Answers

One Shot Dumping Ground
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Miss A + 2PM]

Suzy stood on the veranda, staring out at the city beyond the walls. She had never been as far as the next town, let alone the sea. The only time she had heard about the sea was from friends who had been there, hearing that it was the most beautiful place they had been and that the sound of the waves, combined with the smell of the salt water was exhilarating. She craved adventure. 


Smiling, she touched the pendant hanging around her neck. It had been a gift from her close friend, Minjun. He had been her trainer and close ally, unlike most of the other people in the P.M. Sect. Minjun had told her that if she needed help, all she would need to do was touch the pendant and concentrate and she would find an answer. This had been before his disappearance two years before, surely at the hands of their enemies, the A.M. Sect, also known as the Allik Magtrin Sect. 


They had been the same people who had taken over when Suzy had been a child, enslaving or killing those who wouldn't agree to the new world. Her parents had refused, so had been put to death as a result. Minjun had taken her in when she had been twelve, keeping her hidden from the A.M. Sect. This had also been when he had given her the necklace, instructing her to wear it always. The tall young woman had never taken it off, hoping that her friend would one day return to her. Though she wanted him to return, she held little faith that he would actually come back alive. He had defied the A.M. Sect for too long, and Suzy feared that they had likely killed him because of it. 


She frowned, twisting the chain her precious necklace was hanging on. He was her only close friend, and she trusted him with all her heart. Minjun would never turn against her, so she needed to find a way to get to him, or at least find some answers. She hoped that going across the sea might help with that, especially with the feeling she got when she touched to necklace. It always seemed to direct her mind to the sea, so that was where she was determined to go. All she needed was a ticket. 


Walking to her bedroom, she pulled on fresh, black jeans and a black turtleneck. She would need to dress accordingly, if she was going to board a ship to the Western Sea. It seemed that her necklace was pointing in that direction, and if Minjun had been correct, it wouldn't lie. Grabbing a small black purse, she put the money she had saved up into it, hoping there would be enough to reach her destination. After packing a small bag of clothing, she locked her door and left Minjun's house. Her ship would be leaving the next morning, so she needed to make sure she could board it. This could be the answer to all of her questions she had never asked Minjun...or a huge mistake. 


When she arrived at the ship, Suzy smiled at the young man who was taking the tickets, using her classic good looks to her advantage as he ran his eyes over her athletic frame. Once he handed her a pass, she smiled at him again and walked up the plank to the ship. This would be a short sail, so she needed to make sure she was doing to right thing, and that would take some serious thought. 


Touching her necklace again, she nodded to herself. It seemed to be leading her on the right path, just as Minjun had told her it would. She would find her answers, regardless if she came across her mentor or not. 

 

 

The days passed smoothly, and Suzy got used to the movement of the ship as it traveled through the waves. Her stomach hadn't become queasy at all, a sign that she would be able to travel well. She was glad for that, so that she could concentrate on what she needed to do, which was finding the person or object that her necklace was drawing her to. It seemed to be very important, and she hadn't been able to sleep very well because of it. She just had to trust in her necklace and where it was leading her. 

 

 

After four days of sailing, the ship docked in a small fishing town. Walking down the plank, Suzy made her way to the inn, tired from her journey. Now that she was in the town across the sea, she could start looking for Minjun. The young woman felt as if she would find him here, but would begin asking around the next day. She needed to rest up before beginning her search. Once she was in her room, she pulled her necklace off, studying it. It was glowing now, a sign that she was headed in the right direction. That was encouraging, since this trip had been completely on instinct and following the guidance of the necklace. Taking a deep breath, she hung it back around her neck, falling asleep almost as soon as her head hit the pillow. 

 

 

Early the next morning, she was woken up by a tingling sensation from the necklace. Smiling, she gathered her things and paid for her room. The tingling likely meant that she would find what she was looking for, whether it was good or bad. She hoped it would have good results, but the pit in her stomach told her otherwise. 


Walking into a diner, she scanned the room of people, finally zeroing in on a young man sitting at one of the tables. It wasn't because of his good looks, but more from the feeling she got from her necklace when she saw him. She followed her instincts, making her way over to him cautiously. Running her hand over the blade she had hidden in her coat, she smiled. If he was untrustworthy, she would defend herself and leave. 


The man glanced at her when she came closer, but when his eyes fell of the necklace around her neck, he smiled and motioned for her to take a seat next to him. her lips nervously, Suzy took a seat cautiously, smiling back at him. Her instincts had been right. This man was an ally of Minjun's, so hopefully he had some answers.


"That's a nice necklace. Is it the reason you're here?" The man asked the question casually, but his eyes were completely serious. "Hi, my name's Junho. Minjun mentioned that he had an apprentice, and I guess you must be the one he was speaking about. That necklace of yours is serving you well, having lead you to me." 


Suzy frowned, thinking that he had given away too much information too easily. Something didn't seem right, but she would go with it, anyway. "My name's Suzy, and I came from across the sea to find answers. Minjun told me that if I needed help to follow my necklace. It seemed to be leading me to you, so I guess I'm going in the right direction. I just have to check something, though. What's the name that Minjun was going by before?" Her security question was crucial, because if he gave her the wrong name, she would know that he was an impostor. 


Junho nodded, pulling a necklace of the same kind out of his shirt. It was also glowing, and she could tell that it was the same kind of stone that she wore. "His name was Junsu, but later went by Minjun. His family name is Kim."


Suzy latched onto the word IS, hoping that it meant that her friend was still alive. It could also just mean that he HAD gone by it until his death. She didn't feel the need to voice any of her thoughts to Junho, though, since she wasn't certain that she could trust him. "I see. So, what happened to him? Why did he leave the city? Is he still alive?" 


Junho laughed softly, shaking his head. "We shouldn't be talking about this here. After we eat, will you go with me? I can give you the answers that you're looking for." 


The young woman nodded, desperate for answers. This was the entire reason she had traveled here, so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter