will be meeting with your parents and I don’t want to disappoint them.” His hand cupped Krystal’s cheeks and said “I must prove to them that I am worthy and able to take care of a princess like you.”

Krystal blushed at the sudden confession as Minhyuk leaned forward for a passionate kiss. After the interrogation, Mr. Jung gave up because he cannot stand being mad at his daughter. He realized that her little princess is finally growing up and at the right age to decide for herself. The next morning, Mr. Jung told Krystal that he wanted to see Minhyuk in person so that he can decide whether he will give his blessing or not.

 It was a simple dinner at the Jung’s household. Minhyuk brought a cake that Krystal’s mom liked and a bottle of red wine for her dad.

The silence is definitely deafening. Minhyuk was almost scared to move an inch because her dad was glaring at him from head to toe. It was Krystal who is being talkative to lighten the mood a bit. Across her was Nicole who is silently eating her food and smirking. She seems enjoying what is happening. Krystal kicked her feet below the table, hoping for her little cousin to help her.

“Uhh... Ehh... Hey oppa, have some of these barbeque.” Nicole handed the plate over to him.

Krystal noticed that her boyfriend was having second thoughts about eating them. “Nicole I think he doesn’t like it but her Minhyuk have the salad.” Minhyuk nodded and Krystal put some veggies on his plate.

“Is your boyfriend gone mute?” Mr. Jung whispered and her wife heard it.

“Too bad Auntie Jung made it; this barbeque here is to die for!” Nicole proudly raised the stick earning a kick on her leg by Soojung. Minhyuk hung his head low and was about to get a barbeque but was interrupted by Soojung’s mom.

“Aigoo this kid is such a big eater! It was Amber’s favourite too.” Mrs. Jung said softly but smiled and looked at Minhyuk “It’s okay Minhyuk don’t feel bad, we understand. Sometimes idols have strict diet, right?” Mrs. Jung turned her head to his pouting husband and gave a light squeeze on his hand. He only nodded and resumed eating.

Soojung looked to her mom and mouthed “Thank you” and she only smiled in return.

“The food is very delicious, Mrs. Jung.” Minhyuk managed to say that made Krystal smiled.

 

“I’m sorry about earlier. I was really scared of your dad.” Minhyuk said as he sat on Krystal’s bed.

“Dad is just like that, I’m really sorry too.” Krystal sat beside him and rubbed his back to help him calm down.

“No, I’m the one who should be sorry. I understand Mr. Jung. You know what Krys, I really like your family. It will take time for them to get used to me and I promised to get your dad’s approval when the time comes.” Minhyuk said making Krystal blushed again. She leans in this time to capture his lips.

“Stay here I’ll just get us something to drink.” Krystal said and went to the kitchen.

While Krystal was away, Minhyuk roams around her room. He pulled out a photo album from a nearby shelf and takes it to bed. As he was scanning the pages, he didn’t notice that Krystal was already beside her. “That one was our kindergarten graduation, and that skinny kid here is Amber.”

Minhyuk looked at her and smiled. Krystal placed the two soda cans on the bedside table and continued her storytelling. “And this one was our Halloween costume party, Amber was a llama. This is when we celebrated grandma’s birthday in Daegu. It was Amber who took that picture.”

As they were looking the pictures together Minhyuk suddenly blurted out “You and Amber have so much history together.”

Krystal paused for a moment and looked at him. “Ofcourse... She is my bestfriend since kids.”

He sighed and shook his head. “Its not just that... I mean... You guys have been through so much, she was there in every important event of your life...” Minhyuk stopped turning the pages and looked at the girl beside her. “...and no matter what I do, I can’t have that.”

Krystal smiled and asked. “Are you jealous?”

“Yes. Very.” He nodded and managed to smile. “But its okay, because from now own I will be your present and future.” He placed his hand on top of Krystal’s and said “That’s why you are coming with me to Singapore, right?”

Soojung felt scared when she looked at his eyes. She doesn’t know why she felt that way because she knew from the start that she likes Minhyuk. But the future sounds frightening. She doesn’t want to disappoint her lover so she gave a weak nod to him.

 

Three weeks passed and the relationship between Minhyuk and Krystal are getting strong. Amber was busy on her projects but she didn’t forget the little tree house that she had on Daegu. It was like her sanctuary from the busy world in Seoul. The thought of coming back to Daegu does not purely reminds her of Soojung but also his dad. Now that she was getting ready for Grandma Jung’s 50th Anniversary, she had reasons why she must come to Daegu more often.

 

“This is Jung’s Flower shop, this is Krystal speaking. How can I help you?”

“Soojung my dear this is your Grandma.” The lady said on the other line.

“Ohmygosh! Grandma how are you?! You could have dialled the number in the house.” Krystal said

“It’s okay, I really want to talk to you directly. You see, my wedding anniversary is near and I would like you to arrange some flowers for me.”

“Oh Grandma, say no more. I’m gonna make it beautiful.” Krystal said with her smile on her face. She misses her grandma so much and also Daegu.

Grandma Jung chuckled on the other line. “Arraseo, I’ll see you on Saturday?”

“I’ll be there, grandma.”

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*insert chapter 7* Hihi. :D