Chapter 33

A Friend Of Mine

Krystal insisted Amber to stay at their house for a bit. It was sure a tiring drive from Daegu going to Seoul. Although she knew what will be the answer of her bestfriend, Krystal still tried to convince the girl to stay.

Amber was physically and emotionally tired as soon as she stepped inside her abode. Her footsteps are becoming heavy and her vision started to become blurry because of the tears that she bravely keeping from the bay.

She opened the fridge and was about to take the half emptied cartoon of orange juice but changed her mind to a can of beer that she’s keeping at the lower part of the fridge. She knew to herself that she’s not a drinker but Amber thought that for this moment she needed a little booze.

 

“Hey Jinwoon thanks for inviting me to watch that movie, it was so hilarious!” Nicole said as Jinwoon walked her home.

“You’re welcome, besides I like being with you Nicole. Aack!”

Nicole playfully punched the stomach of Jinwoon and smirk. “That’s what you earned for being so cheesy.”

“Wait... is that your unnie?” Jinwoon asked when he saw her sitting at the hammock.

“Unnie?” Nicole worried approached her cousin as she saw her crying.

The older girl silently told what happened earlier between her and Amber. Nicole was comforting her unnie and gave her water to calm down. “Unnie, our situation is different. Me, I have only Jinwoon in my life. But unnie, you are torn between a habit and a dream. “

Krystal looked at her and asked “What do you mean?”

“You are torn between a person that you’re comfortable with and a person you always dreamed of. Unnie, if I were you I should make a decision soon not only to end your confusion but also to end the confusion of the two important persons in your life that is hoping for your love.”

Krystal signed for nth time for today. Everything that Nicole said earlier is true. She opened her phone and scan through the pictures in her gallery. There was one picture of her with Minhyuk and the other one with Amber. She closed her eyes and prayed that whoever she will choose, it will be the right person for her forever.

 

Amber went to Daegu a day before Grandma Jung’s wedding anniversary. She heard from Krystal’s dad that she might join her going to Daegu. Ofcourse Amber didn’t want to stuck with awkwardness for 3 hours, she made her way there alone.

“I’m so sorry Amber, I shouldn’t have said that.” Grandma Jung said apologetically as she hands over Amber’s favourite cookies as a peace offering

Amber smiled and happily chomps the cookies that she missed. “It’s okay Grandma, if you didn’t do it maybe this thing will never get off my chest. I knew I wasn’t brave enough so thank you for being my wingman.”

The old lady chuckled and patted Amber’s head. “In my book, you and my Soojung will be my OTP.”

“Oh my gosh grandma, when do you learn that word?”

“Why I am a millennial now... my face doesn’t show it but my heart is!” Amber laughed and the old lady was relieved that she’s seeing the boyish girl smiling.

 

Amber made sure that the batteries are well charged and her lenses are cleaned. She fixed her collar and black sleeves so they will look neat. Lastly, she fixed her hair to the side and swings the camera strap on the side. The party went well and the Jungs, especially Grandma was the busiest in the party. Amber was there keeping her composure not minding Krystal came with Minhyuk. She just busied herself with her work.

Afternoon came, Krystal and Minhyuk was about to leave. But before Krystal will leave her eyes search for Amber. She saw the boyish girl eating alone at the kitchen. She was about to announce her presence but Amber beats her to it. Why? Because she knew Krystal’s scent, even they are in a crowd she will still find Krystal in a heartbeat. The boyish girl looked up and it was the first time they looked at each other this day.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to disturb you.”

“No... its okay. I just finished eating good thing grandma saved me some.” Amber let out a awkward laugh and went to the kitchen sink to wash her plate.

“I know how dedicated you are in working... and I know that those pictures will come out perfect.” Krystal said as she was staring her bestfriend’s broad back. She had imagined herself giving her a tight back hug but she shook those images away when Amber turned to her.

“Thanks Krys.”

“I...uhm... Amber... I ” Krystal was about to say goodbye but she doesn’t know how to spill it infront of Amber. Her eyes darting to every corner in the room and her fingers were fidgeting. Amber read those and she knew her bestfriend is having a hard time.

“Have a safe flight Krystal. “ Krystal was surprised and looked at Amber. The older girl replied her with a sad smile on her face.

“How did you know?” Krystal asked.

“I’m your bestfriend. I knew.” Amber walked towards her bestfriend and gave her a pat on her head. “Go, you have a plane to catch hippo.” Krystal was surprised that Amber called her by the nickname that she gave and she kinda misses that too. 

Amber went outside leaving her bestfriend alone inside the kitchen. She stayed at the tree house at the back of their house. This serves as her refuge now. She stayed there until she heard the faint goodbyes from Grandma Jung and Krystal. She looked into the horizon and realirealized that the sun is already setting.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys I know its been so long. Life and adulting happened. I was so busy with work and I really dont have time to write anymore and my writing now so please bear with me. Huhu