Power From Within

One Shot Dumping Ground
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[4Minute + BTS]

 

Sitting in the large window seat of her bedroom, Hyuna watched the glistening snow fall onto the city streets and sidewalks, creating a cold layer of happiness for the children to play in and adding a fresh, crispness to the air. Smiling, the young woman glanced down at her hands. That was what she enjoyed the most. It was cold, and yet, she was right in her element. Winter was the perfect time of year for her, allowing her to practice her special ability in the solitude of her bedroom without her parents and brothers discovering it. Having the power of ice meant that she never got cold and she loved it. Sometimes it got lonely, though. She wouldn't lie to herself.

 

"Hyuna, Jin is here to see you! He said you were going to the mall together," she turned her head away from the window at the sound of her little brother's voice.

 

Cursing under her breath, she shook her head in irritation. She had completely forgotten about it. At least she was already dressed in something fitting: a red, loose fitting sweater and black skinny jeans. Glancing around the room, she spotted her red and grey plaid scarf, throwing it over her shoulder as she ran down the stairs, pulling her long, thick hair back into a high ponytail on her way. Smiling at Jin, she hoped she didn't look too frazzled. "I'm sorry I'm late. I was busy. Let's go!"

 

Seokjin laughed, giving her a knowing look. "Uh, huh. I think you just forgot about it," her friend smiled at her, tossing his keys in his hand. "Yeah, let's go."

 

They headed out the door, making their way out to his waiting car, heading toward the nearest mall. She never had anything to hide, when it came to Jin. He was her closest friend, and the petite young woman had always felt completely safe when they were together. The only thing she had to worry about him was his unhealthy obsession with the color pink and anything revolving around any shade of it. That was the only complaint she ever had about him, and even that was just a small issue and just a part of his personality.

 

They shopped for a while, buying a lot of clothes and several other things, all the while talking about their plans for the Winter break at their college. It was just around the corner and Hyuna couldn't wait. It was also a time that she could forget about hiding her power and just be herself. That was the best feeling in the world. Freedom.

 

At the end of the day, Hyuna climbed the stairs and went to bed, feeling completely satisfied with her purchases and the refreshed feeling of being out of the house. Changing into her pyjamas, she slipped into bed, falling asleep almost immediately and dreaming about a snowy Winter wonderland and using her power freely, creating an ice castle and making the children happy as they played in it. However, at the end of the dream, she saw the entire scene go black and dreary, with a raging storm churning in the depths of a black hole she was sinking into. That awoke her with a sharp gasp.

 

Sitting up quickly, she felt the hard surface of metal, instead of her bed. Frightened, she stood up carefully, only to fall back down from the dizzy feeling she felt as the world spun. She felt as if she was freezing to death, even though she had never felt cold before. Panic began to set in as she realized the situation. She was in the shed on the back of her parents' property, and she knew there was no way out from the inside. It had been designed to keep animals from escaping, and she knew it worked very well. She began to feel helpless as she realized that someone had discovered her and placed her there so she wouldn't use her powers. A sick feeling formed in the pit of her stomach as she shivered from the knowledge that this was the end. She was going to die there and they would win. She would never reach her full potential with her powers, or in her life.

 

Giving up on the thought of standing, Hyuna lay back, drawing her knees up close to her chest in comfort. She would have to wait until this drug that was negating her power wore off and she wasn't so cold. Then she would figure out what to do and how to escape. At the moment, she didn't see a way out, and that was terrifying to her.

 

She spent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter