Touched

One Shot Dumping Ground
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[GOT7]

Kunpimook leaned over from his seat in the bus, noticing that they were almost at the school event. He was excited, especially since he would be getting out of the rest of his classes for that day. Smiling, he was glad he had stayed up the night before finishing his homework. Since it was Friday, he would have a chance to go to sleep early that night. He couldn't remember the last time he had slept in, but it was going to be wonderful. 

 

Most of the assignment was indoors, looking at several different art exhibits, and Kumpimook was glad to be out of the sun. The artificial lights would keep him awake and he was very grateful for that. Walking over to one of the charcoal pencil drawings, he became  entralled in the detail and beauty of it. He wished he was as good of an artist as the person who had created that, and he took notes in his binder to try it himself on his next project. 

 

"I wish I could do art like that," Kunpimook heard someone beside him speak, turning to smile at the other boy. He noticed that he was Korean and taller than Kunpimook was, which made the young Thai boy jealous. Even though he had rown quite a bit over the last year, he was still shorter than a lot of the Koreans. It was something else that reminded him that he wasn't like them.  

 

He grinned at the other boy. "Yeah, me too. I usually draw with pencils, but I'll have to try that. My name's Kunpimook Bhuwakul, by the way. Are you from Annyong High School? I haven't seen you around." 

 

The tall Korean smiled at him. "Kim Yugyeom, and no, I go to a different school. My school is here, too, since it's the day of the festival and my class wanted to take advantage of it." 

 

Kunpimook cocked his head, curious. "Festival? I didn't realize there was one going on right now. I'm sorry. I'm not origially from here, so I'm not familiar with the customs and holidays yet." 

 

Yugyeom stared at him for a moment, then looked away, nodding. "It's okay. It's not well known and is just one celebrating the appreciation of art," he replied, wrinkling his nose. "In other words, boring as hell...Bleh." 

 

Kunpimook laughed. "I see. So, you didn't have an entry in this contest? You're here to escape?" 

 

Yugyeom grinned, looking evil. "Exactly! I really didn't feel like sitting around and listening to the history of the entire art world. It goes back, like, thousands of years or something like that." 

 

Kunpimook actually thought the history sounded interesting, but he could understand how someone would think it was boring. "Yeah, I know what you mean. It would likely turn into something long and I would rather be sleeping right now. I'm so tired." He didn't feel strange admitting that to a stranger, especially someone who would likely understand. 

 

Yugyeom frowned, nodding. "Well, I think it's going to be a while until the results are out, so would you like to hang out for a while?" 

 

Kunpimook grinned. "Yeah. We could go get something to eat while we wait." 

 

"That sounds great!" The other boy agreed, and they headed off to the nearest hotdog stand.

 

They ended up hanging out for the rest of the day, exchanging phone numbers when they both had to leave.

 

On his way back to his school that afternoon, Kunpimook felt a headache beginning on his right temple. Rubbing it tiredly, he leaned back and began to drift off to sleep in his seat. If he didn't have any pain killer to get rid of this headache, he would try to sleep it off until he could get to his locker. 

 

 

When he got home that night, Kunpimook noticed that the headache had subsided a bit, but was still lingering. Figuring it was just the heat, he went to bed, falling asleep almost immediately. 

 

For the entire night, he dreamt about monsters and ghosts attacking him and no matter how many times he ran from them, they always caught up to him and ended his life. Each one was more bloody than the last, and he woke up sweating, his entire body tense. Reaching over to get a drink of water, he pulled out a book to read. He really didn't want to go back to sleep, even though he was very tired. Concentrating on the story, he hoped it might give him better dreams than the nightmares he was having. Halfway through the third chapter, he fell asleep again, going straight into the terrible dreams again. 

 

 

The next day, Kunpimook didn't wake up until 11:00, and when he walked into the bathroom, he noticed the dark circles under his eyes. The terrible dreams had taken away any rest he might have gotten, and it really showed on his face. He stepped into the shower, turning on the warm water. It would help to sooth his nerves, at the very least. When he got out, he felt somewhat refreshed, pushing the thoughts of the nightmares to the back of his mind. 

 

Glancing at his phone, he noticed that he had a text from Yugyeom. Smiling, he opened it. It really didn't say anything important, but was simply a text to tell him that he was glad they had met and that he would love to hang out with him somtime. Kunpimook replied, telling him that he agreed that they should hang out sometime, hoping that the other boy would continue to be a nice to him. He wanted more friends, especially being new to Korea. 

 

 

Kunpimook went through the day as usual, enjoying the time away from school. The weekend passed quickly, and before he knew it, he was on the bus to school on Monday morning. His nightmares had returned every night, and he still felt as if he wasn't rested, but he hoped they would go away. They were terrible, dreaming about death and monsters. 

 

After his last class that day, he saw Youngjae, one of his few friends, sitting in the school lounge, reading. The older teen was always quiet, but that was one thing Kunpimook liked about him. They got along well, and Youngjae had been the first one to talk to him when he had moved to Korea. 

 

Walking over to Youngjae, he sat down next to him and they began talking. He didn't mention the nightmares, but did mention meeting Yugyeom on the school trip. Youngjae seemed interested, glad that he had friends other than himself. Youngjae seemed to understand him, and it was nice. He never felt like an outsider when he was around him. 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter