Insanity

One Shot Dumping Ground
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[BTS]

Taehyung walked out into the snow, staring at the commotion across the street. His neighbor and friend had been acting strange for the last week, and Taehyung knew that it was because he had taken the injection that would mark him as a person with power. The government had allowed Jin to use his powers, and everything had been going smoothly. He had even been offered a higher position at his job for having powers. Despite it giving him clout, Jin's attitude began to change from his kind nature, little by little, until one day he attacked one of his employees, blasting the woman with fire and burning her severely. His boss had simply told him to not give into using his powers again, and Jin had left, angry. Now he had completely lost it, yelling at the police officers that were trying to contain him. Taehyung winced as the officer pushed his friend to the ground, handcuffing him and cutting off his ability to use power. After they were certain that he would comply with their wishes, they let him go home, but he still wasn't the same as before.

 

One week later, Taehyung was called into his living room by his roommate, Jungkook. The younger teenager pointed to the television, where they saw a warning to all people with power. Taehyung listened in disgust as the president ordered everyone who had powers to go in and get a power license. He offered protection to them all, telling them that if they went in and got the injection, they would be protected and also allowed to use their powers freely.

 

Taehyung turned off the tevevison, shaking his head at Jungkook. "No. I don't think it's a good idea for people who have powers to get a license. I mean, look at Jin. He believed that he would be protected, but I'm sure they're just controlling his life now. He went insane, and now he's not the same person he was before. I won't let that happen, so will you help me pack?"

 

Jungkook jerked his head around in surprise. "Wait...You have powers? Why didn't you tell me?"

 

The older teen sighed, smiling bitterly. "If I told you before, you might have talked me into a power license. It's something I won't get, especially now. It's not that I don't trust you, Jungkook. It's just that I can't do it. I won't risk the insanity that comes over everyone who gets the injection. Do you see what I'm saying?"

 

His childhood friend frowned, but nodded. "Yeah. I do understand why you didn't tell me about it. I probably would have tried to talk you into it, since I didn't know this would happen. I thought everything would go as smoothly as the adds said they would. They lied, tricking people into getting them, so that the government could have power over them and complete say in what they used their powers for," he smiled at Taehyung. "Yeah, I'll help you pack. Where do you want to go?"

 

Taehyung grinned at him nervously. "I've been thinking about it for a while now, and I think I want to go to my grandparents' place. No one lives there, so they wouldn't think to look there for someone who has powers without a license. Would you like to go with me? There's a school near there, so we can both go to school without anyone suspecting my powers. What do you think?"

 

Jungkook nodded, turned off the television, grabbing his cell phone off of the arm of the couch. "I think that's a good plan. We can be gone by morning, if we start packing now."

 

"Thank you, Jungkook. You're awesome, and I knew I could count on you," Taehyung smiled at him again, this time gently. "Let's start with the kitchen."

 

 

They packed all night, finally filling the last box and closing it up at 2:00 AM. Jungkook grinned at him tiredly. "Well, here goes nothing. We can leave tonight, and no one will ever know where we went."

 

Taehyung hugged him lightly, yawning. "Thank you, again, Jungkook. I really appreciate this. You're a true friend."

 

"You're welcome, Taehyung. Let's get out of here before they suspect anything," Jungkook took his house keys, locking the door and leaving a note for the apartment manager to get them out from under the mat. He knew that the apartment manager had been wanting them to leave for a while now, and this was their chance. They packed the last of their belongings into the car, and they started down the street to their new destination.

 

 

After they had moved their belongings into their new house, Taehyung and Jungkook registered for the school there. The first day went smoothly, with everyone ignoring them and not treating them like new kids. In fact, it was as if they were invisible, so it was easy to blend in.

 

The weeks flew by, and Taehyung was relieved that they were fitting in so well. They would go to school, then return home and stay hidden. It was somewhat of a reclusive lifestyle, but neither one of them seemed to mind it at all. Neither of them had any living relatives who would wonder where they had moved to, so they were free to go wherever they needed to go. Despite it being somewhat scary to be in hiding, they both saw it as worth it. It was something that was needed, so that he wouldn't be found out and have to get a license. He continued to practice his power of weather control in secret, mostly in their backyard or the field, and Jungkook was a huge help with keeping his secret and pushing him to train and become stronger. He would need his power, if he ever got discovered.

 

One day after school, Taehyung was about to go home when he was approached by a young man who seemed to be a little older than him. He seemed to be very friendly, and invited Taehyung and his friend, Jungkook over over for dinner. They were both a bit wary, but accepted it, in the end. He needed to blend in, and this was a good way to do that. The young man's name was Yoongi and when they arrived at his house, he invited them in with a smile. While they were eating dinner, Yoongi engaged in conversation with the two teens, learning about them. Neither of them mentioned Taehyung's power or the reason they had moved there. It wasn't his business, after all.

 

They played games and talked for a long time, and when they were getting ready to leave, Yoongi smiled at them. "I had fun. You should come back some other time and we can do this again. Maybe the weather will be better. It sure would be nice to have the power to control it, but I wouldn't want to licese to use it, you know? I would want to be free."

 

Taehyung froze, glancing at Jungkook. "Yeah, that would be cool, but I agree about the license. It would be too much trouble, and I wouldn't have the money for a license, anyway," he said, grinning at Yoongi. He changed the subject quickly. "Thank you for inviting us over. It was nice, and we'll do it again. Have a good night, okay?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter