Trust Me

One Shot Dumping Ground
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ZE:A + LEDApple]

 

Kevin stood at the airport, looking through his luggage to make sure everything he had packed was still there. Smiling, he took a deep breath. His boyfriend would be picking him up soon, and he was very glad of that. The flight from Korea had been long and he would have slept the entire way, if it hadn't been for the screaming toddler in the seat in front of him. Now all he wanted to do was sleep for the next week.
 
Glancing at his watch, the young man stifled a yawn. Yeah. A nap was definitely on his high priority list, at the moment. Kevin stared at the terminal, smiling when he saw his tall boyfriend walk through. He would finally get to go home and sleep.
 
"Hey," his boyfriend grinned at him, kissing him lightly. "How was your flight? Are you hungry? I waited to eat so that you could go with me." Hanbyul was also Korean, but had an Australian accent, just like Kevin did. "I know the food court , so we could go to a restaurant or something."
 
Kevin sighed, still thinking about the sleep his had been deprived of the the last several hours. "Hanbyul, I would really rather go to sleep right now," he grinned when his boyfriend pouted. "I am hungry, though, so we can go get something to eat first."
 
Hanbyul wrapped his arm around Kevin's shoulder, picking up his suitcase before leading the way out of the airport. "Okay. We can go eat, then sleep. Let's go."

 

 
 
Over the next few days, Kevin fell back into Australia's timezone, overcoming his jetlag. Hanbyul was supportive, knowing that it might take a while to get back to normal. Kevin had missed his boyfriend, and was sad that he still had to work so much. He had yet to find a job in Australia, but knew that it was only a matter of time before he would need one. He couldn't simply live off of his boyfriend for the rest of his life, and needed something to do with his time, also.
 
One day, he noticed a sign for a job showing tourists around the islands, so he took on of the fliers and called he number. He was surprised that they fit him in for an interview the next day.
 
Grinning, he hurried home to tell Hanbyul, disappointed that he was on his computer when he walked in. Kevin sat quietly and waited, knowing that it was likely something important that he was working on.
 
Hanbyul finally closed his computer and turned to him. "Hey, there. You seem awfully happy, babe. Did you get lucky or something, going to the beach with that y body of yours?" The younger man grinned at Kevin, laughing when he rolled his eyes.
 
"No, babe. I would never do that. I have an interview tomorrow with a tourist company," Kevin still couldn't keep the grin off of his own face. "I guess they need help badly, since they want me to come in so quickly."
 
Hanbyul smiled again, his dimples popping out with the expression. "Yeah...That, or they want you to be the tourist attraction." He laughed when Kevin glared at him, moving away. "Cool, though. I'm happy for you. It'll be good for you to get a job, and that could be perfect," he kissed him deeply, pulling Kevin toward the bedroom. "I think that's something to celebrate. Don't you?"
 
Kevin laughed, kissing him back. "Definitely."
 
Hanbyul smirked and shut the bedroom door behind them.

 

 
 
When he showed up at the interview the next day, Kevin smiled at the tall Caucasian man in khaki shorts and shirt. He felt overdressed in his nice slacks and short-sleeved polo shirt. "Hello, sir. My name's Kevin Kim, and I was called for an interview." He extended his hand to th other man, who shook it firmly.
 
"Bobby," he smiled at Kevin. "Please come this way, and I'll begin our interview." They walked to a small office building, where Bobby gave him the interview, hiring him right away and handing Kevin paperwork to fill out.
 
Kevin was about to get into Hanbyul's red jeep and go home, when he saw a young Korean man hurry over to him, smiling shyly.
 
"Sir, you forgot your keys. I don't think you'll get home without them," he laughed nervously, handing Kevin his key.
 
Kevin snorted and laughed. "I can't believe I left them there. Thank you." He shook his head, smiling. "Do you work here?"
 
The young man grinned at him. "Yeah. I came here on an assignment from my school, so I'll be here all Summer."
 
Kevin nodded. "High school? So you're going back home this Fall?"
 
The other man bit his lip, shaking his head. "No. College. I know I look like a high school student, but I graduated a few years ago. I'm a sophomore in college," he glanced at his watch, cursing lightly under his breath. "I'm sorry, but I really need to go. I'll be late for my shift. Maybe I'll see you around."
 
Kevin nodded again, realizing he hadn't asked to young man his name. "Alright. I'll see you around, then. Thanks for giving me my keys."
 
The young man waved at him, grinning. "Of course! See you later," he said, leaving Kevin shaking his head. He couldn't believe he had done something as stupid as forgetting his keys. Hanbyul's keys.
 
He got into the jeep and drove home, excited to tell his boyfriend about his new job. When he arrived and told him about it, Hanbyul took him out to eat, celebrating.
 
 
He ended up staying up for half of the night, but woke up early the next morning to go to work. This time, he dressed in the khaki shorts and shirt Bobby had given him. He also had a red bandana that he tied around his neck, finishing off his work attire.
 
"Good luck," Hanbyul smiled at him from the bed, grabbing his robe and putting it on. "I can give you a ride...to work, unless you would rather come pick me up on your break and take me to work. I don't work unil this evening."
 
Kevin kissed him lightly, trying to ignore the butterflies in his stomach. "I think I would rather come pick you up. That way, I can tell you how it's going. How do you like that?"
 
"Sounds great," Hanbyul grabbed some clothes from his drawer, walking to the restroom. As soon as he left, Kevin took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. He hadn't let on how nervous he really was about this job. Walking out to the jeep, he got in and drove to work.
 
When he got there, he saw the same young man who had given him his keys standing by the office. "Hi, Kevin. You're supposed to shadow me today. By the way, I didn't get a chance to introduce myself yesterday. My name's Dongjun, so if you want to follow me, Iwe'll get started."
 
"Nice to meet you, Dongjun," Kevin smiled, following the young man over to the tourists they were going to introduce to Australia. They talked working, and Kevin found that Dongjun was very easy to get along with. By  1:00, Kevin was getting hungry.
 
"So, I'm going to go on break, but thank you for helping me to get used to all of this. I could get used to this," Kevin said, offering a lop-sided grin.
 
"Okay," Dongjun grinned back at him. "Do you have your keys, this time?"
 
Kevin laughed. "Yeah, I do. I'll see you i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter