Chapter 30

A Friend Of Mine

It was a long night for Amber after the talk with Krystal at the bridge. She was twisting, turning and tried different positions but the sleep didn’t plan visiting her tonight. It was normal for her because she has insomnia; but in times like this, she really wanted to seclude herself to the world hoping that when she wakes up, it will be better.

Minhyuk insisted... or like Krystal insisted Minhyuk to tell Amber that she can go with them returning to Seoul in the afternoon. But to Krystal’s dismay, Amber already bought ferry tickets to Seoul and will leave before noon. Krystal could have talked to her directly but whenever she will have a chance, her tongue felt like it was cut off. She will turn mute but then she remembered what they had conversed, so she just let her toothpick be.

“Hey, I’ll accompany you to the station.” Minah said as she saw Amber emerging from the room holding her duffle bag. Krystal and Minhyuk was sitting at the sofa and turned their heads to Amber upon hearing Minah’s voice.

“Are you sure that you are gonna leave at this hour? You can join with my son later.” Minhyuk’s mom asked.

Amber nodded and smiled. “Yes auntie, my boss is looking for me now.” She scratched her head and chuckled. “Thank you for everything auntie, and for letting me stay here at your house.”

“No problem, Am. Have a safe trip.” Minhyuk’s mom hugged her and Amber gladly returned it.

As she passed at the living room, he hugged Minhyuk like she already accepted her defeat in the boxing match. That this guy will be Krystal’s forever. Krystal was opening her arms for Amber to hug her but she just smiled and waved. “Yah. I’m still gonna see you so let’s not do that.”Amber lets out a lame excuse and her bestfriend just pouted at her.

 

“You know you should have just tell her, pabo.” Minah suddenly blurted out while playing with her phone. They were at the lounge waiting for Amber’s ferry.

“Huh?”

Minah sighed and looked at Amber. “I think she likes you too.”

Amber let out a lousy chuckle. “Nah. Don’t think so.”

Minah flicked her forehead causing Amber to yelp in pain. “Hey whats that for?!”

“Pabo.” And before Amber can strike back, the lady announced that her ferry arrived.

“Take care, Am...” Minah hugged Amber. “You’re my type but you have a head of a stupid.” She whispered to herself but good thing Amber didn’t catch it.

When Amber arrived home, she flopped herself on her bed. She was tired. Tired of all the happenings around her. She cried that night and promised to herself that it will be the last. Instead of mourning everything that happened, she busied herself with her work. She accepted many projects in the studio and sometimes she was participating in her uncle’s exhibits.

It’s been weeks since that Jeju trip and with her and Krystal talking. She didn’t like this at first but she kept in mind that this will be for the best.

 

“Are you out of your mind, Krystal?”

The voice of Krystal’s dad was echoing inside their household. She was being interrogated at the kitchen with her dad talking infront of her with arms crossed and her mom who is now leaning at the side of the kitchen table fanning herself.

“Soojung, if you don’t have respect for us atleast have some for yourself!” The girl hung her head low and biting her lip to prevent from crying. “You were gone for several days and toured almost the South Korean peninsula with a man your mom and I hardly know!”

Soojung looked up and reasoned out “Dad, I was with Amber all the time.”

“We know and we trust her. We gave in to your requests. We tried so hard to understand your reasons. Is there no end to this madness of yours for that man?!” Mr. Jung gripped the chair next to him and sighed.

Soojung wiped her tears away and looked up to his father with sincerity. “I’m so sorry dad, mom. But to tell you the truth... we are already together.”

“With Amber?!” Her mom, dad and Nicole said in unison.

There was a pause before Krystal can answer. “No... with Minhyuk.”